• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Swiss and Guns: Why Switzerland Has the Lowest Crime Rate in the World

They are too busy shooting their cheese to make holes in it, to shoot each other.

Also, I just assume things because I'm too stupid to look things up on the internet, like jpk.

Four official languages and you don't think they are multicultural?

Me thinks you need to look a little more closely at what multiculturalism is......it aint just about being able to speak the languages of the countries you border......furthermore how different culturally do you think eastern france, western austria, southern germany and northern italy really are?

We're talking about a country that is roughly the size of NH

They all share a western european christian heritage with languages that have common roots who have traded amongst themselves for thousands of years.

You want to see multiculturalism then look at dearbornistan, london, paris or any number of other cess pools and take a hard look at what a lack of common culture/values does to crime rates/etc

Edit: and before one of you tards attempts to throw the race or intolerance card at me this has nothing to do with any of the above......its about recognizing the simple documented fact that more homogenous societies almost universally have dramatically lower rates of crime/violence/discontent.

Last edited:
They also have lower poverty, higher equivalent of a minimum wage, and usually rates at the top of the list of places to be born/live. Guns may stop a crime but education can prevent it.

They also have lower poverty, higher equivalent of a minimum wage, and usually rates at the top of the list of places to be born/live. Guns may stop a crime but education can prevent it.

A big reason why they have lower poverty is because theyre not actively importing it.

Switzerland is also so prohibitively expensive than many cannot afford to live their.
combine their unique socioeconomics and declining population - and id say its absurd to compare w the US.

like comparing arkansas and california.

"The government provides the ammunition..."
Hard to believe.
Pretty fancy shooting range. The rifle appeared to be tethered to the gun port?

Me thinks you need to look a little more closely at what multiculturalism is......it aint just about being able to speak the languages of the countries you border......furthermore how different culturally do you think eastern france, western austria, southern germany and northern italy really are?

We're talking about a country that is roughly the size of NH

They all share a western european christian heritage with languages that have common roots who have traded amongst themselves for thousands of years.

You want to see multiculturalism then look at dearbornistan, london, paris or any number of other cess pools and take a hard look at what a lack of common culture/values does to crime rates/etc

Edit: and before one of you tards attempts to throw the race or intolerance card at me this has nothing to do with any of the above......its about recognizing the simple documented fact that more homogenous societies almost universally have dramatically lower rates of crime/violence/discontent.

Also note, NH has one of the lowest crime rates in the US (we duke it out for number 1 with Maine and Vermont every year).

Really? Would you care to reconsider that statement?

Search on "SVP minarets" and get back to us.

Reto L.

[h=1]Swiss Minaret Ban Survives Legal Challenge[/h]
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2263/swiss-minaret-ban-legal-challenge

Islamist make up less than 5% of the population

The point being that the Swiss are not particularly tolerant of folks setting up their own little fiefdoms in their country....its called assimilation......unlike the Swedes, French, English and others who cannot even enter parts of their own cities anymore

[h=1]Swedish Multiculturalism Goes Awry[/h]
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3729/sweden-multiculturalism

Really? Would you care to reconsider that statement?

Search on "SVP minarets" and get back to us.

Reto L.

Well that did absolutely nothing for your argument.

You know when one says something like this it sounds a little harsh:

"Also in November, Swiss Justice Minister Simonetta Sommaruga said the approval or extension of residency permits should be closely linked to the efforts immigrants make to integrate themselves. "Compulsory schooling must be respected. Children should attend all courses and exceptions made on religious or other grounds, for example in swimming classes, should no longer be possible," Sommaruga said."

Until you think about the agenda of those it is designed for:

The pro-Islamist Erdogan has bragged: "The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers." Erdogan has also told Muslim immigrants in Europe that "assimilation is a crime against humanity."

And then things start to make a little sense. At least to me.

When actual Musims rise up and police their own bullshit then you can get back to me...

Random european countries like switzerland, denmark and luxembourg are statistical outliers. Comparing them to the US is no different than comparing jelly and cement on the basis of similar consistency.

Also note, NH has one of the lowest crime rates in the US (we duke it out for number 1 with Maine and Vermont every year).

NH has low crime because the entire NH population is bonded by mutual gratitude that they dont live in MA....avoidance of all things MA is a straight ticket to brotherly love.

[h=1]Swiss Minaret Ban Survives Legal Challenge[/h]
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2263/swiss-minaret-ban-legal-challenge

Islamist make up less than 5% of the population

The point being that the Swiss are not particularly tolerant of folks setting up their own little fiefdoms in their country....its called assimilation......unlike the Swedes, French, English and others who cannot even enter parts of their own cities anymore

You missed the larger point. Switzerland is much smaller than the US (!) but is probably just as factionalized. Catholic canton are much more conservative than protestant ones; the further west you go the more liberal it gets, city vs. country, etc. the debate over the permissability of minarets is an example of that struggle. That was why I pointed you to the SVP and minarets, not simply minarets.

With respect to assimilation, again, you need, I think, to do some more homework. It's damn near impossible for foreigners to truly assimilate. Switzerland is fairly xenophobic. Sure, they'll take the odd billionaire (and his income taxes!) and migrant labor from Turkey and Southern Europe, but there's huge tension over the Schwengen accords and unlimited migration from EU states, never mind parts south.

Not sure how true this is but I've heard that although there is a rifle in nearly every home, ammunition is not readily available. You get your ammo from the military and they keep track of how much you use so you basically can't just go plinking for fun. Again, I haven't looked into this but it's what I've heard.

It is my understanding that they have ammo in the home but only something like 50 rounds.They could of course use the 50 rounds to take their neighbors ammo but their attempt might be cut short by the neighbor or their fellow neighbors.

Not sure how true this is but I've heard that although there is a rifle in nearly every home, ammunition is not readily available. You get your ammo from the military and they keep track of how much you use so you basically can't just go plinking for fun. Again, I haven't looked into this but it's what I've heard.

The main point to this whole thing (which many seem to be missing) is that despite there essentially being a semi-auto or select-fire "Assault Rifle" in almost every Swiss household, there is virtually no crime involving them.
Hence, any fool in the U.S. spouting off that if we were to "get rid of all the guns" and all the crime would go away, is foiled by the fact that "more guns don't equal more crime".
The gun isn't the issue: it's the person behind it.

NH has low crime because the entire NH population is bonded by mutual gratitude that they dont live in MA....avoidance of all things MA is a straight ticket to brotherly love.

Not saying you're wrong... But, is there anything really wrong with that?? [rofl2]

Now, we just need to keep the moonbat/fudd disease from taking hold up here...

Back
Top Bottom