• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This is how nuts things are currently

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Not to be a nag, but if anyone new is really serious about reloading, please learn how to safely reload and work up a load. Don't need to blow your hand off. All the info is out there on the web to safely get started. I recommend Jonny's Reloading Bench and Panhandle Precision on youtube.

I reload .357/.38 , 10mm, 5.56, and 6.5CM and never took a reloading class.

I reload .380ACP (not really anymore though), 9mm, 10mm, .45ACP, .223/5.56, .30-06, .308, 12ga, and 20ga. Curious as to what others here reload too.

I actually have some dies (Lee) for a few calibers I don’t reload that I should probably sell.

And just like that, reloading seems like a great idea
It was a great idea back in the mid 80's when I started reloading and I've been doing it ever since. I've been hoarding brass, primers, powders and projectiles for years, knowing someday we would be right here at this point in time. I still buy cartridges when it's cheaper than reloading but then I always save the brass when I do. If you can find presses and components now, good luck and have fun.

I reload .380ACP (not really anymore though), 9mm, 10mm, .45ACP, .223/5.56, .30-06, .308, 12ga, and 20ga. Curious as to what others here reload too.

I actually have some dies (Lee) for a few calibers I don’t reload that I should probably sell.

I load .380, 9mmMak, 9mm, 30-30, 223/5.56, 38spl, 357Mag, 45acp and 308. I used to reload shotshells but the lead got so friggin' expensive that I found it was way cheaper to just buy it as I needed the shells. I still have several 1000 rounds of #7 and a few hundred rounds of 00 buckshot left over from when I reloaded them. I sold the setup I had a few years ago...probably shouldn't have in retrospect.

I load .380, 9mmMak, 9mm, 30-30, 223/5.56, 38spl, 357Mag, 45acp and 308. I used to reload shotshells but the lead got so friggin' expensive that I found it was way cheaper to just buy it as I needed the shells. I still have several 1000 rounds of #7 and a few hundred rounds of 00 buckshot left over from when I reloaded them. I sold the setup I had a few years ago...probably shouldn't have in retrospect.

I just enjoy reloading shotshells. Moreso than brass, but then again, I shoot shotguns more than pistols and way more than brass.

Nope.

Wounds inflicted from birdshot tend to be gruesome yet shallow as they lack the penetration required to reach vital cardiovascular or central nervous system structures.
The article states "A known distance" but does not specify that distance.
For those who have doubts, set up a 3/4" piece of plywood and shoot it with that load at a typical home defense distance of 10 feet or under.
The results will speak for themselves.

Want to sell your .380 die set? I'm looking for some.

Step One: buy primers.
Step Two: buy powder.

The rest is easy, but without those, no reloady-loady.

Hey its fresh outta winter. If you are at a club in NH you can walk out to your berm (assuming your range plows snow) and pick up bullets from the ground that are usable. If it stopped in the snow, its probably still loadable.

. The economy is in recession, people are out of work, businesses will be lost, savings wiped out. For what? The chinese flu, which will turn out to be just about like any other flu.

I think not. Also, keep in mind this is just a beta test. One of these times the People's Liberation Army is going to get it right and the world is really going to be f@#$ed.

. The economy is in recession, people are out of work, businesses will be lost, savings wiped out. For what? The chinese flu, which will turn out to be just about like any other flu.
Hopefully it’s not bad here. It’s definitely worse in other countries. There’s no standard to go by. Is trump doing the right thing? Only time will tell.

Hopefully it’s not bad here. It’s definitely worse in other countries. There’s no standard to go by. Is trump doing the right thing? Only time will tell.
England is awash in immigrants from every third world hell hole on the planet. Combine that with socialized medicine and it's no wonder the Chinese flu is wreaking havoc.
If Brexit happened ten years ago my guess is their death toll would be a fraction of what it is.

England is awash in immigrants from every third world hell hole on the planet. Combine that with socialized medicine and it's no wonder the Chinese flu is wreaking havoc.
If Brexit happened ten years ago my guess is their death toll would be a fraction of what it is.
Agreed. Trump is doing the best he can under the circumstances.

This thanks to:
1. CNN/MSNBC etc doom-hyping everything
2. Young "adults" running around and still doing the things they've been advised not to

American Rifleman, a week behind everyone else!

