The Army has Charged Bowe Bergdahl with Desertion,

cliche NES user demands more violence for X reason to solve Y problem to prove Z point.
It is absolutely not to prove a point. Desertion is unacceptable, period. The sentence for leaving your post, turning your back on your brothers, and conspiring with the enemy, should be a dirt nap.

It is absolutely not to prove a point. Desertion is unacceptable, period. The sentence for leaving your post, turning your back on your brothers, and conspiring with the enemy, should be a dirt nap.

This would be my choice for him. A very bare minimum should be 20 yrs in prison. But considering people died looking for him, many more wounded, the mission were scraped and everything stopped to look for him.

The guys over there said (many if not all of them), once he deserted, the attacks on their convoys, bases, etc. increased and it seemed like they had intel on their defenses. They all believe Bergdahl gave them info for those attacks. He deserted to the enemy and the deaths and injuries cannot be undone. He needs to pay severely for what he brought.

- - - Updated - - -

He can answer questions about the history of Islam from memory without an issue.

Evil is about perspective. To the Islamists, he's not evil at all.

Remember he called the taliban 'folks' and won't say anything negative about islam or the child rapist also known as the prophet mohammed.

For the record, these are the guys Obama illegally released in exchange for Bergdahl:

• Mohammad Fazl – Fazl served as Chief of Staff of the Taliban Army. He was associated with terrorist groups opposing US and Coalition forces. According to documents from the Joint Task Force Guantánamo, Fazl is "wanted by the UN for possible War crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiites". The document stated Fazl has become a recruiting symbol for the Taliban.
  • Khairullah Khairkhwa – Khairkhwa was the interior minister under the Taliban. He helped found the Taliban in 1994. He was directly associated with Osama Bin Laden and Taliban Supreme Commander Mullah Muhammad Omar. Likely involved with militant training, he was also "a narcotics trafficker and probably used his position and influences to become one of the major opium drug lords in Western Afghanistan", and probably used profits from drugs to promote Taliban interests.
  • Norullah Noori – Nori served as the governor of Balkh and Laghman provinces in the Taliban regime. He was a senior Taliban military commander in Mazar-e-Sharif. Nori is "wanted by the United Nations for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiite Muslims" along with Fazl. According to Barnett Rubin, they were "responsible for ethno-sectarian massacres in northern Afghanistan" along with their enemies.
  • Mohammed Nabi Omari – Nabi was the Taliban's chief of communications. Nabi had "operational ties to Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) groups including al-Qaida, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin". He also "maintained weapons caches and facilitated the smuggling of fighters and weapons".
  • Abdul Haq Wasiq – Wasiq was deputy chief of the Taliban regime's intelligence service. Wasiq had direct access to Taliban and Hezb-e-Islarni Gulbuddin leaders, and was "central to the Taliban’s efforts to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups to fight alongside the Taliban against US and Coalition forces after the 11 September 2001 attacks".

There is only one punishment for desertion in combat in time of war: death. The Army hasn't exercised this option since Pvt Eddie Slovik in WWII when they wanted to make an example and he was probably the wrong choice. Plenty of people have deserted since and have not been executed. Probably many of you don't recall Marine PFC Robert Garwood who may or may not have been captured but who definitely collaborated on Viet Nam and may have actually been involved in firefights against US Forces according to eye witnesses. He stayed behind after the war. When he finally returned, he was acquitted of the most serious charges and got a DD with no prison time.

Bergdahl is am embarrassment for the Obama admin and the Army because it was never spun right from the get-go. Best thing that could have happened was for everybody would have had him die in captivity. Too bad our Intell folks couldn't find him to make that happen. Once that problem went away there would have been all those dark rumors and I suppose he would have been proclaimed a hero, but from a pragmatic point of view, much easier to deal with.

I'd be more comfortable with a better source of info on this too.

Nobody is ever going to get the satisfaction they want nor will Justice be served. In an effort to avoid harsh criticism of previous POW issues by past administrations, this one went out of its way and since it is run by incompetent buffoons who overestimate their own cleverness have created what amounts to a public relations quagmire and that's what's driving the train. Obama is no closet Muslim, simply a dude who is out of his league. A non Stalinist Marxist who is trying to apply the lessons learned as a community activist to the world stage, and he doesn't have the chops. His advisors are moonbats who represent the finest that Cambridge, Berkeley, New Haven have to offer. Out of touch with the middle class, the wealthy power elites in this country really don't care as long as they make money...and guess what? They are making money...oh sure lots of them prefer Republicans but at the end of the day it's all about the money, always has been, always will be.

cliche NES user demands more violence for X reason to solve Y problem to prove Z point.

