Three-Line Trifecta

Picked up a trifecta of Three-Line Model 1891 Mosin Nagant rifles yesterday. Two from 1917 and and one from 1918. None with import marks.

three_line_rifles_001.JPG

three_line_rifles_002.JPG

three_line_rifles_003.JPG

three_line_rifles_004.JPG

three_line_rifles_005.JPG

three_line_rifles_006.JPG

three_line_rifles_007.JPG

three_line_rifles_008.JPG

three_line_rifles_011.JPG

three_line_rifles_012.JPG

three_line_rifles_013.JPG

three_line_rifles_001.JPG

Top:

1917 Sestroryetsk Arsenal. Finn Army [SA] property stamped, Austrian marked stock with plugged WWI era wire hanger holes.

three_line_rifles_028.JPG

Middle:

1918 Remington Arsenal. US Surcharged production, made after the breech of the Tsar's contract. Likely made its way to the Spanish Civil War of the mid-late 1930's, then back to America in the late 1950's or early 1960's. Received many refitted parts from Tula and Izhevsk, and the classic SCW bent steel wire hangers for the sling slots.

three_line_rifles_027.JPG

Bottom (and best!):

1917 Remington Arsenal. Original matching numbered US Surcharged production. Never left the States. Nice, crisp US Flaming Bomb and Remington stock cartouches. I've been looking for one for years!

three_line_rifles_016.JPG

three_line_rifles_022.JPG

three_line_rifles_020.JPG

All in all, a pretty good day.

seeing how you have three guns and only two trigger fingers....I'll hold onto one for you til you undergo stem cell and grow that third trigger finger [rofl] on a serious note sweet find is right.

Unlimited funds, unlimited space, I'd take number three.

Any opinions on who made the best M91 in terms of quality? Izzy, Tula, Sestro., Westinghouse, etc...

MS

Thanks all! Dunno about the "magic", Niner. Greenbacks and connections help, though!

Yes Ray, the US Remington is a coveted collectible. And now it takes a place in the rack next to the best quality built M91 in my collection (IMO, msjspud), the US New England Westinghouse.

NEW_US_001.JPG

wow, just wow..... Ive never even seen one in person, you got 3 in one day!!

Ill end up with a westinghouse some day, it wont be anything like your ( really how many are there left in the world like yours!!! ) But I will have one!

Back
Top Bottom