COVID-19 Concerns Create Increased Demand for Ammo

Concern over COVID-19 has increased demand for firearms and ammunition

What?!? No way!

a modest increase in wholesale prices will go into effect April 1. “Promotional Centerfire Pistol—5 percent to 8 percent,” according to the note, and “Promotional Centerfire Small Rifle—6 percent to 10 percent.”

Kinda figured that would happen. Real question is if frenzy buying will continue.

“My ammo sales are up 500 percent and gun sales probably 30 percent,” David Stone, owner of Dong’s Guns, Ammo and Reloading, told the reporter. Sporting Systems, a firearm retailer in Vancouver, WA, posted a temporary limit of five boxes, (or 1,500 rounds) of ammo per family, per day, on its Facebook page.

Dong strikes again. Or maybe Dong dinged again?

Jurgen Brauer, chief economist for the organization, noted at the time, “it appears as if firearms owners are casting early votes in the upcoming presidential election this year: Unit sales in both, January and February 2020 have been at their highest levels since 2016.”

We were all figuring that. Seems like everyone's goal is to stockpile before the election.

according to SIG Sauer Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President of Commercial Sales Tom Taylor, but nothing compared to what the market is currently experiencing. “As for ammo, demand was also strong over the past couple of months, but now that has reached extremely high levels,” Taylor told American Rifleman on March 17. “Stores are sold out and now rationing ammo everywhere on defensive rounds. We are not sure how long this demand on both guns and ammo last, but the market has certainly intensified at this time.”

Industry's got no clue as to when this will end. The solution to return to market normalcy is for people to stop buying. That's going to happen either by massively increased pricing, which isn't happening on the industry's end, only the retailers (here's looking at you, CTD), rationing, shutdown of ammo sellers either because of massive demand (SGammo halted incoming orders), voluntary retailer shutdown (gun shops closing their doors to prevent spread of the virus to customers/employees), or government intervention.

I can't wait for the June DatelineNBC show on how we were all duped by Coronavirus. Stone Fill-ups looking all grave while interviewing people that were telling everyone to run for the hills in March. Maybe they'll roll out Babwa Wahwah for a 20/20 special on it.

I love the helpful guidance we're getting. Don't leave your house for two weeks. And please don't be a greedy ass and go to the store and hoard two weeks worth of supplies.
Also, don't go to a restaurant. Basically, don't work, don't eat, don't wipe your ass, and if you get sick don't go to the doctor.

Best advice is hand washing and avoiding crowds and sick people if you are able.

Just like during flu season.

I

Not worried about ammo between factory and handloads I'm gtg. Got small and large pistol and rifle primers on hand and a decent supply of powder and up to my eyeballs with cast bullets for the majority of what I own. Even got some of them that hp bullets for reloading.

Not worried about ammo between factory and handloads I'm gtg. Got small and large pistol and rifle primers on hand and a decent supply of powder and up to my eyeballs with cast bullets for the majority of what I own. Even got some of them that hp bullets for reloading.
Same.

I love the helpful guidance we're getting. Don't leave your house for two weeks. And please don't be a greedy ass and go to the store and hoard two weeks worth of supplies.
Also, don't go to a restaurant. Basically, don't work, don't eat, don't wipe your ass, and if you get sick don't go to the doctor.

Could be worse. You could be not in 2020 and instead back in the black plague holed up in some half ass fortress with dead infected bodies being trebucheted on your head. Instead you're being told to sit home and binge watch some netflix while competent scientists and doctors shield you from the psychological damage of watching at least tens of thousands of people slowly drown/suffocate before your eyes while you scramble to find a cure.

But yeah, please whine about being asked to inconvenience yourself for a short time for once in a 100 year period. You know, becuase your first world mild sadness problems are important for us all to deal with.

I for one would love to have my bosses tell me to stay home and I'll get paid either by them or by the Govt.com. I doubt either will happen in my case I absolutely should have retired in December, but now I am glad I didn't my IRA has taken a huge hit, my 401 is damn near sunk. I'm going to be OK if I live through this but not as comfortable as I thought I would have been. 2009 took a good size chunk 2020 is taking another chunk, But the Gov''t tells me not to worry (LOL) I hope Trump gets us through this in one piece and Biden doesn't grab the White House, I won't think all this struggle to float a retirement income and live past the age to collect it any where near worth it if that ASSHAT ( Biden ) is leading the country!

Last edited:
Nope.

Wounds inflicted from birdshot tend to be gruesome yet shallow as they lack the penetration required to reach vital cardiovascular or central nervous system structures.
yup

Back
Top Bottom