The wife and I were at Dicks Sporting goods yesterday.

I had to pick up a few things (non gun items) and while we were about to head to the register I asked the wife if you want to go look at the guns. So we head over, there wasn't much to look at, I pointed out a scope I liked, we looked at youth compound bows and headed back out. On the way out you go through the airsoft/paintball area and then the safes. So I look over at a safe that's on sale its a 24 gun safe for 599. Nothing fancy we just need a bigger safe. The wife looks at the 34 gun safe next to it and says "I like this one but we'd have to get more guns because it would look dumb half full" I was silent for about 20 seconds and said " you know what? your absolutely right." We didn't buy the safe but I was happy to discover her head was pointed in the right direction

Sounds like someone made a good choice in a life partner... Dick's though-- the few times i've been over to the gun counter, I couldn't get someone to piss on me if I were on fire and handing out High Life.

My wife has been mostly supportive and really enjoys shooting. But a couple of weeks ago she asked the dreaded question, "Don't you think we have enough guns at this point?" and she started listing them off. Damn. But on the upside, when she told me later that the AR hurts her wrist when she shoots it, I mentioned that we should get a .22 rifle and that she would like shooting that. She was interested. So as Bill Murray would say, I've got that going for me. [wink]

I had to pick up a few things (non gun items) and while we were about to head to the register I asked the wife if you want to go look at the guns. So we head over, there wasn't much to look at, I pointed out a scope I liked, we looked at youth compound bows and headed back out. On the way out you go through the airsoft/paintball area and then the safes. So I look over at a safe that's on sale its a 24 gun safe for 599. Nothing fancy we just need a bigger safe. The wife looks at the 34 gun safe next to it and says "I like this one but we'd have to get more guns because it would look dumb half full" I was silent for about 20 seconds and said " you know what? your absolutely right." We didn't buy the safe but I was happy to discover her head was pointed in the right direction

I will live thru you..... [bow] [smile]

Sounds like someone made a good choice in a life partner... Dick's though-- the few times i've been over to the gun counter, I couldn't get someone to piss on me if I were on fire and handing out High Life.

I was at the taunton one on monday (family came up and wanted to shoot so I need more ammo). There where 3 of us standing there for a good 10 mins waiting for someone to come over. I really wish the local Walmart would get its FFL back.

Some guys have all the luck!

The BJs in Stoneham has a nice safe for about $600, not sure of the capacity. I have had bad luck with Dick's. I bought an aluminum rifle case that turned out to be fiberboard covered with aluminum foil. Dick's customer service response was a polite "Tough ****.

The wife looks at the 34 gun safe next to it and says "I like this one but we'd have to get more guns because it would look dumb half full"

That's how I felt when my wife said to me this evening "now that we have all the guns on our list, we should start deciding what we want for the second list" (this after we've recently bought a S&W .357).

Mine doesn't mind the guns at all (as long as they're within budget), but she does pester me now and then for more safes to hold them all.

But... that would mean less money for guns! [thinking]

I was at the taunton one on monday (family came up and wanted to shoot so I need more ammo). There where 3 of us standing there for a good 10 mins waiting for someone to come over. I really wish the local Walmart would get its FFL back.

Taunton's funny like that. I can go there looking to buy ammo and have no one to assist me at the counter for several minutes. Other times, I can be just killing time (like waiting for my tire to be fixed at Sears) looking at scopes, rifles and knives, and have every employee at the mall come up to me and ask if I need help.

Business, you definately got a keeper there!

That's OK. Marry her again, then. She's not the sort you want to let get away.

She is deff a woman worth keeping. She loves guns almost as much as me. Here she is with my Sub2K

1338413281.jpg

That's awesome. I finally got my wife to the range a few weeks back; even though she was a bit recoil shy, after only about 20 rounds through my 22/45 she looks at me and says: "You know I'm going to want my own, right?" Score!

Back
Top Bottom