This should come as no surprise to anyone.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
39,465
Likes
14,792
Location
Monadnock area, NH
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/4/220540.shtml

President Bush Blamed for Mine Disaster
Less than 24-hours after 12 of the 13 workers trapped by a West Virginia mine explosion were found dead, critics were already politicizing the disaster, with at least one mine safety expert blaming President Bush.

"This mine should have been closed," former director of the National Mine Safety and Health Academy, Jack Spadaro, told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" Wednesday night.

"There were too many serious [safety] violations and the record is very clear," he added.

Asked why the allegedly unsafe mine continued to operate, Spadaro contended:

"I think it's because of the current Bush administration's policies toward mine operators and their reluctance to take the strong enforcement action that's sometimes necessary."
Like a broken record... [roll]
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
10,995
Likes
417
Location
Vermont, a Free State
The liberals just don't get it. The more they blame Bush, the more people that just get disgusted with the Democratic Party and turn away from them. When they blame the POTUS for every little thing, they don't hurt him, they help him, by hurting themselves.
 

KMaurer

Moderator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
8,654
Likes
340
Location
Litchfield, NH
Damn you, Pilgrim. Why did you have to mention his name? Now I'm going to be iritated and nauseus the rest of the day. As Miracle Max said, "thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?".

Ken
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
13,893
Likes
202
Location
Haverhill, MA
C-pher said:
Can we bring back the ole NES Term?

Asshat!
You beat me to it.

Ken luv - take a dramamine...it won't do much for the crap taste in your mouth, but at least it'll ease the upset tummy. :D [wink]
 

MrsWildweasel

Moderator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
15,389
Likes
345
Location
Western MA
I was waiting for that to happen. Figured it would be sooner than later. [evil]
Like to know how they jumped to that conclusion.
 

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
18,373
Likes
2,855
Location
Stoughton
Pilgrim said:
Jim Braude on WTTK was ranting about Bush and this yesterday noon.

He is a first class idiot.
Nah, he's not even that good.

A friend of mine has some very close contacts in the federal agency responsible for mine inspections. She mentioned that this is a non union mine and that miners are often afraid to file complaints about safety issues because they think they'll get fired.

I'm not defending or condemning unions, but it does seem to make sense.

As to the thing about the Bush administration. I'd ask the nitwits this. If the Bush administration is to blame, how come the number of violations found has gone UP during his administration? You'd think that the number would go down if he's telling the mine safety inspectors not to do their job.

Gary
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
13,893
Likes
202
Location
Haverhill, MA
Garys said:
As to the thing about the Bush administration. I'd ask the nitwits this. If the Bush administration is to blame, how come the number of violations found has gone UP during his administration? You'd think that the number would go down if he's telling the mine safety inspectors not to do their job.
Thank you Gary. I heard that on the news tonight (it was NBC Nightly - I couldn't help it, I was at the hospital with mom and that's all they get [roll] ) and I said the same thing.

Great minds...ya know? [wink]
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
4,530
Likes
19
Location
Somerville, MA
I slipped on my icy driveway today. I personally find GW Bush and his administration to blame. They should spend more time plowing and icing driveways. Those bastards!!!
 

dwarven1

Appleseed Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
27,698
Likes
1,988
Location
Starksboro, VT
Can we blame the Bush Administration for Reilly's screwup on the ME's records?

Just wondering. It's probably only a matter of time before some idiot will come up with that theory.
 

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
18,373
Likes
2,855
Location
Stoughton
dwarven1 said:
Can we blame the Bush Administration for Reilly's screwup on the ME's records?

Just wondering. It's probably only a matter of time before some idiot will come up with that theory.
I think it will be more like, "They covered up for George Bush's daughters, so what's the problem with helping out this family?"

Gary
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
13,893
Likes
202
Location
Haverhill, MA
Garys said:
dwarven1 said:
Can we blame the Bush Administration for Reilly's screwup on the ME's records?

Just wondering. It's probably only a matter of time before some idiot will come up with that theory.
I think it will be more like, "They covered up for George Bush's daughters, so what's the problem with helping out this family?"
[shock]

Okay...this is really scarey now...I was thinking the same thing when I read Ross's post. Yikes...
 

dwarven1

Appleseed Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
27,698
Likes
1,988
Location
Starksboro, VT
Lynne said:
Okay...this is really scarey now...I was thinking the same thing when I read Ross's post. Yikes...
To paraphrase someone else: Lynne, if you're thinking like me, we're REALLY in trouble!

And the verse to a filk song is running through my head right about now...

Clone, clone of my own
with the Y chromosome changed to X
And when she is grown
since her mind is my own...

Um... Never mind, Lynne. Don't want to get you mad at me by finishing that line. [twisted]
 

KMaurer

Moderator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
8,654
Likes
340
Location
Litchfield, NH
dwarven1 said:
Can we blame the Bush Administration for Reilly's screwup on the ME's records?

Just wondering. It's probably only a matter of time before some idiot will come up with that theory.
Either that or the whole thing is actually a plot concocted by Karl Rove and Dick Cheney to somehow make money for Halliburton and force elderly people on fixed incomes to survive on cat food.

Ken
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
13,893
Likes
202
Location
Haverhill, MA
dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
Okay...this is really scarey now...I was thinking the same thing when I read Ross's post. Yikes...
To paraphrase someone else: Lynne, if you're thinking like me, we're REALLY in trouble!
Actually - that was directed at Gary. He and I had another "like minded" thought in another thread. [lol] But...if you and I are on the same wave length too, then I'm really a lost soul. [lol] [lol] [wink]
 
Top Bottom