Think twice about Springfield and RRA

It could potentially be worst.
There are a lot more internet forums and social media then there was for the S&W debacle .
Word gets out much faster these days.
That and most gun owners I know are far touchier about getting hosed from the front and the back than they used to be considering the last eight years of f*ckery , panics and shortages.
That and there are a lot more choices than there used to be.
No one company holds much dominion these days.

I had the same thought.

Back then it was mostly bulletin boards and Usenet to get the word out.

And in RRA's case, there is a **** load of other (and better), AR vendors/manufacturers out there

Kind of tragic when I think about it as RRA was one of the handful of companies back then.

They managed to survive the AWB years only to be taken down by this idiocy.

Last edited:
For immediate release: May 2, 2017
After further review, Rock River Arms, Inc.® (RRA) is immediately severing all ties with the Illinois
Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA). We feel that IFMA’s integrity is compromised and we will not
be a part of the organization. We trusted that contributions and resources provided to IFMA by RRA were
being used to promote and uphold our 2nd Amendment values. IFMA’s actions have destroyed that trust.
For more than twenty years, RRA has actively opposed gun control legislation at the local, state, and
federal levels. We have supported and provided monetary and product donations to multiple pro-gun
organizations including NRA, NSSF, ISRA and countless others. We have attended rallies and spoken at
educational events on behalf of gun owners’ rights. Our employees have collected signatures, written
letters and e-mails, called legislators’ offices, as well as attended events, meetings and hearings in
Springfield, Illinois.
What we learned, however, was that we are better at manufacturing firearms and accessories than
playing political games at the state capitol. So, we began to utilize the services of lobbyists, first through
other organizations and then in 2009, we partnered with several other manufacturers to form IFMA.
Prior to our further review, we believed that the organization had accurately represented us. We feel that
IFMA’s actions have compromised its integrity. While their actions may be standard practices at the
capitol, backdoor politics and convoluted deal-making are counter to the way we do business and lead
our lives.
I sincerely apologize for my lack of direct engagement in IFMA’s governance and subsequent actions, as
well as the abandonment gun owners are feeling.
If you have any questions regarding, or need more information about, this statement or RRA’s position,
please contact: Sarah Larson, RRA General Manager at 309-792-5780.
Thank you,
Chuck Larson
President/Owner
Rock River Arms, Inc.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt217.pdf

Gotta be honest, I'm more likely to believe RRA than SA based simply on company history.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY CEO DENNIS REESE STATEMENT REGARDING IFMA AND GUN DEALER LICENSING ACT (SB1657)

Posted by Team Springfield
May 2, 2017 5:52:59

The Executive Director of the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association (IFMA) acted without our prior knowledge and against our principles and those of the industry as a whole with respect to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. We no longer have confidence in IFMA and after speaking to other directors we have made the decision to sever all ties with the organization, effective immediately.
I take full responsibility for my failure of oversight in this case and deeply apologize to my employees, customers and industry partners for the distraction and divisiveness this situation has caused within our tight-knit community. Our industry has always stood strong and fought fiercely together in the past and I am personally committed to defeating this harmful legislation. To that end, I have pledged to the NRA that we will bring the full resources of my company to bear in this fight.
We are not new to this battle, Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for decades. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the NRA, National Shooting Sports Foundation, the Illinois State Rifle Association and others to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.
We want to assure all Americans, like us, who fight to protect the Second Amendment that we and our industry partners will leave no stone unturned to defeat this bill.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
Springfield Armory, Inc.
[email protected]
309-944-8994

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657-0

It's looks horrible for both companies, but SA in particular. Go check out Military Arms Channel facebook page, where there is a link to apparent IRS docs proving that Dennis Reese (CEO of SA) sits on the board of IMFA (the lobbying group in the middle of controversy). If true, it basically proves that the statement put out by SA saying they were in the dark about this whole thing is a complete lie. If you're on the board, you know damn well what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY CEO DENNIS REESE STATEMENT REGARDING IFMA AND GUN DEALER LICENSING ACT (SB1657)

Posted by Team Springfield
May 2, 2017 5:52:59

The Executive Director of the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association (IFMA) acted without our prior knowledge and against our principles and those of the industry as a whole with respect to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. We no longer have confidence in IFMA and after speaking to other directors we have made the decision to sever all ties with the organization, effective immediately.
I take full responsibility for my failure of oversight in this case and deeply apologize to my employees, customers and industry partners for the distraction and divisiveness this situation has caused within our tight-knit community. Our industry has always stood strong and fought fiercely together in the past and I am personally committed to defeating this harmful legislation. To that end, I have pledged to the NRA that we will bring the full resources of my company to bear in this fight.
We are not new to this battle, Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for decades. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the NRA, National Shooting Sports Foundation, the Illinois State Rifle Association and others to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.
We want to assure all Americans, like us, who fight to protect the Second Amendment that we and our industry partners will leave no stone unturned to defeat this bill.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
Springfield Armory, Inc.
[email protected]
309-944-8994

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657-0
[bs2]

Back
Top Bottom