• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tax return....

The DOR claim is "If you would have reported to a MA office but for Covid WFH policies, you are still working in MA".

Sure but it's more complicated than that. One rule covered until 90 days after the emergency order ended - that said you can only apportion at the same rate as prior years. Another began in Sept of '21 that said, working remote due to covid doesn't count but they did not limit it based on prior years.

So many people could and did apportion historical days + Sep-Dec, provided that remote work wasn't cause covid. If your job changes, that matters too.

In my case the major bullshit was by any interpretation of MA tax law, of any year in recent history, they should have said I could apportion at my 2020 rate (which was my 2019 rate too). Instead they just tried to say I owed taxes like I was practically a resident.

My Federal Tax refund that I mailed 3/7 still won’t track on the site - good news it’s less than $200

I’m thinking about next year being worse - I might adjust withholding so we owe abit as I bet refunds will be even slower.

OVER 5 MONTHS

Hitting my account 8/15. Getting $2.51 extra - interest I imagine.

According to my daughter, 2020 returns are still being processed if you mailed it in.
Picture a mail room with envelopes stacked to the ceiling. Checks have been separated and cashed of course!

I mailed mine in back at the beginning of March and it’s still not able to be tracked on the irs app. Had to mail them due to my ex deciding to put my sons social on her taxes even though we have a court agreement stating that I claim him and she claims my daughter. Of course she’s already received her her return but now I have to wait for them to sort mine out.

Back
Top Bottom