Thanks to Clinotus

richc

NES Member
Back at the TVI fundraiser I started chatting with a guy. He'd been shooting a big ol' revolver and I was asking him about it. Turns out I was chatting with Clinotus.

Come to find out he lives in the town where my middle daughter will begin college this weekend. I sent Clinotus a PM asking him about the nearby area and any advice he might give his own daughter who would be living in the area.

Well I received a very detailed reply with a ton of great info. He also included his home and mobile phone numbers in case she needed some help locally.

I would like to publicly thank Don for his kind help. He was very gracious and informative, and I feel lucky to have made his acquaintance.

I also think this is indicative of what Derek and the mods have created here on NES. Yes, it is about our passion for firearms. But it is also a social site whose members care about one another and generously extend a hand to others. As my Dad used to say, people here on NES are good stuff.

Thank you, Don. It warms this protective father's heart to know there is someone close by who cares.

Best,

Rich

Don is a great guy (when he finally shows up). [wink]

I have a similar member-help story:

Last year I was going to rent a vacation house on a lake in NH virtually sight unseen (just pics on the internet). A member that lived nearby volunteered to check the place out for me, and without me asking, he even drove all around the lake looking for a boat rental place for me.

That member was Ed, a.k.a. The Village Idiot.

Last edited:
EC... that is a great story. I am quite sure ED (TVI) would be proud of this remembrance.

Thanks for sharing.

Rich

Don is a great guy (when he finally shows up). [wink]

I have a similar member-help story:

Last year I was going to rent a vacation house on a lake in NH virtually sight unseen (just pics on the internet). A member that lived nearby volunteered to check the place out for me, and without me asking, he even drove all around the lake looking for a boat rental place for me.

That member was Ed, a.k.a. The Village Idiot.

So cool! This is one of the reasons I am hooked on NES like it is crack!
I won a goal membership for the family from Don in Oct when I joined and exchanged many emails. Not surprised to hear this, but good for you Rich for sharing that. What a great relief to know there is someone immediately available for your kid.

I also know about a certain gun he shot and admitted he liked, but I promised never to tell....[wink]

Had it not been for this forum, Don would not be among the true friends that are in my world...Call it sappy if you want, but it's true. Membership at NortheastShooters opened doors up to some of the most top-shelf people I've met. Simultaneously, it expanded my circle of friends to include people because of whom my life has been enriched...Don is firmly entrenched among those people...[cheers]

Clinotus peed on my bushes, and he stole a pie off my window sill!

(Just wanted you all to know the evil side of Don!)

Jdubois... just be thankful he did not mix these up!!! Coulda left quite an aftertaste in the pie...

[smile]

its why i love this forum. I even told one of the members here who has a child going to college 2 hrs away that if the SHTF for them, I am here to help them out any way I can.

The family nature of this forum is insane (in a good way) and would actually be more shocked and surprised if he didn't offer what he did.

Clinotus peed on my bushes, and he stole a pie off my window sill!

(Just wanted you all to know the evil side of Don!)

Well you're the one who planted the bushes and made the pie.

Clearly you have corrupted this fine young gentleman,who BTW was just getting his life together, when you came along taunting him with things that he may never the opportunity to enjoy.

I see who the bad guy is here. [frown][angry]

Kudo's to you Clinotus for defending your rights!!

[smile][wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom