This is an interesting way to go about it . . .

Spotted this on CRAIGSLIST and thought it interesting:
====================================

Need A Hunter? (MA/NH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have DEER problems? If so let me know!! I am a legal 32 year old Male hunter in the state of MA. and NH. I hunt bow, shot gun and muzzle loader. In MA. you are able to hunt bow and arrow all season long. If you prefer Not to have any fire arms on your property, that's no problem. The season opens on Oct.12 and closes on Dec.31 with no hunting on sunday. If you would like to have some of the venison that I harvest off your land that is no problem. I will take deer home to proses and wrap, then I can deliver steaks, ground meat, sausage, ext. I am a meat hunter not a trophy hunter, so I eat everything that I harvest, and I will not pass on a doe to look for a buck (brown is down!). I will have full respect for the land I am on and will not trash and or destroy something that is not mine. I have 4 sons ranging in age of 13, 10, 6, and 4. My oldest son is having some interest in the sport and I would love to take him out with me, but hunting on public land is a little scary at times because of all the cowboys out in the woods. That is why I like to hunt on privet land, its safe!! Remember this will not cost you a penny and you will get the meat if you want it for free also. I just want a place to hunt with my boys that nobody goes on. Thank you, Michael

Last edited:
He did a pretty good job of it. Many people would appreciate a responsible hunter on their property. He could add:"I've taken these courses...", or mention the 150/500 foot rule to cut down on unlikely locations.

I have an in-law in Boxford who would like me to come over, but I explained he'd need permission from everyone on his cul-de-sac, and 2 the next street over for me to do it.

He did a pretty good job of it. Many people would appreciate a responsible hunter on their property. He could add:"I've taken these courses...", or mention the 150/500 foot rule to cut down on unlikely locations.
I have an in-law in Boxford who would like me to come over, but I explained he'd need permission from everyone on his cul-de-sac, and 2 the next street over for me to do it.

Good idea you have to add any courses that he took. Just wondering though, does this distance between a dwelling and or a roadway stand when using a bow? He does hunt with a bow also so if that measurement is only ment for firearms he might be okay with a bow and not have to add that language.​

Good idea you have to add any courses that he took. Just wondering though, does this distance between a dwelling and or a roadway stand when using a bow? He does hunt with a bow also so if that measurement is only ment for firearms he might be okay with a bow and not have to add that language.​

From the Abstracts:

Archery -Poisoned arrows, or explosive tips, or bows drawn by mechanical means, are prohibited except for crossbows as permitted. Mechanical releases permitted. Arrows used on deer, bear or turkey must have well-sharpened steel broadhead blades not less than 7/8" in width. Expanding broadheads are legal. Recurve or long bows for deer, bear or turkey hunting must have at least 40 lbs. pull at 28" or at peak draw weight for compound bows. No arrows may be released within 150 feet of, or across, any state or hard-surfaced highway and hunting is prohibited within 500 feet of any dwelling or building in use, unless authorized by owner or occupant thereof.

Last edited:
From the Abstracts:

Archery -Poisoned arrows, or explosive tips, or bows drawn by mechanical means, are prohibited except for crossbows as permitted. Mechanical releases permitted. Arrows used on deer, bear or turkey must have well-sharpened steel broadhead blades not less than 7/8" in width. Expanding broadheads are legal. Recurve or long bows for deer, bear or turkey hunting must have at least 40 lbs. pull at 28" or at peak draw weight for compound bows. No arrows may be released within 150 feet of, or across, any state or hard-surfaced highway and hunting is prohibited within 500 feet of any dwelling or building in use, unless authorized by owner or occupant thereof.

Hobbit ~ Thanks for digging out the info to enlighten me about bow hunting. I’ve only hunted once and that was in NH (many moons ago, rifle) but thought that MA would have a shorter range to a dwelling for hunting with bow except perhaps for the distance to a roadway would remain the same 150'.​

Back
Top Bottom