• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun Parlor helping the antis..

It seems like there's an opportunity hanging out there around selling bulk ammo in MA. Dunno, maybe I'm going to the wrong shops, except FS who legitimately seems to try to keep ammo prices as low as possible.

If TSUSA had a retail location where I could go in and buy a case of Fiocchi 9mm for a little bit over what I would pay for it online, I would pretty much buy all of my ammo from them all the time. Even if I had to drive a bit, as long as I could buy cases, be assured that they would have all the calibers I want in stock, and maybe there was a little less crowding and insanity then FS...that would be a good deal.

It's just such a pain in the ass to get bulk ammo now. Shooters Outpost is usually good to be able to at least find stuff in bulk, but their prices are high.

I think if they nipped this in the butt asap, it would have been much better for them. We are all in this anti-gun shitshow together. When we attack each other, the liberals win.... And they are winning....

True enough, I really wanted to hear their side of it. Now they are probably too scared to say anything, but that's partly their own fault.

ETA: I think this "effect" is also worse in MA than it is in other places. Various people are "afraid" of MA law, so they're afraid to do anything else but buy from the dealer down the street, its like a blankie or a pacifier to them. The idea of transferring a gun in off gunbroker or facilitating an inbound from a nearby state is pretty much a pant shitting hysterics event for them that they can't wrap their head around and they feel like the waffen SS will come get them if they try to lawfully buy a gun from out of state...

-Mike

Give me Binky, or give me death?

no-one-and-i-mean-no-one-takes-my-binky-thumb.jpg

True enough, I really wanted to hear their side of it. Now they are probably too scared to say anything, but that's partly their own fault.

Think of it this way .
If he allowed Hillary Clinton's campaign to film an anti Trump political ad in his shop and then tried to say he didn't support her, would you buy it ?
No grown assed man in the firearms business in this state could possibly not know the liberal media was there to do a hit piece .
What the actual reasons were is a point of speculation, but it's beside the point because any of them suck.
New laws are coming I promise you , and this piece will play a prominent part in it.

Yup. I was going back and forth with him on one of the Facebook groups. All he kept saying was, "would you rather have had Channel 5 film this at the AG's office?"

Yes in fact , that would have been far better.
Just like they have been using the NRA's stupid statement on bump stocks to ram up our butt's.
"See , even the NRA thinks we need more laws." [banghead] , Now they have a gun shop supporting a for real law banning online sales.

So you are going with it's OK "because they went first", which you edited out of your response. And your reasoning "dimed out Target Sports" is a made up fact since there is absolutely no evidence that this occurred (plenty of speculation).

I condemn GP for all they did and said.
I condemn those engaged in a witch hunt. (BTW: this includes the AG's witch hunt against gun owners)

When exactly is Witch season? And what's the limit?
How does the gun parlor taste?

It seems like there's an opportunity hanging out there around selling bulk ammo in MA. Dunno, maybe I'm going to the wrong shops, except FS who legitimately seems to try to keep ammo prices as low as possible.

If TSUSA had a retail location where I could go in and buy a case of Fiocchi 9mm for a little bit over what I would pay for it online, I would pretty much buy all of my ammo from them all the time. Even if I had to drive a bit, as long as I could buy cases, be assured that they would have all the calibers I want in stock, and maybe there was a little less crowding and insanity then FS...that would be a good deal.

It's just such a pain in the ass to get bulk ammo now. Shooters Outpost is usually good to be able to at least find stuff in bulk, but their prices are high.

Actually, if TSUSA had a brick and mortar in MA, that would allow them to get a dealers license for ammo. Then, as long as they made us provide a copy of our LTCs, they could just ship like they do now. Heck no-one even needs to be in that MA location, it could just be there for the license.

That said, i don't know if the revenue from MA is worth the overhead....

Rino bastards ,I hope all these yuppy snowflakes that are gun owners can keep him in business this like Ted Oven all over again. Your either with us or not I hope he looses his NES membership hell I would even sponsor a few green memberships to see him lose his rat bastard.

42! is a solid dude, more solid than most, we were together at the state house rally post Mora interpretation. Him and his son.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be fair, not stretch truth, lie or rat or witch hunt, but I think that there is more to TGP cooperation than people see. Gut feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, if TSUSA had a brick and mortar in MA, that would allow them to get a dealers license for ammo. Then, as long as they made us provide a copy of our LTCs, they could just ship like they do now. Heck no-one even needs to be in that MA location, it could just be there for the license.

