The Mass Licening Survey Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I filled out the survey.
Got my LTC-A No restrictions. Took just about one month to receive it after going to the local PD. This was Falmouth, Mass.
Everyone I dealt with at local Falmouth PD were very polite and professional. After some of the stories I've read and heard I was pleasantly surprised.

I just reapplied for my LTC. I was told it would be about four weeks. Norton is usually very good about it.

I give the course for the license and rely on feedback from people as to how they are treated/mistreated in their towns. I have compiled quite a various list of strange arbitrary hoops that some of these chiefs employ. One example: the Carver chief put a hold on a persons renewal because he is insisting the gun owner turns in a list of all his guns serial numbers to him before he will allow the renewal to go forward, believe it or not. This is why our 'glorious' so-called 'reps' need to strip these chiefs of arbitrary discretion.

I give the course for the license and rely on feedback from people as to how they are treated/mistreated in their towns. I have compiled quite a various list of strange arbitrary hoops that some of these chiefs employ. One example: the Carver chief put a hold on a persons renewal because he is insisting the gun owner turns in a list of all his guns serial numbers to him before he will allow the renewal to go forward, believe it or not. This is why our 'glorious' so-called 'reps' need to strip these chiefs of arbitrary discretion.

WTF?!?!?! That's wrong on so many levels. [angry]

We would be really interested in seeing this. If you are willing to share, can you contact [email protected] and let us know how to contact you (if Brent hasn't already reached out that is).

Done. Applied 8/16. Chief said it would take a few weeks to months depending on how far Chelsea has their head up their butts (his words, not mine).

Done. Applied 8/16. Chief said it would take a few weeks to months depending on how far Chelsea has their head up their butts (his words, not mine).

Got it 2 days ago, 9/5. Class A High Capacity. [smile] Look out world, one more sane, law-abiding American citizen with a gun. [smile] Well, LTC anyways. [laugh]

Done. Glad to help the cause. However in my town the LEO's are wonderfull. And it's fairly easy to get your class A. I guess being in a good town is helping me deal with the move into MA a whole lot better.

Could not fill out form with out doing your work justice.

Tried to PM you and could not. (?)

Thank you for all your work in this endeavor!

Done. An ongoing list of the survey results would be a great read.

Thank you for the survey! [bow]
The survey has been working out very well. The only thing more I'd like to see is a higher response rate. With 351 cities and towns in MA it's very hard to get a high enough percentage of applicants from each town to do any credible statistical analysis. However, the survey has yielded some very useful information in terms of practices that would likely not pass constitutional muster and the anecdotal data provided as lead us to some good potential plaintiffs for this thing or that.....

One thing that would be very helpful is to get more BFS instructors to encourage their students to take the survey after they get their licenses. One of the out reach programs we'll be launching next year will be to start communicating more effectively with the instructors out there.

Took the survey. Just recently received my Class A, No restrictions in Medford. It was a renewal, previously held Class A/ALP from another town. Licensing detective couldn't have been nicer, interview was easy with us just making conversation while he entered the forms, took my picture and stuff. No recommendations or any documentation other than the form required, but it struck me he's swamped. Took 2 months from putting in my application to the interview. Then the FRB took another 2.5 months to process (Called FRB and confirmed I was waiting on them, not Medford). So, waiting 5.5 months was a pain, but end result means I'm good for another 5 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom