• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Largest Gun You've Conceal Carried

Glock 17. Capacity is nice, but a g19 with a spare mag makes x1000 times more sense.

This exactly.

Should always carry a spare mag IMHO. It's not necessarily about round count, but rather about operating failures in a time of dire need.

Hmm, this is where I really hate my carry methods. I've never carried a spare mag, I feel like I have no room left and it'll weigh me down. Like many know, I'm pretty thin and stuff prints easily. I've found that my SR9c and G19 carry very well as they are similar in slimness. So what's everyone's mag carry method?

Last edited:
Last winter it was a 5" 1911 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, this winter it's a Glock 30 SF in a PJ Holster. One was Long Slim and Heavy, one is Shorter, Fat and heavy. The 1911 poked me in the leg and actually wore a hole in my pants (I'm not tall). I also found the Crossbreed holster uncomfortably large (I'm not wide either) and getting it on and off was a pain. Much happier with the Glock/PJ despite the fact that it's slide is so damn fat. Hides nicely under a jacket or my usual sweat shirt; at least well enough to avoid scaring the sheep. [smile]

What is the largest (physical size, not caliber) gun you've conceal carried? I've carried a G17 before but that was uncomfortable for a slim guy like myself. What I learned, however, was that a good, well-positioned holster seems to make a world of difference.
Beretta 92FS in Somerville's Davis square a few times.

I carried a FS 1911 in an OWB pancake holster (Brommeland) for a year or more, no problems.

I've also carried an M&P FS 9 in an IWB (Milt Sparks VMII).

92FS, SIG229, M&P 9mm fs 1911 all IWB and OWB. Easy in the cooler months and comfortable with a good belt. In the summer not so easy. I stick to a Shield for the most part.

G21 , nice ! It is definitely a big CCW but the capacity and weight make it a perfect 45. That would print on me like no other.

Sent from my POS iPhone

It printed pretty bad, but it was winter when I carried it. It was the first gun I bought as a NH resident five years ago, I put THOUSANDS of rounds through that gun, eventually it started keyholing and I sold it cheap. I've been meaning to buy another one, but I'll probably get a 10mm pair (20, and 29) first.

Safari Arms Match Master 1911 .45acp with a SIX inch slide...
Which happens to be the most accurate handgun I "had" ever owned...
Never should have sold it... [crying]

I have carried a 4" S&W .44mag , just because. But the gun came with one of those vertical brown leather shoulder rigs - saw one in a movie once .... It works. Not too concerned with bear attacks or hunting whales so it was just a fun experiment.

I did carry a 5" 1911 IWB for a few years , then downsized to a Commander sized ,PD, 1911.

The gun I was issued at birth is the biggest I've concealed carried. Though I suppose I'll use my 1911 with that OWB holster once I get my carry permit. Still won't be larger though. [laugh]

A Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. with I think it was a 6" or 7" barrel. I had a Bianchi cross draw belt holster. I wore it under a baseball type jacket and rode the redline to Cambridge everyday. One day the butt was sticking out through the zipper in some lady's face. Her eyes were as big as saucers. I zipped the jacket up a little more and told her not to worry, "I'm usually one of the good guys". I have never worried about imprinting and never will. I have a license to carry a weapon and carry one I will. Screw all the new hair splitting ridicules interpretations of the law. If they want to take my license, have at it, I'll just move out of state somewhere. The time for resistance has arrived.

I've carried a Gov't 1911 IWB for over 12 years so I'm used to it. The Beretta 92FS however, felt way too big to carry IWB. Go figure.

I once carried a S&W model 66-2, 6" bbl IWB with no holster. "Mexican style". That was stupid.

S&W 625 with a 5" barrel. That one was hard to conceal.

I often carry a fullsize 1911. That isn't hard to conceal and I'm not a big guy.

A few years ago, I met a couple of NESr's at my club that were thinking about joining. I brought 6 handguns with me that day, but only 3 fit in my Pistol case. So I decided to carry 3.

I had a Sig 226 in a shoulder holster with two spare mags, a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel on my left hip, cross draw and a Sig 229 on my right hip OWB. All tolled I had 18 rounds of 357 magnum and 74 rounds of .40 cal on me. I concealed it all under an untucked LL Bean flannel.

When I got to the range and took off the flannel, I could barely hear over the sound of my own awesomeness.

Back
Top Bottom