The Next Self-Defense Law Scenario

But the forensics sure do, along with the 3 witnesses that you didn't see.

I am so freakin' tired of seeing this kind of line on gun forums. It does NOT help our image, besides the fact that it is just the sort of advice that can turn a lawful self defense incident into murder one. "I was just kidding" doesn't cut it, either. It makes us all look bad. Just stop it.

that coming from the same poster that said

Doesn't really matter. Whoever Devil selects can't be much worse than who would be elected in an open election. This is MA, after all. We keep re-electing Teddy, Kerry, Barney Frank, etc.....

my post can/may damned me,
but yours could damage more gun owners if you believed certain people are watching all our comments

you can either "loosen up" or,
like you said in another topic, expand your ignore list

Always shoot to neutralize a threat. Once someone makes the conscious decision to shoot to kill, it stops being legitimate self defense. In self defense, you shoot knowing that the effects may well be lethal, but that should not be the intent.

At least, that's how the Jesuit who taught me ethics in high school put it.

Always shoot to neutralize a threat. Once someone makes the conscious decision to shoot to kill, it stops being legitimate self defense. In self defense, you shoot knowing that the effects may well be lethal, but that should not be the intent.

At least, that's how the Jesuit who taught me ethics in high school put it.
+1

I would attempt to create some distance while pulling my firearm out.Anyone still coming forward would be shot.Any questions?

This actually happened to the son of someone I know. I think he was coming home from a hunting trip or something, but he had to change a tire in a dark, sketchy area. He brought his rifle out with him. I don't know the details, but they were very surprised when they found themselves at the end of his rifle. They left, he changed his tire, he left. The end.

my post can/may damned me,
but yours could damage more gun owners if you believed certain people are watching all our comments

Vtpro:

I disagree with you on that. Consider how people on the fence about guns will think about gun owners if they read things like:

"dead men tell no tales"
"shoot 'em all and let god sort them out"
"shoot, shovel, and shut up"
"if he dies outside of the house, drag him inside"

As others have stated, the intent of using deadly force in self defense is not to kill the attacker. The intent is to stop the attack. The use of deadly force may result in the death of the attacker, but that is not the intent.

Guys
You are doing just what should not be done and drawing attention to all of the things that we should not think or say.
Let us end this subject
Please

Back
Top Bottom