• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The proposed Executive Orders

Every so many years we go through this. This is worst then most years, but I'm tired of getting worked up about it. So, I'm not going to do it. Until an actual bill starts through the process it's all conjecture as to what is going to happen. I'm not going to sit back and let something happen, but I'm also not going to get worked up about this rhetoric any more. I highly doubt a really bad bill to gun owners will make it through the House. A watered down bill might, so there's nothing gained by getting pissed about it now.

Just got an E-mail from the White House. AWB is coming, brace yourselves.

SNIP

We're asking for a new, stronger ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that allow a shooter to fire dozens of bullets as quickly as he can pull a trigger. And we're asking Congress to help protect law enforcement by make it illegal for members of the public to possess armor-piercing bullets.

We're going to give law enforcement more tools and resources to prevent and prosecute gun crimes, and we're going to end the freeze on gun violence research that prevents the Center from Disease Control from looking at the causes of gun violence.

[shocked] WTF!!! Police state much?

I take back my above post. Just read the proposed bill on another thread about Deval's plan. You have up to one year to dispose of your hi cap mags from the time the act goes through before you become an outlaw. NOW, I'm worked up and pissed again. So much for trying to remain calm........

I take back my above post. Just read the proposed bill on another thread about Deval's plan. You have up to one year to dispose of your hi cap mags from the time the act goes through before you become an outlaw. NOW, I'm worked up and pissed again. So much for trying to remain calm........

That's only if it gets voted through. When will these bills be voted on?

If they do get voted through, were "not allowed" to have the pre bans we have now?

That's only if it gets voted through. When will these bills be voted on?

If they do get voted through, were "not allowed" to have the pre bans we have now?

Correct. Need to be sold/gotten rid of. [laugh]

Like laws mean shit here anyways. And yeah on a federal level an AWB just is crazy. There is 100x more opposition to gun bans rather then back in 1994 (or so I have heard). Congress will knock that shit down.

Correct. Need to be sold/gotten rid of. [laugh]

Like laws mean shit here anyways. And yeah on a federal level an AWB just is crazy. There is 100x more opposition to gun bans rather then back in 1994 (or so I have heard). Congress will knock that shit down.

I just want to know when MA will vote on these bills, and what GOAL plans on doing about it. Or are they just going to ram rod this shit through like NY did?

Can't have a preban mag? Yeah ok.

I just want to know when MA will vote on these bills, and what GOAL plans on doing about it. Or are they just going to ram rod this shit through like NY did?

Can't have a preban mag? Yeah ok.

The key is to know when the bills go to committee and whether or not they make it out of committee. I don't know if they have selected members for the pub safety/homeland securiety joint committee yet, that's the key thing.... I doubt linsky will get on that one, but who knows. Back when Barrios was on that committee (it was called something differrent) we were on pins and needles because he could apply traction to anti bullshit. I forget whether Jacques rhymes with fakes was on that committee or not when they pushed GCA98 through. I am hoping there is a cost component to the bill that causes it to get tanked. The silver lining so far is that what Deval wants to do seems to be very ambitious, and that level of gun control costs money... that moonbats don't want to spend on "more important moonbat" stuff. Moonbats like gun control but if its pitched that implementing it will be taking money away from public schools or some other thing like that, odds are the bill will die a horrible death, unless they whittle it down.

-Mike

The silver lining so far is that what Deval wants to do seems to be very ambitious, and that level of gun control costs money... that moonbats don't want to spend on "more important moonbat" stuff. Moonbats like gun control but if its pitched that implementing it will be taking money away from public schools or some other thing like that, odds are the bill will die a horrible death, unless they whittle it down.

-Mike
You got the memo on the increased income tax, right?

Back
Top Bottom