Top 3 Guns (make and model) EVERY American should own....

None. Any such list could be used as a tool to limit what firearms people "should" have.

Furthermore, firearms and firearms ownership is an individual decision and choice.

First, let me get a giant, enormous, crazy eye roll out of the way for all the people who think this thread could possibly be used to help legally justify curtailing gun ownership. Here we go: [rolleyes]

Yet, people jump all over me when I question whether or not you want to have racist jokes on a public board that you want to be the face of gun ownership. You may want to re-examine the things that are actually making gun owners look bad.

I think the point of this thread is pretty clear to anyone who is not intentionally misinterpreting it: what three guns should every gun owner start their collection with. For crying out loud, nobody suggested that you should only be able to own these three weapons.

That said, here is my list:

Remington 870 with multiple barrels
Remington 700 in either .308 or 30-06 depending on what you hunt
Any good quality 9mm pistol

It's the Massachusetts paranoia at work.

The selection of guns is influenced by the intended purpose, I think. A hunter would have different priorities than a target shooter, and again different from self defense use.

My list (I'll let you guess which category).

Full-size Glock, preferably .45ACP G21
Mossberg 500A combo w/ 28" and 18.5" barrels
AR15 (.223 with optional .22 upper)

S&W .357
REM 870
AK

none of which i currently own... damn, i have some shopping to do......

need a 10/22 for the quiet hunting of small game......
10/22 should be so ubiquitous that it doesn't even count against the 3 gun limit....

Last edited:
i will own as many guns as my wife lets me.

"...one of most prominent national gun boards conducted a survey of WIVES, and 99% of respondents support '3-gun limit' as reasonable measure to prevent further gun-related EXPENDITURES. Next step is for state and federal WIVES to work together in the effort to pass this into law as soon as possible....'

FIFY

My list echos what others have put up.

12-gauge shotgun (Rem 870 with rifled and 26" VR barrel)
AR-15
9mm pistol

I also have a 10/22, but if I could only choose three to start with, it would be the ones above. A full-size .45ACP 1911 is next on my list...

My list echos what others have put up.

12-gauge shotgun (Rem 870 with rifled and 26" VR barrel)
AR-15
9mm pistol

I also have a 10/22, but if I could only choose three to start with, it would be the ones above. A full-size .45ACP 1911 is next on my list...

1911 for sure. That's next for me as well. I agree with the full size choice. I cannot stand 3 and 4" 1911's. I don't see a purpose for the commander size 1911. It's ugly IMO and it isn't the iconic 5" bbl 1911. Yeah it's easier to carry but there are Glocks and Springfields much smaller or even the G21 which should take precedent. My 2 cents.

M4 Carbine
some sort of sniper rifle in a magnum caliber
M240G

Every abled body American should maintain in his possession and in good working order the means to defend his family, community, state and country. To that end, every American should have: An M4, M9 and M590A1. These are the weapons are military uses to defend our country and national interests, they should be what its citizens are ready to defend their country with as well.

That aside: A Rifle, A Pistol and a Shotgun with the proficiency to use each safely and effectively.

M4 Carbine
some sort of sniper rifle in a magnum caliber
M240G

The Gulf? Isn't that the one with the butterfly trigger that gets mounted in choppers? I'd want the 240L if anything. Weight reduction and pistol grip trigger assembly.

... An M4, M9 and M590A1. These are the weapons are military uses to defend our country and national interests, they should be what its citizens are ready to defend their country with as well...

Most of the rank and file Army is still using the M-500 as their 12 gauge.

The Gulf? Isn't that the one with the butterfly trigger that gets mounted in choppers? I'd want the 240L if anything. Weight reduction and pistol grip trigger assembly.

That's the one I used way back when. I think it's basically the USMC version of the Army's 240 bravo. Not sure what the guys are using these days.

• Even though I'm not a fan, I can see the usefullness of a 1911:
  • Plenty of parts lying about
  • Ammo is abundant
  • Mags are interchangeable, for the most part, between many pistols

Rem 870 or Moss 500, can't get much more basic than that.
  • One can never go wrong with a scatter gun.
  • A short barrel for defense
  • A long barrel for bird

10/22 or equivalent .22lr rifle
  • Can't get much more basic
  • 1k rounds weighs very little and is easily transportable.
  • Even though it's a puny .22, it can still cause problems for the recipient at 200 yards.

My list would be.

[IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u1/billhig1/AH-64D_DVD-1098-2_375x300.jpg[/IMG]

300px-Abrams-transparent.png

And a 1911

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I definitely want to get an 870 at some point in the near future...

Without that, I'd have to go with:
10/22TD
AR or AK

For me;
Rifle - LW RR UTE2 AR-15 and Eotech XPS2-2 (with Trijicon tritium sights).
Pistol - 9mm Beretta 92fs Combat (and 22LR conversion kit).
Shotgun - Browning BPS 20 inch 12 gauge (with factory full length magazine tube).

smitty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom