• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the mill in littleton directory

Honestly, i still wish there was a mill inventory thread.
Rather than calling and annoying each dealer individually(if they have a listing) over a long period of time.

It would be easier on the people that have to travel a decent distance to get there.

I understand there are things that cannot be "listed" and those you can call for and such.

And yes i understand there is a for sale forum.
But a mill specific sub forum would be a nice touch.
Semi-Pro Tip:

Go on Armslist.

Search for any basic gun that most shops would have.

Limit search to Massachusetts and or Littleton

Many of the Mill's shops will display for that particular gun.

The Mill's shops that do show up on your search will have all their contact and open hours info shown.

Last edited:
Actually one dealer mentioned in this thread was an actual dick head to my wife over the phone told her he didn't have the time for her. You know who you are because it was very recent and it was about a Colt Python you advertised here on this very forum. So dick head just so you know she has her LTC like the rest of my family and when I get I chance to visit your tiny piece of the world I will make sure I say hello because NES doesn't need dealers like you! Dick Head!

Actually one dealer mentioned in this thread was an actual dick head to my wife over the phone told her he didn't have the time for her. You know who you are because it was very recent and it was about a Colt Python you advertised here on this very forum. So dick head just so you know she has her LTC like the rest of my family and when I get I chance to visit your tiny piece of the world I will make sure I say hello because NES doesn't need dealers like you! Dick Head!
Just to be clear, it seems like you feel this particular individual is a dickhead? It’s a little unclear…

The mill dealers are small operations that don’t have staff to be on the phone to answer questions as they have limited hours and need to help those in the shop. I’m sure they were not trying to be a dick head. Best to go in and check something out in person if you are interested.

This does not seem to be the most constructive way to handle it. If I was you I would call back and ask to speak to the manager.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?​

The mill dealers are small operations that don’t have staff to be on the phone to answer questions as they have limited hours and need to help those in the shop. I’m sure they were not trying to be a dick head. Best to go in and check something out in person if you are interested.
Unfortunately, I am a small business owner and have been for over 30 years and I know what it takes and the time constraints that go with it and I am still here after all these years because I treat people with respect.

Then hypothetically why would I do business there? Earning business means doing whatever it takes. This is not charity.

Then hypothetically why would I do business there? Earning business means doing whatever it takes. This is not charity.

1. 20% percent of your customers will waste 80% of your time. It is normal to actively weed out your bottom 20%.
2. Don't conflate customers with potential customers.
3. Customers get to choose where they shop, and equally, shops get to choose their customers.
4. There are types of people that no matter what you do will never be satisfied. Usually, they think they are entitled to your time and or service, act like brats when told no, or have unreasonably high expectations.

Not sure how anyone has problems at the mill. If I'm looking for a gun I do research ahead of time to determine precisely what I want, I reach out to mill dealers with a specific inquiry, they give me a price and timeline (if not in stock), they tell me when it arrives, I walk in with cash in hand ready to fill out the paperwork. This isn't rocket science. I would never expect a dealer who's in the store part time (i.e. has a regular full time job too) to accommodate my prolonged window shopping. If you're not sure what you're looking for or you're not even ready to buy, head down the road to Cabela's - they have plenty of hourly employees who don't care how much of their time you waste.

Not sure how anyone has problems at the mill. If I'm looking for a gun I do research ahead of time to determine precisely what I want, I reach out to mill dealers with a specific inquiry, they give me a price and timeline (if not in stock), they tell me when it arrives, I walk in with cash in hand ready to fill out the paperwork. This isn't rocket science. I would never expect a dealer who's in the store part time (i.e. has a regular full time job too) to accommodate my prolonged window shopping. If you're not sure what you're looking for or you're not even ready to buy, head down the road to Cabela's - they have plenty of hourly employees who don't care how much of their time you waste.
Nailed it

Some people don't know what they want and are just wanting to be talked into buying something, gunshows rely on these type of uninformed maybe customers. Most of the time shops don't have the time, patience or manpower to hold the hands of these people through every step of the decision making process.. They are called shoppers.

Then there are buyers. They are just looking for something they have already researched and are looking for in stock, price and no BS.

I can't stand shopping.

I'll make some calls but I thought someone in this thread may know. I know a few of the dealers at the mill but don't know which ones do basic gunsmithing work. I have a Colt 1911A1 (series 80) that I need a front sight installed and staked. Any thoughts on which dealers at the mill may do this type of work? I have called a few gun shops already (none at the Mill) and so far none of them will do it.

I'll make some calls but I thought someone in this thread may know. I know a few of the dealers at the mill but don't know which ones do basic gunsmithing work. I have a Colt 1911A1 (series 80) that I need a front sight installed and staked. Any thoughts on which dealers at the mill may do this type of work? I have called a few gun shops already (none at the Mill) and so far none of them will do it.

Henry at Forge Hill Systems or Tony Celona at Metro West Dynamics

it’s a feature of the Mill that it doesn’t cater to people that need hand-holding.
Nah, Defensive Dynamics has spent more time walking me through stuff since day 1, granted i've spent 10k there in the past 6 months and brought 5 friends/relatives in to buy hardware and ammo. in particular, my wife and my buddies wife were brand new shooters and Steve spent a good amount of time with them making sure they got the right gear (for them). They're good about hand-holding, answering questions, educating, etc etc, great store

Nah, Defensive Dynamics has spent more time walking me through stuff since day 1, granted i've spent 10k there in the past 6 months and brought 5 friends/relatives in to buy hardware and ammo. in particular, my wife and my buddies wife were brand new shooters and Steve spent a good amount of time with them making sure they got the right gear (for them). They're good about hand-holding, answering questions, educating, etc etc, great store
I don't know any of these guys and have never been to the Mill.

What you are pointing out in this post is "making customers" as opposed to "making sales". Back in the day when Egghead Software existed, the manager of the Norwood stores was one of those folks. He would steer customers away from products that wouldn't meet their needs and point them to whatever would be best for them. He referred a lot of business my way when I was supporting small businesses and I likewise sent a lot of clients to him to buy what they needed. His store was the top producer in the region.

Not every business person sees it this way and you have a lot of gunshop owners just wanting to make quick sales.

it’s a feature of the Mill that it doesn’t cater to people that need hand-holding.
Some people don't know what they want and are just wanting to be talked into buying something, gunshows rely on these type of uninformed maybe customers. Most of the time shops don't have the time, patience or manpower to hold the hands of these people through every step of the decision making process.. They are called shoppers.
Then there are buyers. They are just looking for something they have already researched and are looking for in stock, price and no BS.
I can't stand shopping.

Funny, because it is this same NES where people say to new people who are looking for a new gun to go and try holding different ones, and see what feels comfortable and good, and fits your particular hand and style. How does one do that, yet follow the above advice? People want to compare A to B, and then C to D, then A to D, then ask some questions and find out why maybe B is better for their needs than the others, then they can try to try one out. Those are the customers who will come back and buy there, again and again. Get ignored, and they will take their money and do business elsewhere.

Who's got the garage door/shop area with all the newspaper clippings taped on the wall? He offers some expensive ammo for sale...

Funny, because it is this same NES where people say to new people who are looking for a new gun to go and try holding different ones, and see what feels comfortable and good, and fits your particular hand and style. How does one do that, yet follow the above advice? People want to compare A to B, and then C to D, then A to D, then ask some questions and find out why maybe B is better for their needs than the others, then they can try to try one out. Those are the customers who will come back and buy there, again and again. Get ignored, and they will take their money and do business elsewhere.
You can go do that at any number of regular gun stores where the owners aren't there for a few hours in the evening after work with a line of customers out the door with cash in hand.

Back
Top Bottom