Tomorrow: My first trip to Bass Pro

Hoping to get some input on their prices. Any chance I'm going to be so impressed that I up with something that goes bang leaving a bruise on my credit card? How are they with the side stuff such as scopes, rests, etc?

check their website...

ammo is priced decently..

the last two times I went, the firearms were overpriced by $40+ average..

i looked at M&P's, Beretta 380's, SW1911's, SIGMA and SW442 / 642 and a couple of .22 Rifles...

the accessories were priced decently... i'm sure someone else will chime in.

anyway, it's a nice place to bring the kids if got any. lots of other stuff to look at. stragest thing to me was they have a bar. LOL

Hoping to get some input on their prices. Any chance I'm going to be so impressed that I up with something that goes bang leaving a bruise on my credit card? How are they with the side stuff such as scopes, rests, etc?

They don’t sell any tactical rifles or shotguns. But they do have a wide variety of products. Lots of archery goodies, but they are horrible at setting them up. While your there, check out the knives. They have a large display.

I think it is a hit or miss. Some of the prices seem very high while some are really cheap(usually when there is a sale of some sort).

I think it is a hit or miss. Some of the prices seem very high while some are really cheap(usually when there is a sale of some sort).

I agree, it's a hit or miss, some good deals, some not so good. The first time I went, I thought the gun prices I saw were way out of line, recently they seem much better ( It' my perspective, I didn't take notes or anything).

Also, kids do love it, which gets me to stay longer and get a chance to look around a bit more.

Lots of archery goodies, but they are horrible at setting them up.

Depends on who you get I think...they've weeded out a lot of the people..and now have a few Cert Bow Techs. One even grew up working in a bow shop, Trader Janes, and is a damn good instructor. She can do magic with the bows from what I've been told. I don't fire bows, so I can't really comment. But I've been told by a lot of people that they are much happier with a few of the people that are there now.

It's a fun place to visit, part store, part museum, part zoo. My sons love it.

I always though C-Pher was a screen name, but it must be real as it's on his nametag....LOL

Depends on who you get I think...they've weeded out a lot of the people..and now have a few Cert Bow Techs. One even grew up working in a bow shop, Trader Janes, and is a damn good instructor. She can do magic with the bows from what I've been told. I don't fire bows, so I can't really comment. But I've been told by a lot of people that they are much happier with a few of the people that are there now.

Trader Jan's I believe, stick to gunz.....LOL

I have had good experiences there so far. Also, everything i've bought has been on sale. Plus, i think if you sign up for their credit card, you get a coupon for %10 off your purchase that day. I did that AND bought stuff on sale. Saved a bunch...

Bass Pro Shop simply,...well....BLOWS. The fish exhibit is great and the kids love it. Otherwise it is hot, stuffy, smelly and overpriced. It is filled with their line of clothing, literally a million fishing lures, standard run of the mill guns and not much else. Once a life, as far as I'm concerned.

I ended up being too busy running errands in Boston and Cambridge all day yesterday to make it down to Foxboro with my buddy and his son. So instead, I popped into Roach's and bought a Ruger Mark III 6.75" stainless. If I didn't have to wait till Sunday to get my magpass from BR&P, I'd be there tonight when I get out of work.

I have had good experiences there so far. Also, everything i've bought has been on sale. Plus, i think if you sign up for their credit card, you get a coupon for %10 off your purchase that day. I did that AND bought stuff on sale. Saved a bunch...

thats how I bought my gun safe [smile]

A few years ago I used my Bass Pro card to earn a free 1851 Navy and a Gerber multi tool. I don't know if they give points anymore, do they?

Back
Top Bottom