• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thanks, NH.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Having residences in MASS and NH and wanting to save $90 on the NH P+R permit, I told them that I was a "dual resident" and wanted the resident permit at this renewal. Since my D/L is Mass, they basically told me to stuff it. Jack.

Hey, at least NR still cheaper and less of a hassle than how MA treats NR applicants

How/where did you apply? State police?

While technically RSA 159:6 I. (a) says NHSP could issue a resident license, I doubt they would. I recall one other recent thread here where a "dual resident" said the COP of his NH town refuses to issue to part-time residents, but in general it's sort of a gray area.

Having residences in MASS and NH and wanting to save $90 on the NH P+R permit, I told them that I was a "dual resident" and wanted the resident permit at this renewal. Since my D/L is Mass, they basically told me to stuff it. Jack.

"I live at XX, XYZ road in NH. I don't have a driver's license what do I need to bring to get a permit? I have a copy of my tax bill, would that be sufficient?"

Additionally I think in some states you can get a "State ID"

Gotta work that system like a rented mule.

-Mike

How/where did you apply? State police?

While technically RSA 159:6 I. (a) says NHSP could issue a resident license, I doubt they would. I recall one other recent thread here where a "dual resident" said the COP of his NH town refuses to issue to part-time residents, but in general it's sort of a gray area.
I got the same response from the town and the state. I didn't push it 'cause the NH lake house is up for sale and may sell (I hope) this summer. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom