Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop calling it "brandishing" though? Brandishing doesn't even appear in MGL as a term.

In most of these deals in MA they would be charged with Assault with a deadly weapon" whether it sticks or not is a whole other story.

Yes they probably would get charged here. But in MO one reading of the law basically said that there, they were pretty much allowed to shoot those
people the moment they broke the gate down. Different states have different laws WRT protection of life/property.

-Mike

Well yeah- Mass is like a John Lennon song. How dare anyone commit assault with a deadly weapon rather than share their good fortune with others and curl up into a ball so that uninvited visitors can nonverbally express their feelings.

LOL I can drop 'brandish' from my NES lexicon. Which do you think would be better?

Alternatives from the Oxford Thesaurus:
  • flourish?
  • shake?
  • swing?
  • twirl?
  • wag?
  • swish?
  • flap?
  • flaunt?
[devil]

MA applies other laws (assault), plus there is along history of suitability being applied just for letting the other party know you are armed. The charge would be assault, not brandishing. When discussing the law, it is best to deal in precision.

But, there no "brandishing" statute and the term does not appear in MGL. In some states mere display of a gun (brandishing) is a separately listed crime.

Gotcha, thanks.

My take on that is the wife is in a state of near panic. She's got a mob of would-be-rioters outside her house - and she knows damn well what could happen from that. Some of the pics show people in the crowd pointing guns at the couple who own the house. There's also a pic showing the wife point the pistol at people - while the husband is still back on the piazza. Which is a problem - because she's going a little rogue.

Quite frankly I think a hysterical woman is a definite liability in a situation like this. The husband is going to be forced to do something stupid - when the wife does something stupid. The rioters will perceive that the wife being unhinged - reveals that they're both weak - and therefore will take advantage.

The husband should have told the wife to STFU and stay in the basement. But then he'd have to live with that decision too.

Go look at ALL of the pics - including the one overhead shot I posted - it's pretty clear that there were people ON THE PROPERTY - and in fact if you look at the overhead pic it's clear they were also

All I could think of seeing her actions in the video reminded me of Flounder nervously fidgeting around with a gun...

Yeah - so ? That's just an interface problem.

No argument here. But you're going to need a stronger motion base with beefier motion drives and some kind of recoil absorbing rail mount for the, er, bigger paintball gun. Yeah, paintball, that's it.

FWIW this is a perfect "Red Pill" example....and its being repeated all around the country every day

No argument here. But you're going to need a stronger motion base with beefier motion drives and some kind of recoil absorbing rail mount for the, er, bigger paintball gun. Yeah, paintball, that's it.
I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe that boundary has been pushed in a couple formats (including mounting under quadcopters). I'm too lazy to look it up, but as I recall, the ATF said 1: cut it out, 2: electronic triggers are machine guns, 3: don't make us say "cut it out" again.

That little silver pistol reminds me of the original MIB. When you're defending against a mob you NEED a Hi-Power or a 1911.

noisy_cricket.jpg

Last edited:
I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe that boundary has been pushed in a couple formats (including mounting under quadcopters). I'm too lazy to look it up, but as I recall, the ATF said 1: cut it out, 2: electronic triggers are machine guns, 3: don't make us say "cut it out" again.

Yes, of course. First rule of sentry gun club is......

Seriously - what does the friggin sign say?

Furthermore - If it was PUBLIC way - then I'm pretty sure you're violating all sorts of "public access" statutes by putting a gate across it.

Jesus. Relax. I wasn't even talking to you. I was speaking generally about NHD properties. Clearly this one is signed and gated; I obviously understand that. You do realize not every post is in reply to one of yours, yes?

It's interesting watching this video taken by one of the marchers, as they proceed through the broken gate (marked Private Street / Access Limited to Residents) and down the street (marked private street / no trespassing). At the time of the incident, they had left the public street and were on private property in Maryland, which appears to have a "Castle Doctrine" that doesn't require the homeowners to retreat from trespassers on the homeowners' property. Chanting "We're gonna kill the cops!" while trespassing probably doesn't help, either.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1277440355391156227

Last edited:
Her finger is on the trigger, one little flinch and whole different outcome....

Lol sorry but no that has a double action trigger. Notice how forward her finger is? Got a long heavy pull before it goes bang and she is in single action mode. But it probably won’t get that far because that limp twisted tea time grip shit is asking for a jam...

The whole neighborhood (94 homes), is recorded in the National register of Historic Places

Front entrance...

View attachment 369038

Some of other the homes in that neighborhood make the lawyers place look like the guest house by comparison...

View attachment 369039

View attachment 369040

View attachment 369041

View attachment 369043

View attachment 369044

Question is, since it's on the Nation Register of Historic Places 'where does the right to public access begin and end'?

Just because it is on the National Register of Historic Places doesn't mean that the public has any right to access it. I know plenty of people who live in such houses and they are private. Period.

Suity McWhiteface? Didn't catch the face but seems to have a wig full of white hair.

1593449999967.png

Rings on outside of gloves? Carrying a radio.

1593450033147.png

Well, kinda, except they don't seem to care if you make the gun fuddy enough....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qP6Q9ZEsEo

All criticisms aside, the memetic value they’ve provided is off the charts!

View attachment 369087

Reminds me of... "So anyways, I started blasting... "

View: https://youtu.be/AHzw4QvE2Do?t=36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom