• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things could've gone very sideways today, my 4 mile trip to Lowes to get bar oil and mix, and the potential for something to go seriously wrong.

mission of burma: that's when i reach for my revolver
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQqshZbtEQ

Love 'Mission of Burma' saw them live many times. Since I was a kittied up for tree work, I thought about reaching for my revolver, but I didn't take it because there was no room. Tactically it would have done me no good. In a former lifetime, I lived in a very dangerous hood in Boston, and I learn lessons there, not to show fear.

Since you repeated yourself three times in this short thread, I say you having a psychotic break. Take your medication. And eff off Hoss....lol
I phone update.. lol

Funny, none the less

Edit that’s great… I thought you meant the three posts I deleted.

i’ve noticed that, randomly, people who look like english is not the first language do weird shit like stop in the middle of the road turn around etc. The # of airhead drivers in this state is off the charts post covid.
I think you meant "post open borders"... which coincidentally happened about the same time as "covid" ;)

Getting ahead of the parody thread temptation...

New Thread: "Sister Made a Driving Mistake and Some Ol' Vet Went All Clint Eastwood Gran Torino On Us..."

tumblr_ohpi3sZEd31rfd7lko1_500.gif

I've made trips to Lowe's, hundreds of times but today was a surprise. Lowes is located close to 495 and it has a sweeping entrance and exit with the road from the Holiday Inn coming in from the right side. White Honda accord with temporary plates, suddenly cut me off and stopped, since they were curbs near the side of me I couldn't negotiate them. The driver was a woman in her 30's and they were four big males in the car, oddly on an 80 degree day wearing dark hoodies and face diapers. I thought to myself, this could go south quick, it was four on one, I kept my cool looked at them, they eyeballed me slowly crossed my line of sight and out to out to 85/495. One can in for their intentions might've been nefarious, but that's pure speculation on my part.
They saw the green member sticker and decided to leave you alone.

It not only gets you machineguns, the sticker let's gang members know not to f*ck with you.

Similar situation happened to me a few years ago. But it would have been 1 on 1 and the guy was a huge raging a**h*** in a Ford f250. We had a near miss at the entrance to a market basket. I stopped in front of the store to let an old couple leave the store with their cart into the parking lot. The guy in the Ford stopped behind me. The couple waved me on and a started to go but didn't realize the guy in the Ford started to pass me on the left......because he was impatient......anyway we almost sideswiled as he passed. He jammed on his brakes got out ans started screaming at me......standing right in front of my truck. I sat there and waited to see what he'd do......he was yelling at me to get out of my truck and "handle it like a man" 🙄

He eventually got back in his truck and drove off. I went and parked
......in a normal spot with a car in front and on each side of me. Big mistake on my part.....he cir led around and stopped perpendicular behind me blocking me in......got out and ran up to my window and started the same bullshit routine. I pulled my shirt up to make sure I could get to my pistol easily......he started pounding on my window but rather than go for my roscoe I got my cell phone put and started video......he ran back to his truck and peeled away. At that point I waited till I saw him leave the parking lot completely then left in the opposite direction.

What an a**h***!

What I learned was in a case like that in the future either leave the area completely or park so I can't be blocked in.
Considering your screen name, I'm kinda disappointed at your response 😉

Considering your screen name, I'm kinda disappointed at your response 😉
My immediate backup plan if he busted my window in was to go for my gun. That's why I made sure my shirt was clear of it the second I saw him block me in. The cell phone videoing seemed to smarten him up fast.

i’ve noticed that, randomly, people who look like english is not the first language do weird shit like stop in the middle of the road turn around etc. The # of airhead drivers in this state is off the charts post covid.
Well... putting the worst drivers in the country on ice for 2 years wasn't going to help

OK I'll do mine. A few days ago I pulled into a gas station with 3 rows of pumps. I realized the right-hand row in our dirction was out of order. I proceed towards the middle row. The ass-hat about 2 car lengths in front of me diagonally right realized this too and just swings a U-ey right in front of me without looking . The only reason I didn't T-bone him was I saw it coming. 3 weeks back turning from Spit Brook Rd onto DWH south in Nashua, we were coming on the turn green so we're all still going 25-30 or so into the intersection. "The kind of person you would expect to see" driving a tinted windows honda civic with loud exhaust pulls an illegal U-ey on red and I barely had time to stop full-breaks and marks on pavement. The two cars behind me didn't - and one right into the other and almost into me. The civic stayed, I did not (for my safety). He had no escape once I started going. Some wench in the northbound DWH lanes stuck her phone out the window to record me as i drove off thinking I was involved. I wasn't, and had no legal obligation to stay, so i didn't.

It really sucks today, you go out for just a simple errand, and nest thing you know your doing a mag dump on someones sorry ass.
That's why I always carry a spare change of underwear.

Not weird at all. They know this is the Land o' Lawyers & Settlements. I scuffed the paint off of a bumper of a German or Russian immigrant. She gets out, leans over at the waist and turns her head down to look at her back bumper. Can I pay for the damage? (didn't want an insurance claim). "No, vee must call police." Cop shows up. "Any injuries?". "No." A week later, my insurance guy wants a photo of my front bumper. I asked why, since there was no damage. "They're both claiming neck and back injuries." :rolleyes:

Not weird at all. They know this is the Land o' Lawyers & Settlements. I scuffed the paint off of a bumper of a German or Russian immigrant. She gets out, leans over at the waist and turns her head down to look at her back bumper. Can I pay for the damage? (didn't want an insurance claim). "No, vee must call police." Cop shows up. "Any injuries?". "No." A week later, my insurance guy wants a photo of my front bumper. I asked why, since there was no damage. "They're both claiming neck and back injuries." :rolleyes:
Yeah I cant see the insurance industry being around much longer. Basically anyone who's grandparents werent born here sees it as an ATM.

I was in a jury involving one of these. Guy with a Yello TT truck with over 30yrs of experience w/no accidents vs a car full of russian shitheads and ambulance chaser attorney. It took us 4 days but the jury politely told them to get f***ed. They were basically driving in a place where no reasonable person would consider a driving lane and managed to wedge their car under the back end of the tractor trailer truck no serious injuries either....

My impression is that many of those people come from countries without traffic laws and their vehicles are powered by donkey. I'm somewhat surprised that they don't have a crate with chickens strapped to the roof.

For the "Never call the Po Po" contingent, just keep in mind that he who dials 9-1-1 first is the presumptive victim. So, it's in your best interest to call instead of record what's going on.

A woman I know hit a car, they pulled over to exchange insurance. Only one guy in the car. While waiting for police a woman with a baby show up in a cab and get in the car. Woman told cop who put it in report and then the insurance company talked to her about 3 soft tissue injuries on 3 people. When she told them about the police report the insurer just said “oh well, nothing we can do, they said the police report is wrong.”
Insurance companies have investigators, some exclusively for fraud. I would imagine a dispute would be opened.

I believe Lawrence or Lowell is the capital of that scam in the entire country. Usually they have a second car that cuts off the first, the first one stops to avoid hitting it and you hit the first one. The second car takes off and you just hit a car packed with people.

A woman I know hit a car, they pulled over to exchange insurance. Only one guy in the car. While waiting for police a woman with a baby show up in a cab and get in the car. Woman told cop who put it in report and then the insurance company talked to her about 3 soft tissue injuries on 3 people. When she told them about the police report the insurer just said “oh well, nothing we can do, they said the police report is wrong.”
My insurance assessor told me the same thing they’re called “jump ins”. I’m sure it happens everywhere, but typically Holyoke and Springfield. I was involved in an accident, which was probably not so much of an accident with one person in the other vehicle and then I had six people suing me even though the car only held five people… I bitched and screamed and they still gave everyone of them $5000 to go away.

I must be in the wrong line of work

Back
Top Bottom