That time again,,, 10 November, 2010

TheWookie

Banned
I know it is early, but I just received my invite card in the mail and those tables fill up quickly, so I want to get this out there.

The Marine Corps Birthday Celebration will be held again this year at the New Boston Convention Center, on the Marine Corps Birthday -- 10 November.

Celebrating 235 years of service to this great country.

The guest of honor will be the newly selected Commandant of the Marine Corps -- General James F. Amos.

$85 per man (first price increase in ten years) includes lunch, commemorative shirt or hat, commemorative glass, and a great time with 1,500 or so other Marines.

This will be my 6th year going and each year is better than the last.

If you are interested in going, mail your checks to: Semper Fidelis Society of Boston, 43 Hawkins Street, Boston, MA 02114.

Deadline for ticket purchase is 10/1/10.

Semper Fi -- and see you there!

Sorry that I missed the cut off date.In 1991 I belonged to the now defuct Marine Corps.Old Guard.Mostly World War Two vets.We were lucky enough to have had Gunnery Sgt .Carlos Hathcock and his wife Joe(Josephine ) as our guest speaker.The membership increased 300 % that year.

Sorry that I missed the cut off date.In 1991 I belonged to the now defuct Marine Corps.Old Guard.Mostly World War Two vets.We were lucky enough to have had Gunnery Sgt .Carlos Hathcock and his wife Joe(Josephine ) as our guest speaker.The membership increased 300 % that year.

If you want to go, I am meeting ten other guys at the Bertucci's parking lot in Hingham on the 10th, at 10:30am. I have seen them allow walkin's before, so if you really want to go, bring a check for $85 -- made payable to the Boston Semper Fidelis Society, and we''ll give you a ride.

Gunny was a good man, and his wife deserves a lot of credit for keeping him active over the years; I sat with Gunny and his wife a few times at their kitchen table in VA Beach before Gunny passed.

Semper Fi

I wish i didnt have to work!!!!!

There is always next year,,, I was out with my wife tonight and I met a Marine that's going on Wednesday; the new Commandant of the Marine Corps is the guest speaker.

I can't wait... here is General Conway speaking last year

Last edited by a moderator:
In 07, before I went to boot, they had the group of us go in and swear in in front of the Commandant. It was a pretty crazy setup they had going on.

Mike

In 07, before I went to boot, they had the group of us go in and swear in in front of the Commandant. It was a pretty crazy setup they had going on.

Mike

Really, interesting,, you should go to the luncheon next year. I've gone to the past 7 so I was there for that one in 07. They do it every year, yesterday they swore in about 20 future Jarheads. Unfortunately, the Commandant couldn't make it because he was busy in DC, but the ACOMC was there and he swore them in.

Gonna be "out of town" next year unfortunately, or fortunately. I do intend to start going to those luncheons at some point, and I'll give you a heads up before I do. Right now I'm out in Amherst at school and I have to juggle my ball, my girlfriends ball, and our annual Umass Marine Corps Birthday celebration (not affiliated with the school) all around the same time.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom