The Gun Parlor helping the antis..

The Gun Parlor fought through a hostile and arduous permitting process in 2015 to open their larger store and range, with lots of local opposition, a discussion here on NES:

NES members were commendably supportive of their efforts.

Judging from the Web site, the range looks beautiful and welcoming, https://thegunparlorrange.com/, offers a nice variety of classes including introductory licensing sessions. It's in the heart of New England's second-largest city, brings more people into the 2A tent with us.

They've put up with anti- agitating:

I have been a customer at their old location a couple times, received fair and professional treatment, would shop there again. I don't know Mr. Gabriel.

Having watched the Ch. 5 video a few times, Mr. Gabriel does not make reference to online ammunition sales. The reporter asks him what's required of a customer who purchases ammo in the store. He responds, accurately, that a customer needs an LTC or FID. What's unknown is the basis upon which the reporter approached him initially. I have some professional experience with media. Sometimes, a reporter conceals from an interviewee the true nature of the story being concocted. Here, for example, the reporter might have approached Mr. Gabriel in a friendly way, said simply that she had heard good things about the store and range, and asked if she could stop in to learn more about them for a possible feature story. The prospect of positive publicity appeals to a business. Mr. Gabriel might have had no idea that the reporter was doing a story about online ammo sales. In that case, Mr. Gabriel was taken advantage of. Some might say he could have been more careful in interacting with the media, or even have declined the apparent favorable publicity, but those aren't the same as acting in bad faith to hurt Mass. gun owners. To the extent that the TV story ends up impinging upon an out-of-state vendor and their customers, and then whips up a backlash that gets us to eat our own and hurt The Gun Parlor store and range, the effort scores a two-fer against us. On the other hand, if it comes to light that Mr. Gabriel knew full well in advance the nature of the reporter's angle, that would of course be another matter.

This was already mentioned previously, and it's apparent that TGP did not simply get misled by WCVB. They let them use their indoor range to film the segment, complete with a variety of ammo set up ominously on the bench and silhouette targets in the background. There is no possible way that they would not have overheard what the reporter was saying for the recording. Also, they did not go to any effort to make a public statement, and deleted or closed down their comments and reviews sections on social media when people started posting negative reviews in regard to what happened. When this happened to MFS last year they made a statement explaining that the journalist had manipulated the interview into an anti2A piece. TGP has not even bothered to defend themselves from the allegations.

This was already mentioned previously, and it's apparent that TGP did not simply get misled by WCVB. They let them use their indoor range to film the segment, complete with a variety of ammo set up ominously on the bench and silhouette targets in the background. There is no possible way that they would not have overheard what the reporter was saying for the recording. Also, they did not go to any effort to make a public statement, and deleted or closed down their comments and reviews sections on social media when people started posting negative reviews in regard to what happened. When this happened to MFS last year they made a statement explaining that the journalist had manipulated the interview into an anti2A piece. TGP has not even bothered to defend themselves from the allegations.

This.

Also, purposefully deleting negative reviews sans explanation.

Also, story was out 11/9, it’s now 11/12 and not even so much as a mouse fart in their defense.

The inside view explanation Roy Rogers is appreciated, but no one with a successful business can be this naïve with this much lack of foresight.

Finally, @ 1:36 you hear her voice echoing in the range which suggests that it was recorded live and on location. What she’s saying makes it obvious that TGP knew what she was saying.

https://youtu.be/jXFtDljYuQI

I’m not buying excuses such as “the owner was in the bathroom and didn’t know this was being recorded” or “he didn’t know” or “he wasn’t there.” BS, strangers come in to your business to film , you’re going to make damn sure you’re there to avoid any liabilities or accidents while they record.

Last edited:
Reading the full AOD that TGP signed was interesting. They listed violations of 940 CMR 16.x relative to notification of limitations in accuracy of handguns with barrel length less than 3”. The examples were all from two handguns, the sig p238 and the Ruger lcr. The p238 has a 2.7” barrel. While for the rest of the world the LCR has a barrel length of 1.89”, in MA it is over 3”. MGL chp 140 sec 121 defines barrel length to include the chamber. For a revolver the chamber is the cylinder. No revolver has a barrel length of under 3” per MA law definition of barrel length.

Willful inaccuracy by the AGO or ignorance?

Did TGP not have a lawyer? There are significant other inaccuracies and issues with the AOD that any competent attorney could/should have dealt with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they are probably guilty of not much more than being naive. But we eat our own. Ymmv.

Mike

GMAFB, Mike. You are smarter than this. Go back and watch the segment again, and again, and once more after that. Then come back here and tell us we're just "being NES eating our own again".

Yeah, I've seen that happen before around here... not this time. This rotten onion has many layers.

Last edited:
I know you know better. But honestly does it f-ing matter. In 95% of the other states in this union Americans can buy ammo online. Healey hates the constitution, and she hates freedom. Channel 5 is in her back pocket.

Isn’t that former douche that ran against Baker a legal consultant for channel 5

Anyone else struggling with someone buying ammo online without a license? I don't even believe that. Have they provided evidence of it?
Why are we in the state of mASSachusetts deprived of a liberty, that other Americans have? Surely in court this would be a slam dunk.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going by the gun parlor tonight to buy Like $1,000 in ammo. They are the best shop in the. State.
Good for you enjoy your ammo. [rolleyes]

The Gun Parlor fought through a hostile and arduous permitting process in 2015 to open their larger store and range, with lots of local opposition, a discussion here on NES:

NES members were commendably supportive of their efforts.

Judging from the Web site, the range looks beautiful and welcoming, https://thegunparlorrange.com/, offers a nice variety of classes including introductory licensing sessions. It's in the heart of New England's second-largest city, brings more people into the 2A tent with us.

They've put up with anti- agitating:

I have been a customer at their old location a couple times, received fair and professional treatment, would shop there again. I don't know Mr. Gabriel.

Having watched the Ch. 5 video a few times, Mr. Gabriel does not make reference to online ammunition sales. The reporter asks him what's required of a customer who purchases ammo in the store. He responds, accurately, that a customer needs an LTC or FID. What's unknown is the basis upon which the reporter approached him initially. I have some professional experience with media. Sometimes, a reporter conceals from an interviewee the true nature of the story being concocted. Here, for example, the reporter might have approached Mr. Gabriel in a friendly way, said simply that she had heard good things about the store and range, and asked if she could stop in to learn more about them for a possible feature story. The prospect of positive publicity appeals to a business. Mr. Gabriel might have had no idea that the reporter was doing a story about online ammo sales. In that case, Mr. Gabriel was taken advantage of. Some might say he could have been more careful in interacting with the media, or even have declined the apparent favorable publicity, but those aren't the same as acting in bad faith to hurt Mass. gun owners. To the extent that the TV story ends up impinging upon an out-of-state vendor and their customers, and then whips up a backlash that gets us to eat our own and hurt The Gun Parlor store and range, the effort scores a two-fer against us. On the other hand, if it comes to light that Mr. Gabriel knew full well in advance the nature of the reporter's angle, that would of course be another matter.

Sorry , in this case I'm not buying it.
There never has been nor will there ever be a Boston media outlet that has done ANYTHING 2A positive.
Especially channel 5.
Bill Fine is the biggest anti freedom suck ass shill walking the planet and the only way you could not know any of this is to be living under a rock your whole life.
I don't think this is the case with TGP.
If the media in this state walks into your store it's to do a hit piece on gun owners, no if ands or buts.
And if patterns play out as they have been , it's being done ahead of some new legislation coming down the pipe to garner public support.
Channel 5 is the propaganda wing of the Democratic party in this state.

Your not eating your own when they turn on you first.

Leaving faceplant messages is a waste of time, because they'll just censor them anyways.

-Mike

MikeyP,
Your a ok with me![grin]

Never be back down when your right![wink]

Let's think about this..
The media in MA wants to come into my shop and do a piece on ammo purchases.
Let's see.. Some free publicity and a bunch of honest reporting..
What could possibly go wrong?[rofl]

You lost me at media...[angry]

Last edited:
Leaving faceplant messages is a waste of time, because they'll just censor them anyways.

-Mike

Sometimes it's not just about pissing on someone like channel 5(which is still fun even if for a little while) sometimes it's also reaching those few people who don't know or understand and may want to pay attention to what's going on.

Also, sometimes I just like to rustle jimmies, you should know that by now lol

Last edited:
Bill Fine is the biggest anti freedom suck ass shill walking the planet and the only way you could not know any of this is to be living under a rock your whole life.
Requoted for truth. If anything, this is an understatement. [thinking]

... along with the Globe and every other TV station in this wretched town. 5 is just the worst. [hmmm]

Sorry , in this case I'm not buying it.
There never has been nor will there ever be a Boston media outlet that has done ANYTHING 2A positive.
Especially channel 5.
I don't think this is the case with TGP.
If the media in this state walks into your store it's to do a hit piece on gun owners, no if ands or buts.
And if patterns play out as they have been , it's being done ahead of some new legislation coming down the pipe to garner public support.

Your not eating your own when they turn on you first.

It’s easy to see how a business owner around here might rationalize the decision in order to get a little free airtime and publicity. It’s almost shockingly stupid to invite the media in this particular case, but who knows what was going through their head.

I think they are probably guilty of not much more than being naive. But we eat our own. Ymmv.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We're well past naive as bieng a valid excuse in this state. We all know where the Boston media stands on guns. They would either have to be complete morons or in on it, and the latter seems more likely.

Last edited:

-Mike

True. Same thing for Yelp. The best place to leave a negative review is google maps.

Any time someone does a google search for them to find directions, or whatever, the reviews are front and center, and GP has no control over removing them as long as they are based in fact.

The negative review should be directed towards their obscene prices, or rude staff (if that's true), and not towards the hit piece they did on TS (which would likely get flagged and deleted).

-Mark

attachment.php

Attachments

• GP.jpg
    GP.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 424

Mike

On its face? sure. Problem is it's a bit mind numbing for a shop with an operation that large (any shop that adds a range to its repetoire is pretty much "one of the bigs" by default, firmly part of the "top 10" class. ) ... That someone with a stake that big would be that stupid... I mean what were they doing, taking a nap on 7/20? Did they not see what happened to MFS with their media fiasco? Are they blind? Did they hide in a bunker on or after 7/20? [laugh] Cwithe.

That's why people in this thread are trending towards "naive + a dash of something else, greed perhaps? (free advertising?) " vs just simply being naive. Not to mention the lack of response speaks volumes. Not even a "sorry guys, we ****ed up, this is what we were told, but this is what actually happened, so on etc". Like I said earlier though, they probably just don't care... "internet gun people" are probably not their primary customer demographic. They're probably targeting those people trapped in those centma towns that aren't off of a highway. High concentration of lazebags that don't like driving very far. (I grew up in MA and I still haven't figured this phenomena out- a substantial number of people in this state think that 25 miles is "far" - some douche in an FB thread yesterday was defending TBP going "half of you guys bashing TBP live more than 25 miles away!!!" as if it's unconscionable that someone would drive a half an hour or so to get to a gun store... when I read that comment, I just about facepalmed...

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom