• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top cop fears America will be hit with summer of gun violence after THREE states see shootouts in just 23 hours that leave two dead and at least 30...

Reptile

NES Member
  • Austin, Texas, Savanah, Georgia and Chicago all saw mass shootings earlier on Saturday
  • A man was killed in Savannah, with seven others injured, while a woman died in Chicago, with nine injured
  • No-one was killed when two gunmen opened fire on drinkers in Austin, but 14 were injured, two of whom remain critically-ill
  • Savannah Police Chief Roy Minter Jr and Police Executive Research Forum Director Chuck Wexler fear a summer of gun violence lies ahead
  • They say a recent spike in gun crime appears to be a long-term trend, rather than a brief blip
  • COVID, and calls to defend the police that have led to staff shortages have been partially-blamed for spiraling crime levels
Top cops say they fear that the US could be hit by a horrific summer of mass shootings - with three states alone witnessing gun atrocities within the last 24 hours.

Savannah Police Chief Roy Minter Jr and Chuck Wexler, from the Police Executive Research Forum, said a recent explosion in the number of shootings appears to be a long term trend, rather than a blip.

Minter spoke after a man was killed and seven were injured in a mass shooting in Savannah on Friday night. Seven others were injured.

He said: 'It's very disturbing what we're seeing across the country and the level of gun violence that we're seeing across the country.

'It's disturbing and it's senseless.'

Commenting on the wider trend - which saw a woman killed and nine injured in Chicago, and 14 shot and injured in Austin - both in the early hours of Saturday, Wexler said: 'There was a hope this might simply be a statistical blip that would start to come down.

'That hasn't happened. And that's what really makes chiefs worry that we may be entering a new period where we will see a reversal of 20 years of declines in these crimes.'

Two of those shot in Austin remain critically ill, with one of two men wanted over the shooting arrested on Saturday evening. No information about that man has been released.

The Chicago attack also involved two shooters, both of them men, who escaped on foot afterwards, and who have not been identified.

Those injured in Savannah include an 18 month-old toddler and 13 year-old, with Minter saying gunfire broke out following a dispute between two families at an apartment complex earlier this week. No information on arrests has been shared.

Police unions say repeated calls to defund - or even abolish - their departments in the wake of George Floyd's murder and other instances of brutality against black Americans have led to mass-resignations, and caused staff shortages.

The police or ‘authorities’ in general are going to get nowhere until they start being honest with themselves and the people.

Stop referring to it as ‘gun violence’ and start calling it and treating it for what it is; violent criminals doing violent crimes. Pretty simple.
You can’t police violent neighborhoods through politics, it doesn’t work and in fact has the exact opposite affect.

Chiefs, higher ups in LE just don’t have the balls anymore to flat out say this and take back control of their depts. They’re too concerned with playing politics and losing their big chair for not towing the company line.

The police or ‘authorities’ in general are going to get nowhere until they start being honest with themselves and the people.

Stop referring to it as ‘gun violence’ and start calling it and treating it for what it is; violent criminals doing violent crimes. Pretty simple.
You can’t police violent neighborhoods through politics, it doesn’t work and in fact has the exact opposite affect.

Chiefs, higher ups in LE just don’t have the balls anymore to flat out say this and take back control of their depts. They’re too concerned with playing politics and losing their big chair for not towing the company line.
This
Also the prosecutors in some states/cities are refusing to prosecute so “they” are running wild

• Savannah Police Chief Roy Minter Jr and Police Executive Research Forum Director Chuck Wexler fear a summer of gun violence lies ahead

Chuck Wexler is an anti c*** who supported Chipman. Roy Minter Jr is his buddy with ties to PERF. That says all you need to know about him and this article.

Why should this summer be any different from past summers? Maybe in those cities people should apply for asylum in Central America.

You want to see some serious riots, shut down the EBT computers nationwide, then just run for cover.
Ya know how many many on the dole in Mass are alleged to have multiple
active EBT cards? (A perennial trivia question about BPD arrest reports
is "how many EBT cards were in the suspect's wallet?").

It's not even necessarily identity theft -
they just fraudulently report cards as lost or stolen,
and they just get refilled replacements without the old ones
being disabled.

Well, I just figured out how to recognize when the state has just gotten screwed
in a ransomware scam and paid a big, big ransom:
When you hear that all the "stolen" EBT cards suddenly get canceled,
because they need to backfill the sudden hole in the budget
that was earmarked for double-dipping welfare queens.

Ya know how many many on the dole in Mass are alleged to have multiple
active EBT cards? (A perennial trivia question about BPD arrest reports
is "how many EBT cards were in the suspect's wallet?").

It's not even necessarily identity theft -
they just fraudulently report cards as lost or stolen,
and they just get refilled replacements without the old ones
being disabled.

Well, I just figured out how to recognize when the state has just gotten screwed
in a ransomware scam and paid a big, big ransom:
When you hear that all the "stolen" EBT cards suddenly get canceled,
because they need to backfill the sudden hole in the budget
that was earmarked for double-dipping welfare queens.
I don’t believe that is true.
I think when a card is replaced and sent out the old one is disabled.
I pimps take the cards from the girls in exchange for drugs.
The better the pimp, the more cards he has.
It’s the AmEx Black of the hood.

535t8v.png

Howie Carr used to report on how many cards illegals used to have on them and the amounts.

I personally witnessed a man and a woman at a local Walmart pay for a whole bunch of stuff with multiple EBT cards. They were right in front of me at the checkout line. Now they might be the only people in the country who have cheated the system on such a grand scale, but I don't believe it. Even the cashier was shaking his head in utter disbelief watching 2 people scam the system the way that they did.

I personally witnessed a man and a woman at a local Walmart pay for a whole bunch of stuff with multiple EBT cards. They were right in front of me at the checkout line. Now they might be the only people in the country who have cheated the system on such a grand scale, but I don't believe it. Even the cashier was shaking his head in utter disbelief watching 2 people scam the system the way that they did.
Once you have a card you are all set until renewal.

Free money every month.

Once you have a card you are all set until renewal.

Free money every month.
My son is a cashier at a grocery store and he says that people will pay with an ebt card while they have enough cash to choke a horse in their purse

Its' all a plot to get rid of guns.

I am convinced that the government is behind all of these shootings.

These “Top Cops” were not alarmed by last summer’s violence utterly destroying sections of cities while civilians and cops were all getting attacked by mobs of thugs? They shouldn’t fear anything at this point the way I see it.

Somewhere I was just reading statistics that were completely retarded
Comparing a year of lockdown to this year...The gun control groups are going to have a field day fudging those numbers.

Zero newsworthy mass shootings all last year compared to what maybe 40 now this year. “There’s a 40,000% increase in mass shootings...The sky is falling! Please wont somebody think of the children!”

Oh by the way you’re a child until your 21...
It’s a school shooting every time a gun fire s there is a school somewhere in the country.

They really made bullshit an art form. And Call it science/research

Back
Top Bottom