Thats new!

kurtb

NES Member
I just stopped at the local PD station to pick up an FA-10 for one of our NES buddies and they asked me for my drivers license so they could log the fact that they gave me the form. They have never asked for that in the past...is it standard practice to log who they give the FA-10 forms out to? I can deal with it of course, but I would think it might make more sense to ask for your LTC or FID than my drivers license.

wtf?

not like we already didn't have to be interviewed, fingerprinted, photographed, have to showcase our skills as a writer, had three friends showcase their ability, and FINALLY cavity searched.

now we have to show our papers for a FA-10, too?

So - I guess I should be pissed off. hmmmm.... I thought it was fishy.

I picked up some last week, I had to ask for them and all I was asked was " How many do you want?".

When I went to get some from my PD the guy behind the glass said, "Here's a few more just in case." Gotta love a green town!

I'm in a green town - very green. Maybe the guy behind the counter was new or something - he was very polite and just said they needed to log who they gave out forms to. I said "okay" - its not as if was put out by it. I'm not gonna worry about it too much. I have never ever had any problem with any of the LEO in this town and actually find them all very pleasant and reasonable. I am freinds with a few of them and the town next door, we often talk about what our carry guns are and the pros and cons of them (they all seem to like Glocks). I live in Mendon by the way - way out there with cows and stuff.

Not pissed - just curious I guess. I thought maybe there was some new state level mandate about it. Now if THAT were the case, I would start raising some ire'.[smile]

I'm in a green town - very green. Maybe the guy behind the counter was new or something - he was very polite and just said they needed to log who they gave out forms to. I said "okay" - its not as if was put out by it. I'm not gonna worry about it too much. I have never ever had any problem with any of the LEO in this town and actually find them all very pleasant and reasonable. I am freinds with a few of them and the town next door, we often talk about what our carry guns are and the pros and cons of them (they all seem to like Glocks). I live in Mendon by the way - way out there with cows and stuff.

Not pissed - just curious I guess. I thought maybe there was some new state level mandate about it. Now if THAT were the case, I would start raising some ire'.[smile]

That is definitely weird. I stoped going to the Uxbridge PD for them as they ran out a while ago and haven't ordered any new ones. I grabbed a couple from Milford last month and they didn't ask for my Id.

That's pretty gay.....our town keeps them in a stack in the lobby. No interaction needed.

I guess I would have asked why? Maybe it's a common sense thing, maybe not......

Interesting,asked a relitive to pick up an FA 10 last week
And th desk sgt told her she needed an ltc. Gotta love the cops who do not know the law.

Possibly a budget thing? They have to pay for the forms. Maybe they are making sure you are a local.

But yes, odd.

PDs and mere citizens do NOT have to pay for them . . . it's paid for by the LTC/FID fees and taxes.

My best guess is that their chief wants TOTAL ACCOUNTABILITY for the dispatcher's time, logging every interaction and thing they do. Probably have to account for "rest marks" too (ask a Submariner to explain that one to you [laugh] )! [thinking]

I know (from listening to scanner) that our PD logs EVERY citizen interaction, no matter how mundane.

Maybe they want to check with the CHSB if you register a firearm within the time frame reguired by law?
They may be assuming that since you asked for the forms you have a firearm(s) to register and by logging in the day you picked up the form it could lead to some questions.
You never know what they are up to in this state.

I don't know about other PD's but the Gardner one is something else. The dispatchers are being 2 inch bullet proof glass....why?

Cops are riding around in ford tin cans but the dispatchers are safe!

I don't know about other PD's but the Gardner one is something else. The dispatchers are being 2 inch bullet proof glass....why?

Because whenever someone has a beef with the police, they dont chase down police cars - they drive to the police station and start shooting it up.

Well at least when you guys go to your PD and ask for an FA-10 form your not told and I quote: "We don't have any here, your going to have to call and schedule an appointment with the licensing officer" and this was after I told him that I wanted an FA-10 form and got the WTF look. So I dumb it down for him and told him it was a Firearms Registration form, just to have him ruffle through a stack of papers and try to hand me some other kind of application form.

There is no way in hell I'm taking time/wasting lunch time to go and get forms that should be readily available, not to mention the possibility the meeting could be further out than 7 days and I needed the form before that.

The NBPD is like that as well, have the metal teller draw and everything.

Back
Top Bottom