• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 1911 will not be down for breakfast: Iconic Weapon Retired from USMC After a Century in Service

Reptile

NES Member
The firearm that “won two world wars” has reached the end of its service with the U.S. military.

Marine Corps Systems Command confirmed with The Drive in June that the Colt M1911 had been withdrawn from service. The Marine Corps had been the last branch to use the handgun.

Continues...

Even the Marines don't want this old relic.

Well with the woke military, and lower physical and drug requirements to meet recruitment goals, what makes them think there are enough real men in the ranks to continue using the 45. Now the trannies and ladies can blend right in with the rest of the 9 shooters, in fact, most of the time you can’t tell the difference.

had one in mint condition, refinished , with a little corrosion on one side way back paid $350 bayonet $3 got a good offer, now i wished i never sold it, Cimmaron arms is planning to make a nice repro

There have been reproductions over the years. Not sure why they ever stopped, most were high quality.

Cimmaron used to import an 1897.

So the Marines didn’t switch over to the M9 in the 80’s, or did they use both up until now?

Well with the woke military, and lower physical and drug requirements to meet recruitment goals, what makes them think there are enough real men in the ranks to continue using the 45. Now the trannies and ladies can blend right in with the rest of the 9 shooters, in fact, most of the time you can’t tell the difference.

they lack the hand and wrist strength to clear the jams

Somewhere there is still a fat guy in a gun shop, wearing work pants (that he blasted about 4800 farts thru) and red suspenders, that talked about this for an hour today. "Dis us only temporary. U watch, the millutary cubical unit 492 gunna bring back the 1911. Kimber building it for em! My son's buddy knows someone in cubical 492 at ft bragg. " 🤣

Somewhere there is still a fat guy in a gun shop, wearing work pants (that he blasted about 4800 farts thru) and red suspenders, that talked about this for an hour today. "Dis us only temporary. U watch, the millutary cubical unit 492 gunna bring back the 1911. Kimber building it for em! My son's buddy knows someone in cubical 492 at ft bragg. " 🤣
And behind that guy there is someone like me pissed off because all I want is to give the shop $1500 and walk away, but I can't.

Back
Top Bottom