• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Mass Licening Survey Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Comm2A could use help with survey design, data cleaning, reporting, regression analysis, etc., I'd be happy to volunteer.

Filled it out. Hope these provide you with some useful info!

Filled one out with my experience.

Pretty painless. Went in with the regular 4 page form for renewal. Firearms admin went through the screens with me on the computer. Since it was a renewal all my info was in MIRCS already- took pic, fingerprint and the whole process took about 15 mins.
3 weeks and license in hand. Well actually waited 3 weeks before calling to see if it was in. Probably took less time than that.

LTC-A Restrictions = none.

Bump.

Just a reminder this is a long term project. Please help get the word out. If you're an instructor and have friends getting the LTCs for the first time please share the survey with them.

Complete.

You might consider highlighting the survey link in the first post. It blends in so much I had to search for it.

Good luck.

Instructor credentials, letter, etc. didn't mean a thing......restricted again until 2016.

Done.

Anyone applying in Boylston, MA be sure to call and talk with Sergeant Donahue at the Boylston PD BEFORE taking your safety course or starting your paper work. Stand up guy, very helpful.

Well, just for example he was able to point me in the direction of some less expensive alternatives to the average $100 safety courses that seem to be the norm. Information like this I'm sure is available if you know where to look. But, from someone just getting started, like myself, I paid the $100 fee, because I had no idea there where much cheaper alternatives available.

If nothing else I would have saved some coin had I called first.

Well, just for example he was able to point me in the direction of some less expensive alternatives to the average $100 safety courses that seem to be the norm. Information like this I'm sure is available if you know where to look. But, from someone just getting started, like myself, I paid the $100 fee, because I had no idea there where much cheaper alternatives available.

If nothing else I would have saved some coin had I called first.

Got it, thanks. It was for good reasons, not bad ones. [grin]

filed my license application on the 11th.. i actually didn't fill out anything at all..

it was all done via computer, chief didn't even ask me what i wanted just put Class A Unrestricted. just waiting for the license to come in the mail. total time 15 min, ugly photo but that's ok, fingerprints etc all done so quick. the chief was super nice , if anyone else lives in Franklin, Chief Semerjian is amazing , kind, respectful, and such a fun guy to talk to :) id spend more time hanging out with him :)

Wife and I received our licenses in the mail today.

we both completed the survey

5 weeks 2 days for me, 4 weeks 2 days for her.
New Bedford
i'm LTC/A Restrictions: Sporting
she's LTC/A Restrictions: Target and Hunting

she went a week after me and had a different licensing officer,
neither of us saw the regular licensing officer as he is on medical leave...

and the saturday between our appointments saw a change in chiefs...
(backs of both are signed by the new chief David A. Provencher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom