• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a great rebuttal
I'm gonna change my avatar to an omnibus.
As soon as I figure out what the hell an "omnibus" is.

There's no need to reload. Light one up and the rest scurry like cockroaches when the lights turn on.
I noticed recently on YoutUbe videos that
one of the core competencies of street gangsters
is high acceleration. One moment they're lounging and loitering,
but as soon as the lead starts flying,
it's nothing but asses and elbows.

It's an 'Optimized' Bachelor Party Bus...

1593460707307.png
1593460755050.png
Sign above entry door:
"ABSOLUTELY NO KIDS, WIVES, MARRIED WOMEN!"
"BOWSER FROM SHA NA NA IS GTG"...

Lol...
"SHIRTS/PANTS REQUIRED, NO CAPTAIN'S or LEPRECHAUN'S HATS..."
1593460983801.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AHM
With the kind of loot these two have, you'd think they could at least take some firearms training courses, and get her a better handgun

View attachment 368995

For this crowd just showing them you have a firearm for most part will have them moving along. They probably never planned on having to use their firearms but in all despite some mistakes they held their ground and the spoiled children moved on.

History hath shewn, that most NESers cannot hit the broad side of a car at 50 yards.
With sufficient repetition that this is now considered a well-tested theory. Known as "the first volley dirt scatter effect," but nicknamed "Skip" for short.

Reactions: AHM
Can we stop calling it "brandishing" though? Brandishing doesn't even appear in MGL as a term.

In most of these deals in MA they would be charged with Assault with a deadly weapon" whether it sticks or not is a whole other story.

Yes they probably would get charged here. But in MO one reading of the law basically said that there, they were pretty much allowed to shoot those
people the moment they broke the gate down. Different states have different laws WRT protection of life/property.

-Mike

I think in some parts of MA they're so gun adverse they call it 'indecent exposure'. I was at an extended family party once where the butt of my revolver was showing slightly from my pants pocket and someone was worried about the children seeing it and said something to me about it. For a couple seconds I thought my fly was open and my love gun was peeking out!

I'm gonna change my avatar to an omnibus.
It's a... bus.

When I was a little critter, from time to time we'd be assigned a school bus that had a sign inside above the windshield reading: "THIS OMNIBUS SHALL NOT BE OPERATED WHILE A PASSENGER IS STANDING FORWARD OF THE WHITE LINE" (said line being on the floor between the passenger and driver area).

I'll go ahead and touch the third rail here: this is what you get when you live in states that don't require training to have guns.

And before some of you get your knickers in a twist, NO, I'm NOT defending the MA licensing scheme. What I am saying is that absent such a scheme, you're going to get unschooled people handling firearms. It's something we should all expect if we're advocating for more access to firearms: many of the people owning them are not going to have any level of training or mindset to use them. I'm not surprised at Barbie and Ken, and because I'm knowledgeable about firearms I'd give them a wide berth and then, later, a friendly phone call with the number of a firearms trainer.

I was a well-trained rifle handler and a decently-trained pistol handler even before I bought my first firearm around 1996. It'd be nice if that was the norm, but it's not. I doubt many US gunowners would read the post I've quoted and have the slightest clue what you're talking about, and that's its own problem. Not a problem I think should be fixed by compulsory state-mandated training, but it's a problem.

This is why I'm a proponent of reinstituting the militia - and making it compulsory - like the Swiss do.

Your "firearms training" problem is now solved. You can thank me later.

:p

Last edited:
Well a local circuit attorney is just not happy peaceful protestors were violently assaulted...

“I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protestors were met by guns and a violent assault. We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated.”

So if the protestors had vandalized / defaced / even burned the homes, would that have been okay or nah?

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe that boundary has been pushed in a couple formats (including mounting under quadcopters). I'm too lazy to look it up, but as I recall, the ATF said 1: cut it out, 2: electronic triggers are machine guns, 3: don't make us say "cut it out" again.

LOL.

People worried about communist mobs who loot, burn and murder and just generally don't give two shits about the "law" - worried about breaking the law.

Who do you think is going to win this fight?

No argument here. But you're going to need a stronger motion base with beefier motion drives and some kind of recoil absorbing rail mount for the, er, bigger paintball gun. Yeah, paintball, that's it.
Unless it's full auto or huge caliber, there's no reason why that thing wouldn't take an AR or something easily.... just make the base weighted....

we literally have people in here defending BLM/Antifa

Pretty sure we might have a couple of members of the second.
No matter how many times it's shown that they weren't on the street just marching by and the pictures of the busted gate , they will keep insisting they were pointing guns at "Peaceful protesters" just marching along .
I suppose they might have smashed the gate down to admire the stunning architecture . [rolleyes]

Or the more likely scenario is that they were going to trash the place and got stopped.

Well a local circuit attorney is just not happy peaceful protestors were violently assaulted...

“I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protestors were met by guns and a violent assault. We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated.”

So if the protestors had vandalized / defaced / even burned the homes, would that have been okay or nah?

I don't see how the homeowners "forced" anyone to do anything. I know politicians are going to be political, but come on. There's no law I can think of that was broken by the homeowners, and more than one I can think of that were broken by the protesters.

Were they there to loot the McCloskey palace? I doubt it; they appeared to have been passing through, but they were passing through HIS PROPERTY, appropriately signed and gated. So he had a right to demand they remove themselves, and if I were him I'd have been armed as well. I'd think any reasonable homeowner would have been, based on current events.

Her statement has everything to do with perception and nothing to do with the law. She's pandering, and blatantly.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'd expect that if this country goes full-on Commie, with the Constitution scrapped, I won't be here. One way or another.

My only point is that looking at what these two are doing with their firearms and being shocked at the incompetence of their gunhandling is counterproductive. On the contrary, their incompetence is more normal than our competence nationwide. We NESers need to be reminded, frequently, that most gun owners are not like us. Most don't spend their time thinking about 2A rights and looking at threads full of tactical equipment, like we do, and they certainly don't seek any kind of advanced training.

I think the McCloskeys are more the rule than the exception in a lot of states.
OK, where are you going to run to? There isn't anywhere else, this is the last stand. Being critical of anyone who had the guts to stand there and prevent bad things from happening and critiquing his apparent lack of gun handling skills is like watching a civilian run into a burning house to save a child and saying to yourself, what an idiot, he doesn't have the proper training to run into a burning house to save a kid. Maybe not, but he had the guts and the will to do the right thing, he and his wife stood while police chiefs laid themselves prostrate to the Marxist BLM and ANTIFA Thugs over fear of being called a a name "racist", something almost none of us are. We are at the boss level in the game, and too few of us are even aware of it. Don't take this the wrong way, but the stakes are high and we need everyone to be aware of what is going on. This won't blow over until we all stand like these people did, it doesn't have to be with a rifle on our front lawn, although if that has to happen, everyone needs to be mentally prepared to do that or risk losing everything.

Blah, blah blah.....
All I got to say is :
Tough enough to get the job done.
Well done, some real courage there in the face of overwhelming odds, and Thank the Good Lord they didn't have to shoot anyone in defense of their life and property.
Ask yourself this....honestly......how many of you would hike up your skirt and go on out that door, and how many would be furiously dialing the police?
2 Thumbs up. 👍 👍

2gun.JPG

OK, where are you going to run to? There isn't anywhere else, this is the last stand. Being critical of anyone who had the guts to stand there and prevent bad things from happening and critiquing his apparent lack of gun handling skills is like watching a civilian run into a burning house to save a child and saying to yourself, what an idiot, he doesn't have the proper training to run into a burning house to save a kid. Maybe not, but he had the guts and the will to do the right thing, he and his wife stood while police chiefs laid themselves prostrate to the Marxist BLM and ANTIFA Thugs over fear of being called a a name "racist", something almost none of us are. We are at the boss level in the game, and too few of us are even aware of it. Don't take this the wrong way, but the stakes are high and we need everyone to be aware of what is going on. This won't blow over until we all stand like these people did, it doesn't have to be with a rifle on our front lawn, although if that has to happen, everyone needs to be mentally prepared to do that or risk losing everything.

Relax. I agree with you. They were fully justified to do what they did, and I'm glad they did it.

But they do need work on their gunhandling. Like a LOT of the others in the flyover states that NES is depending on to save us all. If anything, this is a warning to us on this board (who, by definition, are all very serious gun enthusasts): when the zombies come, a whole lot of our fellow gun owners are going to be a risk to themselves and us as well as the zombies. It would be prudent to plan for that.

I've been a gun owner and shooter in four different states, all very widely separated by geography, coast to coast and places in between. Some folks on this board have no idea what gun ownership is like in other states. Plenty of people in flyover country take gun ownership for granted, and are not serious about it. That's good to know, I think.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'd expect that if this country goes full-on Commie, with the Constitution scrapped, I won't be here. One way or another.

My only point is that looking at what these two are doing with their firearms and being shocked at the incompetence of their gunhandling is counterproductive. On the contrary, their incompetence is more normal than our competence nationwide. We NESers need to be reminded, frequently, that most gun owners are not like us. Most don't spend their time thinking about 2A rights and looking at threads full of tactical equipment, like we do, and they certainly don't seek any kind of advanced training.

I think the McCloskeys are more the rule than the exception in a lot of states.

Not getting it.

If this country goes full on commie - it's going to be because you weren't there to stop it.

I guess instead of actually doing something - you'll be bitching at people about their shitty trigger discipline?

Relax. I agree with you. They were fully justified to do what they did, and I'm glad they did it.

But they do need work on their gunhandling. Like a LOT of the others in the flyover states that NES is depending on to save us all. If anything, this is a warning to us on this board (who, by definition, are all very serious gun enthusasts): when the zombies come, a whole lot of our fellow gun owners are going to be a risk to themselves and us as well as the zombies. It would be prudent to plan for that.

I've been a gun owner and shooter in four different states, all very widely separated by geography, coast to coast and places in between. Some folks on this board have no idea what gun ownership is like in other states. Plenty of people in flyover country take gun ownership for granted, and are not serious about it. That's good to know, I think.
Needless to say that if you have training, you will be safer and more effective if you have to use the weapon, can't disagree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom