Ortgies Trifecta

View attachment 170367I have not been buying much lately but I will not pass up on a 9mm Ortgies as they are very hard to find and I have been looking for a bout 5 years. The condition of the finish is not great but for $175 I am not going to complain.

It is all matching, import marked, HO grips with a screw and the proper 9mm marked magazine. It is also a very early gun The earliest known 9mm is less than 80 from this one.

The best part is that it now completes my Orgties Trifecta. (6.35, 7.62 and 9mm Kurtz)

View attachment 170363View attachment 170364View attachment 170365

Last edited:
I am just rereading the Unblinking Eye article on this gun and read this:

"Like the C96 Mauser “Broomhandle,” the Ortgies has no screws. Only a few guns with special-order button safeties were provided with a screw to secure the grips. Koelliker identified one Ortgies pistol with a grip screw that did not have a button safety."

I guess we can make that two guns.

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Ortgies/ortgies.html

Good work, Niner. It's always nice to fill out an entire model line.

I don't know why I don't have an Ortgies yet. But honestly, I have only run across a handful or so in my travels, and something different always catches my eyet first. Maybe I should strike out specifically in search of one!

Check out a YouTube channel called 'forgotten weapons'. He does a review of the history and functioning of these pistos. Very cool gun channel!

Good work, Niner. It's always nice to fill out an entire model line.

I don't know why I don't have an Ortgies yet. But honestly, I have only run across a handful or so in my travels, and something different always catches my eyet first. Maybe I should strike out specifically in search of one!

I find there Ortgies to be one of the best shooters out of the pre-45 32s. With the only exception being the Savage.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know they made them in 9mm (parabellum?). I still need a 7.65 for my collection.

T

9mm Kurtz, Korto, or 380 ACP.
I have seen only a couple 32s in the last 8 years. This was the first 9mm.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out a YouTube channel called 'forgotten weapons'. He does a review of the history and functioning of these pistos. Very cool gun channel!

That is an excellent video thanks.,....

Back
Top Bottom