Took LTC class today!

So today my wife and I both took the LTC class, finally. It was the first time firing a handgun for both of us. It went very well, was alot of fun, and the instructor was a great guy. Now we just have to round up our letters of reference, get our apps in, and wait!

Just wanted to share. [smile]

"Green" towns don't pull the "letters of reference" BS on citizens.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... I need three letters of reference in order to be granted my Constitutional rights? WTF?

edit: furthermore, do we have any recourse for this sort of thing? How can something like this even come to exist in the first place? Isn't this clearly unConstitutional? Do we need letters of reference in order to qualify for the right to speak as well?

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I was thinking... I need three letters of reference in order to be granted my Constitutional rights? WTF?

edit: furthermore, do we have any recourse for this sort of thing? How can something like this even come to exist in the first place? Isn't this clearly unConstitutional? Do we need letters of reference in order to qualify for the right to speak as well?

Yes, we do. Sort of... (have recourse that is):

Step #1: Join www.goal.org, do it now.
Step #2: Inform goal that your town is requiring this of you
Step #3a: File the application with the letters of reference, or
Step #3b: Hire Cross-x or Scrivner to represent you and fight the COP.

Steps #1 and #2 are no brainers. Goal is the only organization in the state working to support our 2A rights. They deserve our support and put it to good use. They are collecting information on added requirements like this as evidence to push back on the state.

Matt

So today my wife and I both took the LTC class, finally. It was the first time firing a handgun for both of us. It went very well, was alot of fun, and the instructor was a great guy. Now we just have to round up our letters of reference, get our apps in, and wait!

Just wanted to share. [smile]

Congrats and welcome to the club! The folks I trust my loved ones with are shooters! We tend to be a great bunch.[smile]

You speak highly of your instructor. So tell us who she or he was and where you took the course. What course did you take?

Congrats on taking the first step on exercising your constitutional rights, and best of luck with your pending application(s). Start saving your pennies now so that you can get that pistol you want as soon as your LTC comes back. There is no feeling like buying the gun you want on the first day you are eligible to do so. I'd also consider joining as an NES paid member, if come to one of our group shoots, someone will likely have the gun you're thinking of getting so that you can try before you buy. Anyhow, welcome to the fold.

Congrats and welcome to the family. You'll find a warm welcome here to new shooters, plus a wealth of experience and advice...all of which is free :)

Back
Top Bottom