The wager

Was the ricochet a valid hit and does my wife take my weeks lunch money

• Total voters

kiver

NES Member
So I went to the range today with the wife and a friend. Wet and in the 40's. There was a woodchuck target set up at just short of 100 yards. The wife asks if I thought she could hit the target with her p238 .380. I chuckle a bit and tell her no way and told her I would give her the $40 in my wallet if she hit it. First five rounds not even close. The last round hits the ground to the left and about 15 feet short, ricochets and nails the dang woodchuck.

So she thinks it is a valid hit and wants my $40. I say it is no good. So I am now putting it up for NES to decide.

Last edited:
well technically she did hit it haha even as cheesy as it was. ButI would split the 40 and tell her that cheap shot was worth 20

Ricocheting rounds in to a target is an effective means of disabling the target. However in a "I bet I can hit it" deal it has to be a direct hit. At least the Wiff had good sight alignment. Tell her to grow a set of balls and stop anticipating the shot so she doesn't throw it low.

I have to give her credit for going to the range on a day like this.

If it was really a ricochet, and the bullet hit the woodchuck, then it's a hit. If the bullet kicked up a stone, then no.

I'd pay her.

Things like this are the reason I got rid of my wife. Don't have to worry about the BS anymore. [wink]

ETA: Just go ahead and pay her. Doesn't matter if it's a valid hit or not. You're gonna end up paying for it one way or another...[laugh]

Last edited:
You said $40 bucks if the "hit it " . For the sake of marital harmony and not to lose credibility,pay up and tell her she has to take you out for a burger and a beeer. It's a win,win situation !

While I voted no, and I don't see it as a valid hit, she's going to take your money anyway...she's your wife...

Yeah, Sunday:

April 29, 2012 - 9:00am - Pin & Plate shoot .22 pistol & rifle -10 rounds only (open to the public) call Walt 413-536-5695.

I'll bring 4 Ruger 22/45s and I'll bring the 10/22 as well...

Would you stand down range and take a ricohet center mass? If your willing to take the ricohet don't pay up. Otherwise its a hit.

You said $40 bucks if the "hit it " . For the sake of marital harmony and not to lose credibility,pay up and tell her she has to take you out for a burger and a beeer. It's a win,win situation !

Yep, you'd better pay her...you know how they are. Never welsh on a bet like that. You'll lose far more than a lousy $40 if you do.

Back
Top Bottom