Actually, a Death Sentence is called for in the case of desertion by the UCMJ, as opposed to some douchebag's algebra equation. Doubt it? I have three words for you: Eddie F*cking Slovik.

Last edited:
Actually, a Death Sentence is called for in the case of desertion by the UCMJ, as opposed to some douchebag algebra equation. Doubt it? I have three words for you: Eddie F*cking Slovik.

if he wanted to quit the military, all he had to do was come back to the US on leave and not go back. Happens all the time. But desertion from your unit over to the enemy is treasonous and anything less than a firing squad is unacceptable.

I'd do the math on that one but the = is one less piss hole in the snow that that piece of garbage Bergdahl is.

Tonight on the The O’Reilly Factor Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer (Ret.) told Bill that sources from the Pentagon have confirmed that Army Private First Class Bowe Bergdahl has been charged with Article 85 Desertion of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and will advance to an Article 32 hearing forthwith.

Oh, so he's a Private again, all the prior news reports I've heard up until now referred to him as "Sergeant Bergdahl".
So does that mean he only gets the back pay at a Privates pay grade instead of a Sergeants pay grade ??? [rolleyes]

For the record, these are the guys Obama illegally released in exchange for Bergdahl:

• Mohammad Fazl – Fazl served as Chief of Staff of the Taliban Army. He was associated with terrorist groups opposing US and Coalition forces. According to documents from the Joint Task Force Guantánamo, Fazl is "wanted by the UN for possible War crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiites". The document stated Fazl has become a recruiting symbol for the Taliban.
  • Khairullah Khairkhwa – Khairkhwa was the interior minister under the Taliban. He helped found the Taliban in 1994. He was directly associated with Osama Bin Laden and Taliban Supreme Commander Mullah Muhammad Omar. Likely involved with militant training, he was also "a narcotics trafficker and probably used his position and influences to become one of the major opium drug lords in Western Afghanistan", and probably used profits from drugs to promote Taliban interests.
  • Norullah Noori – Nori served as the governor of Balkh and Laghman provinces in the Taliban regime. He was a senior Taliban military commander in Mazar-e-Sharif. Nori is "wanted by the United Nations for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiite Muslims" along with Fazl. According to Barnett Rubin, they were "responsible for ethno-sectarian massacres in northern Afghanistan" along with their enemies.
  • Mohammed Nabi Omari – Nabi was the Taliban's chief of communications. Nabi had "operational ties to Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) groups including al-Qaida, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin". He also "maintained weapons caches and facilitated the smuggling of fighters and weapons".
  • Abdul Haq Wasiq – Wasiq was deputy chief of the Taliban regime's intelligence service. Wasiq had direct access to Taliban and Hezb-e-Islarni Gulbuddin leaders, and was "central to the Taliban’s efforts to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups to fight alongside the Taliban against US and Coalition forces after the 11 September 2001 attacks".

Barack Hussein Obama - did his friends a solid.

Uhh... You guys do know that the Army hasn't really filed charges?

When they do charge him, it'll be a top story all over the place. It won't be some commentary piece by a retired O5 that nobody's ever heard of.

Oh, so he's a Private again, all the prior news reports I've heard up until now referred to him as "Sergeant Bergdahl".
So does that mean he only gets the back pay at a Privates pay grade instead of a Sergeants pay grade ??? [rolleyes]

When the upped his rank after he came back, that and the sh!t show at the white house with that cowards asshat father looking like a pedophile prophet speaking

He does like to refer to them as 'folks' so yeah he helped his bud's out.

bergdahl_zpsilooerkj.jpg

From what I read and infer - the military has found cause to proceed to the next step, but the higher ups (Generals) have gotten a call from the Whitehouse not to do anything unless approved.

This is why the delay - I'm not even sure they will get to the next step - unless some other major thing happens that 0bama needs to divert attention from.

A few months ago I found out that using the president's middle name or even middle initial means that you're a right-wing birther. Thank you, PC army, for informing me that I think Obama is Kenyan - this whole time I thought I didn't care about the birther "debate" but apparently I do. Go figure.

A few months ago I found out that using the president's middle name or even middle initial means that you're a right-wing birther. Thank you, PC army, for informing me that I think Obama is Kenyan - this whole time I thought I didn't care about the birther "debate" but apparently I do. Go figure.

He should be proud of where he is from.

Actually, a Death Sentence is called for in the case of desertion by the UCMJ, as opposed to some douchebag's algebra equation. Doubt it? I have three words for you: Eddie F*cking Slovik.

When was the last time the .mil executed someone? 40 years ago?

When was the last time the .mil executed someone? 40 years ago?

The last time was 70 years ago in 1945,(Pvt. Eddie Slovik). He was a shithead, like Bergdahl, that refused to fight and deserted while other men stood up and did their duty. F*ck Slovik, and F*ck Bergdahl.

- - - Updated - - -

So why would they execute this clown when they havent done it for that long?

He'll never get close to an execution.

You OBVIOUSLY never served in the military if you have to ask that question...

The last time was 70 years ago in 1945,(Pvt. Eddie Slovik). He was a shithead, like Bergdahl, that refused to fight and deserted while other men stood up and did their duty. F*ck Slovik, and F*ck Bergdahl. - - - Updated - - - You OBVIOUSLY never served in the military if you have to ask that question...

There's a lot more to the Slovik story and believe me Dench did his time and then some.

There's a lot more to the Slovik story and believe me Dench did his time and then some.

I am very well versed in the Slovik story, and if Drench did serve, then he of all people should know why it's important to squash wartime deserters like the slimy bugs that they are.

I am very well versed in the Slovik story, and if Drench did serve, then he of all people should know why it's important to squash wartime deserters like the slimy bugs that they are.

The .mil hasnt executed anyone since the 1960's. I don't see any reason why they would start up enough executions to end up getting to our favorite Afghan vet.

I doubt Hassan will get executed, and that guys a real piece of shit. Never mind people like Bowe.

The .mil hasnt executed anyone since the 1960's. I don't see any reason why they would start up enough executions to end up getting to our favorite Afghan vet.

I doubt Hassan will get executed, and that guys a real piece of shit. Never mind people like Bowe.

Again, point completely missed. The executions before and after Slovik were for crimes such as murder, rape,etc. Slovik's execution in 1945 was the last for a breach of military conduct,ie: desertion in the face of the enemy. Bergdahl did the same thing, and should suffer the same fate.

Well if you are well versed in the Slovik story you know that he was the only soldier executed for desertion since the Civil War. During WW2 21,000 Americans were court martialed for desertion and 49 were sentenced to death. Only Slovik was actually executed solely for the crime of desertion.

This would seem to fly in the face of your assertion that out of all the deserters since 1941 only one has been executed solely for the crime of desertion. There have been executions but those have been for the offenses of rape and murder. The service member may have deserted prior to apprehension but that is not the crime they were executed for.

Slovik was banking on the fact that he would get a DD and prison time like everybody else in the 28th Division. He figured that the prison time would be commuted at the end of the war which it probably was for most deserters. Most were most likely out of prison by 1950 at the very latest. He was a petty career criminal with a long record. Initially he was declared 4F unfit for military service because of his criminal record. Later he was reclassified and he got caught in the meat grinder of 1944 when standards really got low and they were drafting anybody. I'm not apologizing for Slovik, but this guy should have never been in the Army to begin with. Something you all volunteer guys don't totally get is that with the draft you go, no choice. All too often marginal people get in and it's a lose-lose for the Army and the individual. Can't compare Slovik to Bergdahl, Bergdahl was a volunteer, Slovik was a dumbshit who had no business being there to begin with. Unless you ever were in a draft military or faced being drafted, you'll never quite get the mindset and frankly Corporal Bendad I can't really explain it to you, it's a mindset that you had to be there to fully understand. If everybody who deserted was executed I'd get your point, but one guy in over 150 years for desertion...I'm not getting your point unless you are one of those should guys. Me, I live in the real world and served in both the draft military and the all volunteer force.

Again, poin
t completely missed. The executions before and after Slovik were for crimes such as murder, rape,etc. Slovik's execution in 1945 was the last for a breach of military conduct,ie: desertion in the face of the enemy. Bergdahl did the same thing, and should suffer the same fate.

He did the same thing, but we are in a different time. Our military, executing someone in 2015? Never happen. He will get an other than honorable discharge, and slink silently away. Our military has been neutered, and we can blame the top downf or that, but its irrelevant. The US citizens wont stand for an execution for desertion.

Back
Top Bottom