• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Largest Gun You've Conceal Carried

Those at the Grafton Turkey shoot Saturday may have noticed the S&W 500 Magnum on my belt. Those that didn't, surely stood up and took note when I started shooting it at the line. [grin]

Hornady XTP 350 grain bullet over 41 grains of Alliant 2400 powder goes BOOM!

glock 17 IWB.

however, one time i was technically open carrying a S&W .460 and .500 with a gun belt. it was just draped over my shoulder instead and they were on loan from the owner (no, not that owner, yes, the other owner!). [laugh]

G21 in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster everyday, except maybe on a real hot day, I'll carry a G30 and wear a long, oversized tee shirt. For my G21, I always wear an open long shirt over a tee shirt, or an open jacket. When I have to wear a suit for Weddings/Funerals I wear my "Church Gun", a G36.

I've tried carrying my S&W 627-5 at about the 4:00 O'clock position and as a cross draw. My wife wouldn't let me out of the house. If I'm trying something new, I go through every possible motion while she's looking for the print.

- - - Updated - - -

seecamp .32 .for the last place prize.

On my ankle everyday, although I haven't worn shorts in years :-(

FNH FNX-9 w/ leather IWB on my right hip....once, because I haven't been able to get the 10rnd magazines per Das People's Kommunist Republik of Taxachusetts requirements.

I've got a long torso, so shirts and sweatshirts are always short on me. I'm not worried so much about imprinting as I am about having my shirt/sweatshirt lift up and expose the firearm. Any other tall people have any recommendations to overcome this? (I imagine I'll be recommended to buy longer shirts....where?)

however, one time i was technically open carrying a S&W .460 and .500 with a gun belt. it was just draped over my shoulder instead and they were on loan from the owner (no, not that owner, yes, the other owner!). [laugh]

Yes you did,
arrow.jpg

I win:

8" S&W .500 and an 8" S&W .460 at the same time in a Sig carry jacket.

What ellse did you have on you then?

Cowboy Wedding Rig from Black Hills Leather for my S&W 460 XVR & 500 Megnum. Both with 8 3/8" barrels. Along with my Glock 66, Boot gun (NAA Mini Magnum) and a pen gun. Cufflink made from 416 Barrett brass. [smile]

View attachment 44885

View attachment 44886

View attachment 44887

I want to carry my 4506 - havent found a holster for it. Otherwise, the largest have included my 686 in a shoulder rig, a Sig P229, Full sized 1911.

A S&W model 29 with 8 3/8" barrel in a shoulder holster under a 3 piece suit at a wedding to win a $100.00 dollar bet that I could wear it and no one would notice.
They didn't and I won the bet.

Now a nice comfy sig 229 in a mitch rosen IWB horsehide holster.

Back
Top Bottom