the thin blue line "US" flags?

mac1911

NES Member
Maybe I been sheltered to long .... juast when I thought I seen the slow decrease in the "thin blue line" plates and stickers I have seen 3 of these already this week. Flying proud on top of poles..... kinda makes me throw up a little in my mouth. I think the use of the flag in this way is disrespectful..... god bless.

41C-+tRMWwL__AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Then I googled the thin blue line and said WTF ....ugghh anything to make a buck. EDIT make a buck as in grossly commercialized

https://www.google.com/search?q=US+...ei=vJG_V6yEPcqja478tJAH#imgrc=pXk2_m2JhcR6yM:

Last edited:
I hear you. I m not down with it. I feel you are putting your cause in front of the US.
I'm not a fan of "alternative" designs on the Stars and Stripes, either.

I'm a huge supporter of the thin blue line, but I think the American flag is something that should be left alone, not altered for any specific cause.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The thin blue line isn't disrespectful. This is disrespectful View attachment 175527
Well that depends my Great uncle WWII vet says you have the right to burn the flag.... BUT my uncle would most likely slap you in the face for flying a defaced US flag proud... I will explain. My uncle would say to you fly any flag you want as long as the US flag is flown proud or Higher....

This one makes me think national police state.... ugghh
images.jpg

I have been named the crazy one in my neighborhood because I fly 2 US flags. one pole one on the house....

Last edited:
I saw one of those flags, I thought it looked bad ass. I also saw one on a vehicle the other day, and under it it said 'blue lives matter,' which I would much rather see than the phrase where the bad color matters.

Anyone who uses a national flag to make a personal or political point, even if they're the "good guys," is 100% doing the wrong thing.

I don't like it. If you want to show support for law enforcement use another flag. For those of you that like or support the thin blue line American flag are you also okay with this flag?
us_gay3.gif

Anyone who uses a national flag to make a personal or political point, even if they're the "good guys," is 100% doing the wrong thing.

I remember when the Statue of Liberty was getting overhauled, PBS did a special on the history. You have no IDEA how much Lady Liberty was used to sell products in the late 1800's. Oatmeal? Put Lady Liberty on the box. Finish nails? Lady Liberty on the box. Hemorrhoid cream? Put Lady Liberty sitting on an inflatable donut on the box!

There's no account for taste. :(

Another thing I just noticed lately along the same lines is the blue bulb in the driveway light of a couple of officers..................

the cops need to take a side.

IF they want us to have their backs, they had better STOP harassing legal gun owners, and resist the gun grabbing mechanations of Hillary/Obama/Pelosi/Healey. IF they stand on stage with those gun grabbers, then good luck counting on OUR support afterwards.

If the shit hits the fan, and mobs decend on the cops...it will be too late then for them to ask for our help in solidarity. remember the black Sabbath song "begging mercies for their sins... Satan laughing spreads his wings"

Last edited:
I'm a huge supporter of the thin blue line

The car sticker? The design? The underlying message?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Blue_Line_(emblem)

Each stripe on the emblem represents certain respective figures: the blue center line represents law enforcement, the black line represents the public, and the black line represents criminals. The idea behind this graphic is that law enforcement (the blue line) are unable to distinguish between criminals and lawful civilians, and identify themselves as being "surrounded".[1]

The whole ****ing thing is stupid. There are incredibly obvious problems with policing in the US, and there are incredibly obvious problems with violence/danger to police in the US. Both sides are so wedded to their solidarity bullshit they can't admit that the other side also has a valid point. It just gets in the way of trying to make things better for both sides.

Actually I think this flag is pretty fitting for the public perception of police right now:

The American Flag's colors mean:

White signifies purity and innocence
Red, hardiness & valor, and
Blue signifies Loyalty, vigilance, perseverance & justice.

Soo, move that all to black and grey, they're saying there's no innocence, purity, hardyniess, valor, loyalty, vigilance, and justice in the US...

BUT IT'S OK GUYS! The brotherhood is still tight!

The flag is generally flown in remembrances of a fallen officer. At most all cemetery's that have a police memorial or in my case for a fallen family member....The flag has no political statement for me other than honoring my loved one.. My flag is flown on the same pole with my Colors at the top. My Navy Jack and Service Ribbon fly on a separate pole set to the right of my colors and always lower....So I really don't give a Rats AQQ what your feelings are to be honest with you. I fly it in support of family like mine that have lost a loved one just as I fly my Colors, Navy Jack and service banner....And least I not forget my POW banner.

One man's protectors are another man's tip of the government's spear that's pointed at his gut.
I come from a family with deep ties to law enforcement. Many, many of my family and friends have, and many more still do, protect and serve.

If you force any one of them to choose between protecting the citizenry or obeying the government, they will choose the side of those they swore to protect over the government any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I don't have issue with the flag its self. As one member mentioned it is no longer an American flag once altered.

I do take issue where I see it flown where I normally see an American flag, it is not a subsitute.

Back
Top Bottom