The most painful shotgun ammo EVER!

http://www.firequest.com/catalog/showcase_item_4.html

with such ammo as:

12GAflechettenew.jpg

12 GA. Flechette Shot Shells
A Flechette is a small dart shaped projectile, that is clustered in an explosive warhead, dropped in a missile from an airplane or fired from a hand held weapon. One unique application of this 1 1/2" Flechette was to load these in a 12 GA. shotgun for taking out snipers hiding in thick brush or trees. Due to the penetration of these projectiles, tree limbs and brush would not disperse the darts. Even if some were dispersed, this would still have an all-covering pattern within a tree or brush. Generally 20 of these darts are placed in each 12 GA. shell.

and...

G12-038.jpg

12 Gauge Rubber Rocket Projectile with OC Pepper
Rated # 1 Round for Less lethal Home Defense
A direct fire 12 gauge round which fires a 125 grain, 60 durometer, OC filled rubber projectile. This round was designed for single target engagement allowing escalation of force from a safe distance prior to use of lethal means. This round was designed with the idea of multiple sensory deprivation. It first relays a pain effect with the simultaneous effect of OC powder. The Rocket fires a 125 grain rubber projectile, producing controlled and directed incapacitation by blunt impact trauma and excruciating pain. This round also adds the effect of Oleoresin Capsicum, which is designed to cause disorientation through a tearing and burning sensation in the eyes, involuntary closing of the eyes (blepharospam), violent coughing, shortness of breath (dyspnea) and is an irritant to exposed skin surfaces which helps to induce another aspect of behavior modification. Contains 2 grams OC Powder. 2 3/4”

Disclamer: Not available in CA, NY and MA

They also have confetti rounds...

I'll skip the pain and go with shotgun ammo that kills shit...If I want to play with darts, pepper or rubber, I'll head down to throw darts at Pepes Bar and Grille, eat some poppers with my beer and take home a questionable woman... [wink]

I'll skip the pain and go with shotgun ammo that kills shit...If I want to play with darts, pepper or rubber, I'll head down to throw darts at Pepes Bar and Grille, eat some poppers with my beer and take home a questionable woman... [wink]
I don't know why anyone would evaluate the pain of shotgun ammo from the projectile side - I'm much more concerned with what it does to my shoulder... [laugh]

No way flechettes are worse than 00 Buck... [wink]

I dont know about that stuff but buckshot hurts like a motherfu%$er.

Words to live by from "Captain Lead Head"... [wink]

As to flechettes, they may be something close range - everything pretty much would be. However, flechettes at ranges outside 10-15 feet would in my opinion be a poor performer. I have no personal experience with these rounds, but an old dear friend of mine did in Vietnam with the Marine Corp. He was not a fan. What he was a fan of was 00-buck....RIP Chuck...

Are they the Steyr ACR flechettes?, (I can't see the vid). If so, that explains a lot. They are far from the "Firequest" flechettes pictured above. They were developed by Steyr as part of the ACR system and are packed 2-3 to a round, hitting speeds over 1600fps and singular units traveling at nearly 5,000fps. Those will sail through sodt and even some hard armor.

The flechettes from Firequest are like tiny nails and the pic does not show it, but half are packed in backwards in order to fit...A test I saw on those a while ago, did indeed have a dart or two penetrating soft armor, but most hit the target sideways. The spread at distance, (20-yards) was something like 8-feet. They could not even get those rounds to penetrate plywood - not enough energy at target. One would also have to wonder what kind of energy a small flechette would carry even if it did penetrate. Day ruiner? Sure. Man stopper? My bet would be no - at least not one consistent enough or reliable enough to be trusted. If it were the case, they would be an issued round to both military and law enforcement units...Novelty poo-poo IMHO...

That's a cool vid, but why did the shoot 12 gauge flares at ballistic gel? [scratches head]
The general purpose of that video seemed to be to instruct people as to what sort of damage to expect when they fire, are fired upon, or investigating a scene when various ammo is used...

It's a good idea to understand that a "flare" is going to damage soft tissue - like, oh say a gas/pepper pellet...

Well, that and it's cool to watch the jelly giggle... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom