• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole neighborhood (94 homes), is recorded in the National register of Historic Places

Front entrance...

View attachment 369038

Some of other the homes in that neighborhood make the lawyers place look like the guest house by comparison...

View attachment 369039

View attachment 369040

View attachment 369041

View attachment 369043

View attachment 369044

Question is, since it's on the Nation Register of Historic Places 'where does the right to public access begin and end'?

At the property line.

I'll go ahead and touch the third rail here: this is what you get when you live in states that don't require training to have guns.

And before some of you get your knickers in a twist, NO, I'm NOT defending the MA licensing scheme. What I am saying is that absent such a scheme, you're going to get unschooled people handling firearms. It's something we should all expect if we're advocating for more access to firearms: many of the people owning them are not going to have any level of training or mindset to use them. I'm not surprised at Barbie and Ken, and because I'm knowledgeable about firearms I'd give them a wide berth and then, later, a friendly phone call with the number of a firearms trainer.

I was a well-trained rifle handler and a decently-trained pistol handler even before I bought my first firearm around 1996. It'd be nice if that was the norm, but it's not. I doubt many US gunowners would read the post I've quoted and have the slightest clue what you're talking about, and that's its own problem. Not a problem I think should be fixed by compulsory state-mandated training, but it's a problem.
I understand what you are saying. But what are you going to say once this insurgency, an end-game component of the 100 year Communist takeover, is done, and they literally regulate your ability to own a gun or ammunition out of existence, for the children don't you know. "Well, I can't own or use a gun, and the Marxists are taking everything I worked hard for, or starving and killing anyone who doesn't comply, but hey, I had proper training when it happened, so I am good."

People still don't see what is going on here, and it is really a shame.

I understand what you are saying. But what are you going to say once this insurgency, an end-game component of the 100 year Communist takeover, is done, and they literally regulate your ability to own a gun or ammunition out of existence, for the children don't you know. "Well, I can't own or use a gun, and the Marxists are taking everything I worked hard for, or starving and killing anyone who doesn't comply, but hey, I had proper training when it happened, so I am good."

People still don't see what is going on here, and it is really a shame.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'd expect that if this country goes full-on Commie, with the Constitution scrapped, I won't be here. One way or another.

My only point is that looking at what these two are doing with their firearms and being shocked at the incompetence of their gunhandling is counterproductive. On the contrary, their incompetence is more normal than our competence nationwide. We NESers need to be reminded, frequently, that most gun owners are not like us. Most don't spend their time thinking about 2A rights and looking at threads full of tactical equipment, like we do, and they certainly don't seek any kind of advanced training.

I think the McCloskeys are more the rule than the exception in a lot of states.

No argument here. But you're going to need a stronger motion base with beefier motion drives and some kind of recoil absorbing rail mount for the, er, bigger paintball gun. Yeah, paintball, that's it.

Or just load with marbles that the gun will fire and not jam and call it a day, no changes needed.

Last edited:
"They were just trespassing..."
It all starts with trespassing.

"...a peaceful mob..."
Is that even a thing? A peaceful mob? And they're all peaceful...until they aren't. How long you gonna wait?

"Comments on weapons selection, trigger discipline or training..."
Not just Tier 1 operators get to defend their homes.

Surprising number of elitist comments here, along with a surprising number of rioter sympathizers.

Last edited:
With the kind of loot these two have, you'd think they could at least take some firearms training courses, and get her a better handgun
Chill; "Ken" had to buy his AR at a specialty shop.
flanders-leftorium.jpg

Not everyone trains or think they even need training. In this case the show of force was good enough. Yet another example of why we need firearms.
Hubby and wife were trolling the protestors with the ol'
"good brandish/bad brandish" routine. You know,
"I won't sweep you much at all, but you'd better get off our lawn
before my wife has an ND".

Unfortunately, after this particular incident they're going to need some sort of professional security people to keep an eye on things because
more than likely the mongrels will be back and in bigger numbers.
They're both lawyers, live in the same gated neighborhood as the mayor,
and "Ken"'s made 4-figure donations to Donk pols.
Either StLPD will be mounting a 24x7 watch For The Duration,
or they can well afford Blackwater.

they say don't put your finger on the trigger unless you are prepared to shoot something. i guess she was prepared to shoot something.
Now we know that at least once in her life
she went 9 minutes and 49 seconds without picking her nose.

I went digging around on Google maps to try and find an overhead view but couldn't find it, ...
Here's a pure vertical aerial photo, annotated with the (dirt) road.

