• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

That Strange Feeling When Every Gun is Clean

When I'm in the mood I really like to clean my Glock after lots of rounds.

The breech part of the barrel is the only difficult part after about 1500 rounds.

There are a couple of spots that need to be scraped with a dental pick or a Glock tool.

The rest of the fouling on a Glock just wipes away if you previously applied Frog Lube.

AR's are fun to clean also.

Except for the top of the bolt above the gas rings. I hate to clean that part.
Also a challenge is the AR's star chamber but I have star chamber cleaning pads which is essential.

It is great using Frog Lube on guns since it is non toxic. (scented coconut oil)

Now which one you gonna get dirty first?
The only real problem with having lots of guns is that if you want to shoot them all you going to have to do lots of cleaning.
I can only clean about 6-7 guns in a sitting before I start getting punchy.

Now which one you gonna get dirty first?
The only real problem with having lots of guns is that if you want to shoot them all you going to have to do lots of cleaning.
I can only clean about 6-7 guns in a sitting before I start getting punchy.

Unless I get into the shit and need to defend myself my M&P 9mm full size will be first when I shoot S&W IDPA Indoor Nationals next Wednesday.

I seldom have that feeling. But when I do, it is kind of like stepping back and looking at the room you just painted. Then the dog and the kids run in.....

That's great, but how about that feeling when every single piece of brass is cleaned, prepped appropriately and stored away?

My S&W 617 is probably my most fun gun to shoot but I always dread cleaning it. Sure does feel good when it is done though!

I will never experience that feeling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the opposite experience just last night. I pulled out my VP9 to carry it around the house while I worked from home yesterday, and last night before I went to bed I did some dry fire practice. After ejecting the magazine and racking the slide to remove the round in the chamber, I did a physical finger check and noticed I had some residue on my finger when I pulled it out of the chamber. I threw the takedown lever and slide the slide off to find the rails were stupidly dirty.

I can't for the life of me remember firing the gun since the last time I cleaned it. [thinking] I always clean everything after going to the range. Always. I remember firing this gun about 3 weeks ago, bringing it home, cleaning it, and sticking it back in the safe. I even remember the times that I've carried it--not many since I usually carry my PM9 instead. Pocket carry is much easier for me.

Looks like I'll be doing the cleaning marathon tonight, too, since now I'm paranoid about the state of my guns. Must. Have. Clean. Guns!

for my carry piece I clean it just before I go to the range. I don't clean it again until just before I go to the range again because I know that it was working properly after the last time I used it.. So I leave well enough alone until I go to the range. This way the odds are in my favor that it will work flawlessly if I need it for an emergency.

All other guns I clean right after.....most of the time....lol

Carry guns are the only ones I worry about keeping squeaky clean these days. As you get older your compulsion should start to diminish. [smile]

I cleaned my shotgun this morning, (it needs to be cleaned every 200 rounds and was pretty dirty from shooting it last night).

Which means that my AR, three of my glocks, two of my wife's handguns and I don't know what else are still dirty...

Yeah, I don't foresee any day in which every single gun in this house is clean coming up real soon.

Back
Top Bottom