This week's Sighting In...

I believe the shooting they show is from a match at the S&W Wesson range in Springfield. There is an IPSC match on those ranges on December 4th. In addition to TJ and Phil Strader, they showed some local people I recognized.

It's a TV show on OLN with Jim Scoutten as the host. I would have to say that this guy is one guy that knows just about everything that there is to know about guns.

It's a really good show and talks about all kinds of things. He does two shows, Sighting In and Shooting USA. They are really good shows.

You can look online here at http://www.shootingusa.com

I saw Jim down at the Artillery competitons at the N-SSA Nationals a few years back. He was doing a feature for "American Shooter". Seems like a nice guy and I understand one of his boys is over in the "big sandpile" for a tour as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. S&W ended up sending a pile of shooting glasses over to his unit at Jim's request.
CJC

wow... they're on channel 608 on DTV, and I just found out that I get that!

Have to set TiVo up for it...

And Lynne? Check this out:
North-South Skirmish Nationals
They are as authentic as reinactors, but when the units representing the North and the South meet at Fort Shenandoah, there are titles at stake. They are skirmishers, shooting targets against the clock, with Muskets, Carbines, Mortars and Cannons! They are the collectors and shooters keeping our Civil War history alive.

It's showing the week of Dec 2.

If that's the episode I'm thinking of, it has some good footage of the teams from the New England Region.
CJC
Co. A
34th Bttn. Virginia Cavalry
Jenkins' Brigade
Dept of SW Va/E. TN

It's channel 66 - Outdoor Living Network - for my cable company.

Note that Jim shows a variety of SVI guns on the show, including the one SVI built for him and featured on the IDPA episode. You'll see more on the IPSC episodes. The gold-colored AET barrel is a dead giveaway.

SVI was the FIRST 1911 to make the AFR and has donated the top prize to the GOAL Raffle the last 3 years. 8)

If I recall, the episode is from the IDPA S&W Winter Championship match Feb 2003. He is getting a lot of mileage on the filming. It was fun being filmed and Jim is a great guy BUT I wish he would get some new material.

Regards,

Gary

Back
Top Bottom