Texas gun owner shoots, kills man trying to rob him and family at Popeyes

Reptile

NES Member
A father in Texas who was dining with his family Wednesday night reportedly fatally shot the robber who threatened them during their dinner.

Carlos Molina, 32, was eating dinner with his family at a Popeyes restaurant in San Antonio when Andres Herrera, 19, walked in and demanded his property, Fox 29 San Antonio reported.

Molina told the would-be robber that he didn’t have any money because he used it to purchase food, and then reportedly asked Herrera if he would let his family go.

Herrera, according to WOAI-TV, told Molina that he and his family could leave. Molina's wife and two children had left but two of Molina’s other children were walking out of the bathroom when Herrera pulled a gun on them.

At one point, Herrera also pointed a gun at the restaurant counter and yelled at the store’s manager to stop running.

Molina then pulled out his legally-owned gun and shot Herrera “several times.” Officers reportedly said the father shot in defense of a third person.

The scene of the shooting is under investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/0...ob-him-and-family-at-popeyes-report-says.html

Hold-up a Popeye's Chicken, eh? It doesn't seem like it would have a big payout... two-piece biscuit could be worth it's weight tho-

Inb4 "He was such a nice kid, athlete, well liked, he wasn't threatening anyone, nobody had to die, it was just a mistake is all"

Good, Once it was revealed that he had a firearm and threatened you don't know what his intentions are. This is one of those judged by 12 is better than carried by 6 scenarios playing out in real life. I feel bad for the guy but better knowing that he secured the safety of his family.

How is Popeye's chicken anyways? Never had it. I see there is one in Chicopee MA on the strip by BJ's. How does it compare to KFC?

Popeye's chicken is spicier than e.g.KFC. Sides are so-so. Bojangles is popular here in NC and is in-between spicy-wise and has the BEST biscuits.

Saw a comment on FB where someone suggested if this happened in MA the father would, at least temporarily get jacked up, guns held, ltc suspended, etc.

When WAS the last lawful defensive gun use in MA? Against a mugger, carjacker, home invader, or hold-up man/robber?

Saw a comment on FB where someone suggested if this happein MA the father would, at least temporarily get jacked up, guns held, ltc suspended, etc.

absolutely. the AG's position is that you should not self-help. you should call the police, and shelter in place until they arrive.

EVEN if they guy was actively shooting at you and your kid...they would still try to jack you up, just on principal.

In MA they would probably argue that pointing a gun at your kid is not a direct threat, or some other sort of liberal moonbat horseshit

OMG Popeyes is so much better! There is a spicy and mild version. Red beans and rice is our favorite side and you can still get a fried apple pie!!!

When WAS the last lawful defensive gun use in MA? Against a mugger, carjacker, home invader, or hold-up man/robber?

I think you need an additional qualifier on that of the "last lawful defensive gun use in MA by a regular civilian".

I remember a few years back there was an off duty security guard who saved a doc from being stabbed to death at Mass General. They took a long look at him before not charging him. A lot of emphasis was placed on him being a security guard so somehow more qualified to use a firearm. I can't think of the last average joe civilian who lawfully protected themselves, although any stories like that are probably squashed as not fitting the desired narrative.

How is Popeye's chicken anyways? Never had it. I see there is one in Chicopee MA on the strip by BJ's. How does it compare to KFC?
as far as fast food fried chicken goes, it's great. Remarkably better than KFC. They just put one in Lynn too, though any of the hispanic fried chicken places are better (like Pollo Royal)

Good luck with that. It's Texas. First, the police will take the shooters gun into evidence. They won't suspend or revoke his LTC. He can carry any of his other guns. If he doesn't have another gun, he can go out and buy one.

Think I'm kidding? Look up the story of the guy that killed to guys breaking into his junkyard. The cops took his shotgun for ballistics tests. He went out and bought another one and used it shortly thereafter to shoot another guy that tried to rob him.

A reporter lost her job when she went after the guy and asked how many more people he was going to kill. The s*** hit the fan about her bullying him and she was fired.

Texas is unlike just about every other state. They take their property rights very seriously. Don't judge the state by what you read or see about Austin.

Momma's gonna sue Popeyes

Popeye's is much better than KFC.......

as far as fast food fried chicken goes, it's great. Remarkably better than KFC. They just put one in Lynn too, though any of the hispanic fried chicken places are better (like Pollo Royal)

Every 4-6 months I get the hankering for some serious intestinal destruction, next month maybe when I'm in Chicopee again I shall try Popeyes. Thank you gentlemen.

Perp pointed gun at a guys kids, while he was at Popeye's, in Texas. PSGWSP. Also I believe that since it was in defense of kids even the mooniest of bats would be forced to shut up if they tried to prosecute the defender even in MA. You can literally throw "think of the children" back at them.

Back
Top Bottom