I wander if any dealer wants a franchise? The reality is probably not much money to be made though this way.

He's right you know. "It's OK to lie because antis lie too" doesn't fly. Regardless of what shit antis are pulling they can just point to phoney negative reviews and say "look at these gun owners making stuff up" and they'd be 100% factual.

Stick to facts. Politicians might repeat a lie 100 times and make it stick with their voters but that doesn't make it right.

Too scared? Bull. Partly their own fault? Wow. We are talking about a business. But I sense that you want to treat them with kid gloves and give them a metric ton of deference. Is this part of the morality metric you've launched? Or is there more to it?

The evidence certainly appears damning. Their employees are seemingly digging the hole deeper. Perhaps ask them their side of the story and let NES know. Still won't be the "facts" you are demanding but at least it'll be something interesting to add...

So has the Gun Parlor issued a statement yet?

There's nothing they could do to save themselves. What's the most positive spin they could put on this? "We invited an anti-gun media organization to film in our range but had no idea they'd do something harmful to gun owners?" I'd like to see that just to hear the laughter.

Yea, that's definitely the big question. They could probably corner the market if they did, even with a small markup to maintain the location, though. As long as the prices were good I think people would probably come from a reasonable distance. Shit, I was looking to see if they had a retail location in CT!

They wouldn't even necessarily have to keep anything in stock - place an order on their site, it's shipped to their MA location, you show up and have your LTC xeroxed and you're on your way.

I wander if any dealer wants a franchise? The reality is probably not much money to be made though this way.

I've been giving it a lot of thought about how a small time FFL could work with a large supplier, not as a franchise, but some kind of relationship, that would allow bulk orders at near online prices, without getting the AG's panties in a knot. Now all I need is a location and an FFL.

And my comment about the AG's panties isn't sexist because I'd say the same thing regardless of whether it was a male or female AG. Maura, it's a common expression, get over it. [smile]

Yea, that's definitely the big question. They could probably corner the market if they did, even with a small markup to maintain the location, though. As long as the prices were good I think people would probably come from a reasonable distance. Shit, I was looking to see if they had a retail location in CT!

They wouldn't even necessarily have to keep anything in stock - place an order on their site, it's shipped to their MA location, you show up and have your LTC xeroxed and you're on your way.

I wonder if they could simply partner with a local FFL?
I drive to NYC/Philly once every month or two. If they had in store pickup/ storefront it would be really easy to swing by and load up on the way home.

I've been giving it a lot of thought about how a small time FFL could work with a large supplier, not as a franchise, but some kind of relationship, that would allow bulk orders at near online prices, without getting the AG's panties in a knot. Now all I need is a location and an FFL.

And my comment about the AG's panties isn't sexist because I'd say the same thing regardless of whether it was a male or female AG. Maura, it's a common expression, get over it. [smile]

Want to really get her panties in a knot?

Open a store just across the MA/NH border and call it 'State Line Ammo'[banana][banana][banana]

TSUSA is doing just that. Go on the site and try to order. It will ask for a FFL near you based on your zip code. I contacted the FFL TSUSA had for me and he is looking into it. FFL needs to know if the ammo has to be taxed which adds a whole new element to the partnership with TSUSA.

TSUSA is doing just that. Go on the site and try to order. It will ask for a FFL near you based on your zip code. I contacted the FFL TSUSA had for me and he is looking into it. FFL needs to know if the ammo has to be taxed which adds a whole new element to the partnership with TSUSA.

Ammo shouldn't be taxed since you're not buying from the FFL. The FFL is only collecting a $5 fee for holding the package for you. You're supposed to report your out of state purchases on your yearly IRS tax returns and so the state gets their taxes.

Last edited:
Want to really get her panties in a knot?

Open a store just across the MA/NH border and call it 'State Line Ammo'[banana][banana][banana]

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Open a store called "Gunz and Ammo" on rt9 in Natick at Sherwood Plaza [devil][pot]

They're a shipping agent. UPS doesn't collect taxes, why should you. No money exchanges hands. FFL gets paid by TSUSA. The sale clearly occurred out of state. (I told you I've been thinking about this). If someone does this, remember where the idea came from. [smile]

OK, I didn't include all the little details that will make this work.

Exactly. Not taxed. Here we go again. Is no different than when you transfer in a gun from say AIM Surplus. All they charge you is the transfer fee. No state tax.

Back
Top Bottom