It seems to me that NESers just haven't grokked the geography.
They live at the end of a private boulevard w/ central mall (like Comm Av.)
that terminates at a stone wall. The road has a decorative iron gate
that is normally closed to all traffic, and the gate is flanked by a pair of gated
pedestrian portals.

Because their street has a central mall with a broad U-turn,
the private sidewalk angles from the portal towards the house
before becoming parallel with the street like any normal sidewalk.

The stupid protester smartphone video makes it look like the crowd
broke through the protagonists' personal compound's gate.
But it's not their personal gate; it's not their personal portal -
it's the gated community's private perimeter.
(And they own an indivisible share in the street, sidewalk, gate, portal).

The pics also show "protestors" pointing rifles at them.
The video is so mind-numbingly tedious that I can't watch it for more than 10 seconds
without playing a game of FreeCell while the audio rips.
Is there a screen shot of any protestors with guns?

I wasn't there obviously but in the video it doesn't look like an Antifa mob throwing molotovs, it looks like people marching by.
"Peaceably assembling", as it were. NOT.

Or at least just sit your ass in one of your $2,000 outdoor-comfy-chairs and sip a beverage with the AR at the ready next to you.
I searched for "Best summer cocktail recipes St. Louis Missouri",
and the best hit was this 2015 article in the Riverfront Times yuppie fishwrap:
10 Delicious New Summer Cocktails in St. Louis
St. Louis natives must know something about their First World <Bleep>hole
that is only now becoming apparent to the nation,
because the first three seem relevant:
  1. Le Moribond at Blood and Sand
  2. Death in the Afternoon's Super Good Advice
  3. The Blooming Beatnik at Planter's House

Really? Seriously? You are going to eat your own for protecting themselves. Unreal.
What you mean "our own", Kemo Sabe?
  • MCCLOSKEY, MARK contributed 1000.00 to Russ Carnahan (D) in 2010
    Recipient Party: D, Recipient State: MO, Seat: federal:house
  • MCCLOSKEY, MARK contributed 2400.00 to Robin Carnahan (D) in 2010
    Recipient Party: D, Recipient State: MO, Seat: federal:senate
  • MCCLOSKEY, MARK contributed 500.00 to Robin Carnahan (D) in 2010
  • MCCLOSKEY, MARK contributed 4000.00 to Democratic Party of Illinois in 2004
    Recipient Party: D
  • MCCLOSKEY, MARK contributed 750.00 to CARNAHAN, ROBIN in 20008
    Recipient Party: D, Recipient State: MO, Seat: state office
  • MCCLOSKEY, MARK T contributed 2000.00 to MAAG, GORDON E in 2004
    Recipient Party: D, Recipient State: IL, Seat: state:judicial
The couple coming outside with "#BLM" signs would have been far more effective with regard to de-escalation, identifying themselves as friendlies so the crowd would move along.
Maybe the homeowners could offer to kiss the protesters feet while they're at it.

Trespassing was the only law they seem to be breaking, so there isn't anything else to charge them with. Got to start somewhere
Is there no "disturbing the peace" any more?
Is there no "riot" any more?

Although one thing was reassuring.
I'd wondered if a protest could possibly envelop our doesn't-go-anywhere development
without us knowing they were approaching. But these clowns brought a percussion section.
tumblr_lsogs20yVQ1qf2jixo1_400.jpg

that thing looks like a PPK or something that probably has about a DA pull of 900 pounds. Nobody is "flinching" on one of those.
So we've finally found a pistol that's harder to trigger than it is to rack?

Maybe they thought the house was the Governor's Mansion...?
More likely some in the crowd were thinking that
they knew where their next flat-panel TV was coming from,
once night fell. Convince me I'm wrong.

Seriously looks like a slew of New England Public Libraries...
The Bride swears that there's a sekrit Mass. statute that all public libraries must be fugly.

I live in a "historic district;" it looks kinda like any other street, and is treated like any other street.
Try putting up a ham radio antenna mast and you'll see the violence inherent in the system.

The protesters broke through a gate for the private street for the neighborhood, ...
I think it was (or became) unlocked, although it looks like later
someone vandalized one of the gates
not to gain access but just to wreck it.

What's amusing, is that Ken and Karens 'hovel' is assessed at (correction $1,150,000)... about what a 2-3 bedroom condo in Cambridge would cost.
Zestimate: $1,695,584, which has decreased by $13,213 in the last 30 days.

Quite frankly I think a hysterical woman is a definite liability in a situation like this. The husband is going to be forced to do something stupid - when the wife does something stupid. The rioters will perceive that the wife being unhinged - reveals that they're both weak - and therefore will take advantage.

The husband should have told the wife to STFU and stay in the basement. But then he'd have to live with that decision too.
In this case they're either both in legal trouble or both free as birds.
Nothing she did this time is gonna be the straw the breaks the camel's back.

Here's a thought: does that mansion have external security video?

LOL I can drop 'brandish' from my NES lexicon. Which do you think would be better?
"Print".

that is a paintball sentry gun.
Yeah - so ? That's just an interface ammo problem.
FTFY.

Homeowner "This is private property get out"

Protester who wants to defend the police
"Call the cops then"
Did you notice in the 9m49s video you can hear one of the protestors
on the phone with 911 giving a (potentially biased) report?

That little silver pistol reminds me of the original MIB.
Noisy Cricket, ask for it by name.

They only Burn Loot and Murder some of time. So we should just go ask the crowd if they're feeling violent first right?

Should we also hold off on pointing our muzzles at them until they start assaulting us?
Protestors ran their mouths a whole lot,
including threats to come back later.
But I didn't notice anyone lay one stinking cuticle on that lawn.

Note also how the unruly mob lost traction and purpose.
They were supposed to march on the mayor's house,
and terrorize everyone else on the way.
But they got mired in front of the very first house
in the development for 5-10 minutes.

You could hear their Soros-handlers trying to herd
them onwards, both because they were losing momentum
and because they had a bad feeling someone was going to do something stupid
and the homeowners were gonna bust a cap.

<Tweet: What happened in St Louis.>
Well, that's their story and they're sticking to it.
The homeowner-lawyers might even be smart enough to have lawyered-up.

(That's my theory on how the Clintons have escaped indictment for decades:
they have always been smart enough to spend big coin on lawyers to advise them on how to
skirt/break the law, instead of depending on their own ill-remembered legal training).

"Comments on weapons section, trigger discipline or training..."

Surprising number of elitist comments here, along with a surprising number of rioter sympathizers.
Yahbut:
  1. I have no faith that these two are "Reagan democrats" who would not throw us all under the bus with gun control at a moment's notice. Let 'em state in public that now they've seen the error of their ways before I'm gonna welcome them with open arms.
  2. Why can't this happen in front of Rosenthal's house?

"They were just trespassing..."
It all starts with trespassing.

"...a peaceful mob..."
Is that even a thing? A peaceful mob? And they're all peaceful...until they aren't. How long you gonna wait?

"Comments on weapons section, trigger discipline or training..."

I believe you meant "selection". Who argument is null and void. Reason: Offends my speeling/grammar sensibilities.

[wink]

Wait for it...

Maybe the homeowners could offer to kiss the protesters feet while they're at it.
No need. But holding #BLM posters would have sent the message that any anger among protesters should be directed elsewhere. Now the couple will be targeted and their home probably will be burned or looted.

My only point is that looking at what these two are doing with their firearms and being shocked at the incompetence of their gunhandling is counterproductive. On the contrary, their incompetence is more normal than our competence nationwide. We NESers need to be reminded, frequently, that most gun owners are not like us.
History hath shewn, that most NESers cannot hit the broad side of a car at 50 yards.

Hi, Mr. McCloskey?"
"Yes?"
"I'm a producer here at 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' and Tucker would love to fly you and your lovely wife here to Washington D.C. tonight to be the headliner guests on
this Evenings show..."

1593455313145.png

Would watch...

Last edited:
Reactions: AHM
I don't. I honestly wish they shot most of them.
The strong castle doctrine law in the state meant they could have shot these maggots no problemo once that gate was broke.

Broken gate and a mob yelling violent threats coming at you--It should have been a massacre.

5ef9d72fe75ee.image.jpg

Looks like those 2 got a good hard look at the rich and vibrancy the voted for.

... holding #BLM posters would have sent the message that any anger among protesters should be directed elsewhere. Now the couple will be targeted and their home probably will be burned or looted.
I'ma be transgressive and respond with:
Most of the protestors had no idea that people that rich-seeming
lived that close to them.

After seeing how the other half lives during the Long March to the mayor's house,
it was only going to be a matter of time before that entire gated community
was home-invaded/armed-robbed/torched even if Ken and Karen
had been handing out free kale sandwiches and Brawndo at the end of their driveway.

ETA:
46py3z.jpg

I was trying to figure out if this house was right on the street - or if maybe there were people actually ON the property itself.

I went digging around on Google maps to try and find an overhead view but couldn't find it, then I found this story:

If you look at this pic:

30179950-8467075-image-a-5_1593433317276.jpg

I think it's pretty clear that the "protestors" were ON THE PROPERTY - not "walking by on the street" as the media a-holes are trying to portray the incident.

If you look at the pics - the guy and his wife are on the brick piazza on the front of the house - which looks to be facing what appears to be private road or a driveway.

The pics also show "protestors" pointing rifles at them. Pretty sure the media is - AS USUAL - lying about what really happened here.

I found one clop from the front of the house (facing the main road) and the main clip people see if from the right side...

Anyways, that clip clearly showed the protesters on the lawn and encroaching on the house. Given the violence in the area, the black cop was killed just a ways up, what do people expect.

I really don't see a crime, but I also think they could have presented themselves a litte better. I think both would have been better with the firearms more at a low-ready, but that is more to take away from the arguments on the other side.

History hath shewn, that most NESers cannot hit the broad side of a car at 50 yards.
Hmm, some for sure, but not most. Personally I shot the spokes off of a wheel at one of the car shoots, I hits what I aims at. ;)

Reactions: AHM
I searched for "Best summer cocktail recipes St. Louis Missouri",
and the best hit was this 2015 article in the Riverfront Times yuppie fishwrap:
10 Delicious New Summer Cocktails in St. Louis
St. Louis natives must know something about their First World <Bleep>hole
that is only now becoming apparent to the nation,
because the first three seem relevant:
  1. Le Moribond at Blood and Sand
  2. Death in the Afternoon's Super Good Advice
  3. The Blooming Beatnik at Planter's House

Is there no "disturbing the peace" any more?
Is there no "riot" any more?

Although one thing was reassuring.
I'd wondered if a protest could possibly envelop our doesn't-go-anywhere development
without us knowing they were approaching. But these clowns brought a percussion section.
tumblr_lsogs20yVQ1qf2jixo1_400.jpg

So we've finally found a pistol that's harder to trigger than it is to rack?

More likely some in the crowd were thinking that
they knew where their next flat-panel TV was coming from,
once night fell. Convince me I'm wrong.

The Bride swears that there's a sekrit Mass. statute that all public libraries must be fugly.

Try putting up a ham radio antenna mast and you'll see the violence inherent in the system.

I think it was (or became) unlocked, although it looks like later
someone vandalized one of the gates
not to gain access but just to wreck it.

Zestimate: $1,695,584, which has decreased by $13,213 in the last 30 days.

In this case they're either both in legal trouble or both free as birds.
Nothing she did this time is gonna be the straw the breaks the camel's back.

Here's a thought: does that mansion have external security video?

"Print".

FTFY.

Did you notice in the 9m49s video you can hear one of the protestors
on the phone with 911 giving a (potentially biased) report?

Noisy Cricket, ask for it by name.

Protestors ran their mouths a whole lot,
including threats to come back later.
But I didn't notice anyone lay one stinking cuticle on that lawn.

Note also how the unruly mob lost traction and purpose.
They were supposed to march on the mayor's house,
and terrorize everyone else on the way.
But they got mired in front of the very first house
in the development for 5-10 minutes.

You could hear their Soros-handlers trying to herd
them onwards, both because they were losing momentum
and because they had a bad feeling someone was going to do something stupid
and the homeowners were gonna bust a cap.

Well, that's their story and they're sticking to it.
The homeowner-lawyers might even be smart enough to have lawyered-up.

(That's my theory on how the Clintons have escaped indictment for decades:
they have always been smart enough to spend big coin on lawyers to advise them on how to
skirt/break the law, instead of depending on their own ill-remembered legal training).

Yahbut:
  1. I have no faith that these two are "Reagan democrats" who would not throw us all under the bus with gun control at a moment's notice. Let 'em state in public that now they've seen the error of their ways before I'm gonna welcome them with open arms.
  2. Why can't this happen in front of Rosenthal's house?

This is such a great rebuttal

No need. But holding #BLM posters would have sent the message that any anger among protesters should be directed elsewhere. Now the couple will be targeted and their home probably will be burned or looted.
From "Ken:" "A mob of at least 100 smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside and put us in fear of our lives," he said. "This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob."

Yup. A "BLM" sign would have quieted that mob right down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom