Today’s finest gun manufacturer is…

1696128013618.jpeg

I spent quality time fondling a VP9sk and P30sk today. The VP9 is one of the most well-built pistols with the best factory striker trigger on the market, far greater than the likes of a P320 X5 Legion. What are the -B variants I see on some of their pistols? Are these just American-style mag releases?

George Floyd knows wasssup. HK uber allezzz. Speaking of P30SK, I should be finally getting my slide back from SAS Tactical milled for RMR in early October after they've held onto it since APRIL lol. Quality of their machine work according to reviews seem solid but the lead time.. lol.

asdf12341234.png

Is anyone concealing a VP9sk or a USPc? These guns are just a tad too large for my CCW liking. And is the P2000sk discontinued?
I carry a full size vp9 with holosun 507 red dot IWB in a tulster kydex holster in the winter. With Jean's, good carry belt and a hoodie/ jacket it prints but honestly the only people who ever notice are other CCers
People are so oblivious I stopped worrying about printing. It is way too big for summertime with a t shirt though. That's when I swap it out for the p365

I know people hate on the paddle style release but having used it myself for awhile I love it.
After switching to the Glock, I kind of like the paddle.

Almost everyone I know put a mag on the ground after the transition. It does have it's problems, maybe shorter fingers have an easier time of it. I don't have big hands, but do have long fingers.

I carry a full size vp9 with holosun 507 red dot IWB in a tulster kydex holster in the winter. With Jean's, good carry belt and a hoodie/ jacket it prints but honestly the only people who ever notice are other CCers
People are so oblivious I stopped worrying about printing. It is way too big for summertime with a t shirt though. That's when I swap it out for the p365
I CCW'd a 96d (in Arizona heat) and a G47/17. I have no idea what you are talking about. The USP I carried was the same size as a G23, almost identical footprint. The 43x I carry now is too damn small to shoot right. I think I print more with the 43 than I did with the 23 as well.

I CCW'd a 96d (in Arizona heat) and a G47/17. I have no idea what you are talking about. The USP I carried was the same size as a G23, almost identical footprint. The 43x I carry now is too damn small to shoot right. I think I print more with the 43 than I did with the 23 as well.
Could be the shorts I wear? Idk maybe if I try a different holster but the tulster kydex I have my vp9 in just doesnt sit as well if I'm not in Jeans or work pants. I guess it's less about the season and more about if I'm wearing light shorts or something sturdier.

Could be the shorts I wear? Idk maybe if I try a different holster but the tulster kydex I have my vp9 in just doesnt sit as well if I'm not in Jeans or work pants. I guess it's less about the season and more about if I'm wearing light shorts or something sturdier.
I hardly ever wear shorts. Years of carrying too much crap, I need real cargo pants. Cargo pants are purses for men.

View attachment 801318

I spent quality time fondling a VP9sk and P30sk today. The VP9 is one of the most well-built pistols with the best factory striker trigger on the market, far greater than the likes of a P320 X5 Legion. What are the -B variants I see on some of their pistols? Are these just American-style mag releases?
No love for the Mark23?

No love for the Mark23?
Mk23 is the best dumb gun ever created. Like i hear people lusting over deagles but I think its a sin to buy one of those pos before putting an mk23 on the list. At least the mk23 won't give you ragrets later when it absolutely refuses to fail. It's a stupid gun but a work of art at the same time. I deeply regret having to sell my maritime finish mk23. 😥

I CCW'd a 96d (in Arizona heat) and a G47/17. I have no idea what you are talking about. The USP I carried was the same size as a G23, almost identical footprint.

Maybe OWB it feels like that but IWB, hell no. and I've carried most of the family. Outside of the G19 (which is identical to a 23 in footprint) a USPc or even a P2000 has significantly
more lard on it. Although the P2K seems much closer to a 19/23 than a USPc is, because of the slide profile. Honestlry if I had trained with the LEM trigger I had, more... I probably would have just kept the P2K. I could never get used to the long-ish reset in the long run. IMHO the P2K LEM would have been stellar if they were all bruce gray specials out of the
box. (At the time I didn't have Bruce take care of mine because he wsa stupidly busy and I didn't want to wait months to get the gun back Not his fault, just a reality of the
business. )

Is anyone concealing a VP9sk or a USPc? These guns are just a tad too large for my CCW liking. And is the P2000sk discontinued?
Yes, been carrying the SK for a number of years now - replaced the glock 19 on a whim and have stuck with it. I like it and shoot it better/more consistently, despite training less with it than the glock. I have also become a fan of the paddle magazine release, its just a quick once you put some time into it.

George Floyd knows wasssup. HK uber allezzz. Speaking of P30SK, I should be finally getting my slide back from SAS Tactical milled for RMR in early October after they've held onto it since APRIL lol. Quality of their machine work according to reviews seem solid but the lead time.. lol.

View attachment 801322
Next time you need a slide milled take it to Santurri Limited in North Attleboro. He's done a couple of my CZs and his work is excellent. Turnaround time was a few days, no shipping issues, very reasonable.

I know people hate on the paddle style release but having used it myself for awhile I love it.
Paddle release is the way to go. I remember when the PPS had one. Everyone complained for no reason, mostly because they weren't used to it and didn't like to practice with their CCW, but it was the best mag release for a CCW.

Then the inferior SHIELD was release, and everyone ran to buy the shield. Walther tried to get rid of the paddle mag release with their M2 and f*cked it up.

Back
Top Bottom