• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tax return....

So I finally got a live person on the line and they basically said my only choices were to wait or make an appointment at the local office. I really don’t feel like doing that, because I just know I will go and it will be a waste of time and I’ll just get pissed off.

So now I have thousands of dollars just sitting in limbo.

On one of the radio financial programs this morning (I think it was the Armstrong Advisory program) they said to prepare for a LONGGG wait on tax returns this year. Apparently the IRS has a relatively small (14,000 IIRC) work force to review millions of returns. And it seems like they are still backed up from last year.

BUT, if you file electronically you may get your return quicker.

Proceed accordingly.

Yes I haven’t received either state or federal returns. They I owe me, I don’t owe them crap.
IRS has fraud line , you can call that - when I had my issues I called them and they do pick up. They can check if your report was filed more than once and if checks were sent to other places.
I do not recall now if it is enough just to ask for it but now they mail me a special pin code every year to use to secure/sign returns.

IRS has fraud line , you can call that - when I had my issues I called them and they do pick up. They can check if your report was filed more than once and if checks were sent to other places.
I do not recall now if it is enough just to ask for it but now they mail me a special pin code every year to use to secure/sign returns.
Thanks, I’ll try that tomorrow

So here it is. January 10th and I still haven’t received my tax return. It going to be rather large because I also never received a penny of the stimulus payments.

I called the automated line they have to check the status and the robot told me no information is available. That’s the same thing it told me last year when I was looking for my stimulus.

What should my next move be? It seems like there is no way to call a number and get a live person.
I called my U.S. Senator.
They have a department that looks into these things and sent me forms to get the process started. Literally have an envelope to mail to them sitting next to me right now.
We are still waiting on a $3,500 return on our 2020 taxes and all the IRS can give us is “No information” and an automated runaround.

Try this:

So I finally got a live person on the line and they basically said my only choices were to wait or make an appointment at the local office. I really don’t feel like doing that, because I just know I will go and it will be a waste of time and I’ll just get pissed off.

So now I have thousands of dollars just sitting in limbo.
you need to ask to talk to a taxpayer advocate. at least that's what they used to call them. My aunt was actually one for years. I think I saw something about the IRS will actually be paying out interest on delayed refunds? I must have been drunk though cause I don't think that would ever happen.

On one of the radio financial programs this morning (I think it was the Armstrong Advisory program) they said to prepare for a LONGGG wait on tax returns this year. Apparently the IRS has a relatively small (14,000 IIRC) work force to review millions of returns. And it seems like they are still backed up from last year.

BUT, if you file electronically you may get your return quicker.

Proceed accordingly.
if you file electronically and have direct deposit - you should receive your refund in the normal time (within 20 days? of "acceptance" - which is nearly immediate). If you screw up your return and you get too much back or don't pay enough they will come after you and have 3 years to do so (more if they claim you used fraud)

FYI, from the lips of the IRS: "The IRS has indicated recipients of the Advanced Child Tax Credit (ACTC) will need to compare the amount of payments received during 2021 with the amount of CTC claimed on their 2021 return. If the amounts do not match what the IRS has on record, this could result in a delay of refund."

if you file electronically and have direct deposit - you should receive your refund in the normal time (within 20 days? of "acceptance" - which is nearly immediate). If you screw up your return and you get too much back or don't pay enough they will come after you and have 3 years to do so (more if they claim you used fraud)
Not right now. I filed in October. No refund yet. It's a small amount so it doesn't really matter. Small state refund deposited very quickly.

FYI, from the lips of the IRS: "The IRS has indicated recipients of the Advanced Child Tax Credit (ACTC) will need to compare the amount of payments received during 2021 with the amount of CTC claimed on their 2021 return. If the amounts do not match what the IRS has on record, this could result in a delay of refund."

Heard this on a local radio show yesterday. They were talking up to 1 year delay if your declared ACTC amount is even just a dollar or two off. Supposedly the IRS will be sending a form with the ACTC amount disbursed, you just need to make sure you input that number.

They did have a note about married filing jointly - both spouses will get their own ACTC form and I believe you need to add up the amount and use that for the number.

New this year if you file on line you must take a selfie and submit it with your on line filing.
I hear they are shipping everyone electronic anal probes, you must insert until it beeps before submitting the tax return or the request won't go through.

OK not to submit your return however a selfie will be needed to access the IRS Web Site. The camels nose under the tent

Hummmm. Did our taxes last night and for some reason our return is half of what it was last year even though everything has pretty much stayed the same. Going to have to dig around and see what changed in the code to reduce the refund. What a PITA......

Back
Top Bottom