• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Told Gun truths to highschoolers

71montess

NES Member
My bro in law called me and asked if I would talk to his son and some other students about the gun show loophole today.
I talked over the phone, which he had on speaker. I hope I sounded intelligent if not passionate. I started with the thousands of gun laws we live under already. Moved to most gun deaths are suicide and handgun not rifles or so called assault rifles. And as a gun owner, believe the gun control people say commonsense gun control as a Trojan horse for their real goal of confiscation. Texted him a Video on 7 most false gun control facts including the gun show loophole and why it's a lie. Hope I influenced young minds.

This was a school project, not sure how many kids there. It more proof of Democrats liberals (as 99% of teachers are) trying to brainwash morals they agree with to our children. Also talked about some of the shitty laws we have now like a DUI at 18 will pp you for life, and carrying on school property dropping off your children and how they have honest people worried about strict laws coming down on them not the bad guys. I hit them with so much I hope they get it.

Last edited:
I'm sure their 'teacher' will re-educate them properly once they return to the political re-education camp.

Did you actually answer his question? From your post it sounds like you just rattled off a few facts about gun control and then sent him a video that in part addressed the question.

I think it would have made a greater impact (especially since nobody on the other end of the phone probably cares or knows much about firearms) to just say something about how it's an incorrect and invented term, and it confuses the issue of privates sales which may or may not happen at a gun show, flea market, kmart parking lot, or a dining room table, with sales by anyone engaged in the business of selling firearms, who must be licensed, and must report to the ATF, keep records, and perform background checks regardless of the location of the sale.

Except in all the states which allow face-to-face sales without a background check. It's technically NOT a loophole, as this provision was included with the Brady background check law. They wouldn't have gotten ffl checks on retail sales if they HADN'T included the carve-out for private sales. In MA and many states with licensing, there's a de-facto background check b/c both buyer and seller must be licensed, and the efa10 portal allows real-time validity check.

But in states like NH, whether the parties meet outside a gunshow in the parking lot, or whether they meet as a result of a newspaper or on-line "for-sale" ad, any FtF sale is a "loophole" that gets around checks. THAT is what the "gun safety advocates" are trying to prevent, and force ALL sales to go through an FFL.

But in states like NH, whether the parties meet outside a gunshow in the parking lot, or whether they meet as a result of a newspaper or on-line "for-sale" ad, any FtF sale is a "loophole" that gets around checks. THAT is what the "gun safety advocates" are trying to prevent, and force ALL sales to go through an FFL.

The law says it's legal, therefore It's not a "loop hole", it's just a legal sale.

It shows the idiocy of those in the gun control crowd that think criminals will conduct background checks on private sales. The courts have ruled that criminals don't have to register their guns since it violates their 5th amendment rights https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.haynes.html and by doing background checks criminals could incriminate themselves too so the courts would probably rule background checks violate their 5th amendment rights also.

A "loophole" is an unintended gap in the law that allows something that would otherwise be illegal, to be done legally.

There is no "gun show loophole" because every law that applies to every gun sale in the country still applies at a gun show. It doesn't matter if the sellers are licensed dealers or private individuals, they still have to follow exactly the same laws they would have to follow if the sale wasn't at a gun show.

A "loophole" is an unintended gap in the law that allows something that would otherwise be illegal, to be done legally.

There is no "gun show loophole" because every law that applies to every gun sale in the country still applies at a gun show. It doesn't matter if the sellers are licensed dealers or private individuals, they still have to follow exactly the same laws they would have to follow if the sale wasn't at a gun show.

Outside of MA, a private person (No FFL) can rent space at a gun show and do a FTF sale of a long gun with no NICS check. That is what the anti's call the loophole. It's a convenient term of art for MOAR statism. It has so much less impact (for their sheep) if you just say FTF transfer. Same with standard cap mags, 'assault rifle', 'military style', etc.

Outside of MA, a private person (No FFL) can rent space at a gun show and do a FTF sale of a long gun with no NICS check. That is what the anti's call the loophole. It's a convenient term of art for MOAR statism. It has so much less impact (for their sheep) if you just say FTF transfer. Same with standard cap mags, 'assault rifle', 'military style', etc.

They can only sell FTF in-state to a resident of the same state. There's no loophole there; it was fully intentional because the Feds can't regulate intra-state trade. The interstate commerce clause has been perverted enough, so the Feds got told to f*** right the hell off with that idea when the Brady bill was passed. It was the compromise that was made to get NICS in there.

i-am-altering-the-deal-pray-i-dont-alter-it-any-further.jpg

Back
Top Bottom