• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on Springfield Armory Emissary?

hillman

NES Member
Has anyone had a chance to acquire or handle a Springfield Armory Emissary? I've been thinking of picking up either a TRP Operator or Sig Tac Ops 1911 soon, but then someone pointed out the Emissary to me. Looks good, other than the plastic trigger.

I'd be leery. First off all the trigger guard and slide aren't standard so holsters will have to be custom. Standard holsters are a nice plus to 1911s. But I'm wary of Springfields. I have a stock TRP and it's great. But I handled a Ronin recently that was so poorly fitted that it would stay locked open on its disconnector and the trigger was so bad that I checked twice to see if the safety was on before I got the hammer to drop.

Then I looked at another one and it was quite decent. So just handle one before you buy or be prepared to pay for trigger work.

I'd be leery. First off all the trigger guard and slide aren't standard so holsters will have to be custom. Standard holsters are a nice plus to 1911s. But I'm wary of Springfields. I have a stock TRP and it's great. But I handled a Ronin recently that was so poorly fitted that it would stay locked open on its disconnector and the trigger was so bad that I checked twice to see if the safety was on before I got the hammer to drop.

Then I looked at another one and it was quite decent. So just handle one before you buy or be prepared to pay for trigger work.
I have read that about the Ronins. A few places are making holsters for the Emissary, but not many.

Back
Top Bottom