• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things could've gone very sideways today, my 4 mile trip to Lowes to get bar oil and mix, and the potential for something to go seriously wrong.

I've made trips to Lowe's, hundreds of times but today was a surprise. Lowes is located close to 495 and it has a sweeping entrance and exit with the road from the Holiday Inn coming in from the right side. White Honda accord with temporary plates, suddenly cut me off and stopped, since they were curbs near the side of me I couldn't negotiate them. The driver was a woman in her 30's and they were four big males in the car, oddly on an 80 degree day wearing dark hoodies and face diapers. I thought to myself, this could go south quick, it was four on one, I kept my cool looked at them, they eyeballed me slowly crossed my line of sight and out to out to 85/495. One can in for their intentions might've been nefarious, but that's pure speculation on my part.

I've made trips to Lowe's, hundreds of times but today was a surprise. Lowes is located close to 495 and it has a sweeping entrance and exit with the road from the Holiday Inn coming in from the right side. White Honda accord with temporary plates, suddenly cut me off and stopped, since they were curbs near the side of me I couldn't negotiate them. The driver was a woman in her 30's and they were four big males in the car, oddly on an 80 degree day wearing dark hoodies and face diapers. I thought to myself, this could go south quick, it was four on one, I kept my cool looked at them, they eyeballed me slowly crossed my line of sight and out to out to 85/495. One can in for their intentions might've been nefarious, but that's pure speculation on my part.
more celebrating diversity ?

Similar situation happened to me a few years ago. But it would have been 1 on 1 and the guy was a huge raging a**h*** in a Ford f250. We had a near miss at the entrance to a market basket. I stopped in front of the store to let an old couple leave the store with their cart into the parking lot. The guy in the Ford stopped behind me. The couple waved me on and a started to go but didn't realize the guy in the Ford started to pass me on the left......because he was impatient......anyway we almost sideswiled as he passed. He jammed on his brakes got out ans started screaming at me......standing right in front of my truck. I sat there and waited to see what he'd do......he was yelling at me to get out of my truck and "handle it like a man" 🙄

He eventually got back in his truck and drove off. I went and parked
......in a normal spot with a car in front and on each side of me. Big mistake on my part.....he cir led around and stopped perpendicular behind me blocking me in......got out and ran up to my window and started the same bullshit routine. I pulled my shirt up to make sure I could get to my pistol easily......he started pounding on my window but rather than go for my roscoe I got my cell phone put and started video......he ran back to his truck and peeled away. At that point I waited till I saw him leave the parking lot completely then left in the opposite direction.

What an a**h***!

What I learned was in a case like that in the future either leave the area completely or park so I can't be blocked in.

i’ve noticed that, randomly, people who look like english is not the first language do weird shit like stop in the middle of the road turn around etc. The # of airhead drivers in this state is off the charts post covid.

Pretty sure I know the Lowe's you're talking about. Unfortunately it's in a town that happens to have a rather large scumbag population. Try returning your comcast equipment to the service office there. That was one day I was very happy about having a gun on me.

White Honda accord with temporary plates, suddenly cut me off and stopped, since they were curbs near the side of me I couldn't negotiate them. The driver was a woman in her 30's and they were four big males in the car, oddly on an 80 degree day wearing dark hoodies and face diapers.
Always beware of (generally older, lowered, darkened windows) Japanese shitbox cars being driven by culturally diverse individuals, often slumped down low in their driver's seat. Had one of those following me exactly 3 inches off my rear bumper yesterday in Connecticut. I cautiously and slowly without sharp movement pulled over and let him (or her?) pass without incident. He/she/them sped away this time at crazy speed. In the past, I haven't always been that lucky. o_O

The thing is that I don't have a non-resident license-to-carry for Connecticut. Yesterday's little bit of insanity had me looking up the requirements and getting ready to spend what? About $200 or so? ... just to take the necessary classes, jump through the legal hoops and get the damn CT non-resident license. I hate the idea that I've got to do that when I am already licensed for nearly 50 years here in MA, but this shit is only going to get worse... not better. :(

Always beware of (generally older, lowered, darkened windows) Japanese shitbox cars being driven by culturally diverse individuals, often slumped down low in their driver's seat. Had one of those following me exactly 3 inches off my rear bumper yesterday in Connecticut. I cautiously and slowly without sharp movement pulled over and let him (or her?) pass without incident. He/she/them sped away this time at crazy speed. In the past, I haven't always been that lucky. o_O

The thing is that I don't have a non-resident license-to-carry for Connecticut. Yesterday's little bit of insanity had me looking up the requirements and getting ready to spend what? About $200 or so? ... just to take the necessary classes, jump through the legal hoops and get the damn CT non-resident license. I hate the idea that I've got to do that when I am already licensed for nearly 50 years here in MA, but this shit is only going to get worse... not better. :(
I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that things are going to get incredibly bad. Safety awareness aside, I highly suggest reviewing your car insurance and upping your coverage for getting hit by an uninsured driver, because there will be about 12 million more of them in the US this year, and wait until they find out about the soft tissue injury chiropractor scam we have. The old stop short and get rear ended by the nice car with insurance grift will be off the charts.

Sounds like a set up for insurance fraud scam. Cut someone off and jam on the brakes in order to force a rear-end collision and fake injury to collect from your insurance provider. Driver plus passengers = payday…

I installed video cameras front and back to help mitigate against that sort of thing, as well as other i’ll-conceived behaviors on the road.

Sounds like a set up for insurance fraud scam. Cut someone off and jam on the brakes in order to force a rear-end collision and fake injury to collect from your insurance provider. Driver plus passengers = payday…

I installed video cameras front and back to help mitigate against that sort of thing, as well as other i’ll-conceived behaviors on the road.
I believe Lawrence or Lowell is the capital of that scam in the entire country. Usually they have a second car that cuts off the first, the first one stops to avoid hitting it and you hit the first one. The second car takes off and you just hit a car packed with people.

A woman I know hit a car, they pulled over to exchange insurance. Only one guy in the car. While waiting for police a woman with a baby show up in a cab and get in the car. Woman told cop who put it in report and then the insurance company talked to her about 3 soft tissue injuries on 3 people. When she told them about the police report the insurer just said “oh well, nothing we can do, they said the police report is wrong.”

i’ve noticed that, randomly, people who look like english is not the first language do weird shit like stop in the middle of the road turn around etc. The # of airhead drivers in this state is off the charts post covid.
Always figured it because some countries have different driving regs and unspoken "rules of the road".

You get a habit and it's hard to break, it's the first place your brain goes when you encounter a situation.

Look at traffic in india- no way any of that shit would fly here.

Insurance scam...lol 4 huge dudes jammed a Honda wearing face diapers and hoodies in 80 degree heat
1686581329230.png

mission of burma: that's when i reach for my revolver
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQqshZbtEQ

Back
Top Bottom