The Season of Small Turnouts?

Soooo..... Is everyone avoiding the 800lb Gorilla. The turnouts at my matches are almost cut in half, seems like people are having trouble finding ammo and components. I thought it might be time to discuss how this affects the season. I have been working overtime to make sure my team has ammo.... How are you all faring ?
Jason
CT Steel Shooters

I suspect the die hard competitors will have supplies. The casual shooters are likely screwed.

Yes, I will be curtailing my competition shooting this year quite a bit. I have a couple of classes already lined up in the summer. That and personal practice time will be trumping matches for now.

Seriously sucks.

The suppliers say they will be caught up by summer. I have been buying in bulk... To say the least. Every primmer seems precious now ..... I have some weird components coming , back to the drawing board for loads . Makes for some interesting testing sessions.
Our team shoots 9..... We have some great stuff to trade , especially brass. We have some great .40 components, .357sig factory ammo , .45 factory ammo, Send a message if you want to trade for 9 stuff. We like Federal small pp, and MG 115 gr.....

I've brought this up at our practices for a while now. I see a lot of people working out of PMC bulk packs at matches and see a lot of "just need to hit Walmart and grab some ammo on my way home from work" posts; these people are going to have some trouble coming up with 150-200 rounds for a USPSA match. I have enough components to get me through most of the season but things will be getting tight toward the end of summer if things don't change.

If stuff does not start trickling in on all the orders I have out there then its going to be a frustrating season for sure.

I've got about 3500 45 ACP bullets, lots of primers, and a ton of brass, so I'm set for much of the season. Hopefully I will be able to get more bullets by mid-summer.

I plan to be competing in more matches this year than last.

I've got about 3500 45 ACP bullets, lots of primers, and a ton of brass, so I'm set for much of the season. Hopefully I will be able to get more bullets by mid-summer.

I plan to be competing in more matches this year than last.

Me too. I've got lots of primers, brass and powder. I may have to switch which division I shoot though (from L10 to SS/Production). I have a LOT more 9mm (projectiles & loaded ammo) than .40.

Fortunately, I saw the writing on the wall and stocked up last summer. The new/casual shooters are in trouble though.

A year back or so, I decided I had more money than time, and decided to buy rather than reload (although I have a press).

I'm screwed. I can probably come up with 1-2 matches worth, and that's it.

I'm rationing my 9mm bullet heads. I'm in good shape for other components but might have to just wait out the "12-14 weeks or longer" I was quoted for the bulletheads. As far as rifle and shotgun, maybe just New Bedford's multigun in the Fall.

Cutting open a shotgun shell will get you enough powder and lead to load four 9mm bullets. 1 box of birdshot equals 100 9mm, Just add primers! [rofl][rofl][rofl]

I've been practicing almost exclusively with a 22 conversion.

I have 12 thousand 45 cal bullets on the shelf, plenty of powder, plenty of brass, but I'm down to only 6 thousand primers. I will have to suck it up and pay whatever outrageous price they are asking where ever they are in stock

I also have a few cases of factory 9mm, so I could switch divisions and keep shooting

I'm looking pretty good for at least half of the season in pistol and practice with a 22 LR upper has prevented any real drain on my 223 ammo. I have actually found that I am overstocked in Large pistol STD primers (Wolf). The stuff is not for sale, but I have five thou or so that I would swap for small pistol.

I think I am going to be set for this season...hopefully.
I actually just got shipping confirmation on a case of bullets, so I think I will be ok.
Amazingly, I faxed the order in on Monday and got the shipping confirmation today.
So, it seems like supplies are available, you just need to know where to look.

Steve

Since I stocked up after I heard assault weapon ban during the debate I'm sitting pretty good. All I need to know is where all the matches nobody has ammo for are so I can place high.[rofl] Serious if this keeps up it might have to be Wall of steel not Walls.

Dave

I'm considering buying a sword, and using that for IDPA. I think it's legal in SSR; that's the 'historical' division, right?

I'm considering buying a sword, and using that for IDPA. I think it's legal in SSR; that's the 'historical' division, right?

what the hell fishing vest do you have that you can conceal a sword??? [rofl]

I'm ok on bullets, powder, and brass but I didn't more quickly enough on primers so I'm under 5k....hopefully that keeps me chugging along until a backorder clears or I'll be re-watching the youtube where some nutjob "reloads" primers using match heads [shocked]

Wanted to start shooting this year, and not enough ammo to even bother. Haven't shot in 2 months, since Comm 2A at New Bedford. Have just enough to shoot steel at New Bedford and take USPSA intro at same place in April. This sux!

Back
Top Bottom