The Hunt for the Red Rifle

Hey guys, sorry its been so long, but things been kind of hectic. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there.
I am currently in the market for a particular rifle and haven't found what I am looking for.

I am looking for a model 91/30 Mosin Nagant. I'd prefer one of the Russian made models over either the Yugo or Finnish version.

I saw one at a gun show a while back, but it was in terrible shape for the price.

Anyway, if anyone knows a Milsurp dealer in, or around the Attleboros who might carry one, I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd let me know.

Luckily you've picked one of the most available rifles in the world.
My advice is if you can't find one at a local shop, search the internet for a dealer and have it shipped, then pay the transfer fee.
Often you'll still come out ahead of the average gun shop price.
FWIW, if you are really interested in bolt action guns, you should look into getting a C&R license. Not only will it allow you to buy C&R guns cheaply from distributors, but you can also check WTS adds on other forums and get in on great deals where people are getting rid of rifles they don't want anymore.
Today's average 91/30 goes for about $80 depending on condition, handpick fee, accessories included, manufacturer, receiver design (round or hex), I could go on and on.

Yes, Zero Hour has them for 129.95 and they are all hand picked for the best quality. They come with slings and pouches.
Call them, 508-584-0291

Thanks for the tips guys! The hunt for the Red Rifle is now over. I've never seen a 91/30 in this great a shape. Now I just need to hunt down some ammo for it, and get to the range. This is going to be fun.[smile]

Thanks for the tips guys! The hunt for the Red Rifle is now over. I've never seen a 91/30 in this great a shape. Now I just need to hunt down some ammo for it, and get to the range. This is going to be fun.[smile]

Before you shoot it, I'd recommend stripping it down and giving it a good cleaning and lubricating it.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom