Tavor on the way

turbo38gn

NES Member
I'm excited now.. new Tavor should be at my FFL Monday...inquired about it a few weeks ago from an FFL that has treated me well in the past. He told me he would check it out and get back to me.. took him a little over 2 weeks to get one, I asked for FDE, but this one came in first.... screw it, I'll take it... when he get's an FDE he said he'll let me know.. [grin]

It's a pleasure to deal with a business that knows how to treat a customer..

It's a pleasure to deal with a business that knows how to treat a customer..

A good gun store is like a good mechanic. When found they get all my business...

The fact that there are currently 160 Tavors listed on Gunbroker with realistic price tags on most tells me this rifle is not so rare as it once seemed. I only wish it was as easy to find a GP-100 in .327 federal...

Looking forward to a writeup after testing your new rifle.

Daaaamn, just got off the phone with Dan, from Clarke Arms in CT, he is The Man!!! Comes through again, paid in full, I'll see it Monday! Like I said, I've purchased a few hard to get guns from him in the past, he has been such a pleasure to deal with. He has a Savage Model 10 BA in 338 Lapua for a great price.... got me thinking about that one again... [grin]

If anyone from the GB wants to contact him, he believes he may get 1 Tavor a week from his supplier... can't say what model.... but I was happy with my choice for now.. He's a no BS, respectful dealer that will go the distance for us, and not have to rape ya to take care of our wants.. he has ads listed in the vendor section, but here is his link if anyone is interested. He has the regular price listed... work him!!

He is an AAA+ dealer!!

http://www.clarkearms.com/iwi-tavor-bullpup-556#.UpDsojYo6dM

First of all the GN belongs to a customer, [grin] if you don't know, I build these cars for customers all over the country. I have probably 25 GNs in my shop at all times. So yeah, I pretty much can have a little bit of fun everyday... [rockon]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey, if anyone wants a Tavor, call Clarke Arms, tell them you're from the group buy, ask him what he can do for you. Worked for me.. [grin]

Last edited:
First of all the GN belongs to a customer if you don't know I build these cars for customers all over the country I have probably 25 GNs in my shop at all times. So yeah I pretty much can have a little bit of fun everyday

Very cool, and thanks for the info.

Here's a few pics out of the box... I'm really excited now that I played with this last night. Mounted a cheap red dot I had laying around, handled it a bit more tactically.... I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with it. It really is different than playing with an AR... I wasn't so sure for the 1st few minutes, but now, after taking the front handguard off, figuring out how to put some rails on it... finding some good stuff online..... I'm foaming at the mouth to "choot" it!!! The trigger is totally different, not sure how to describe it, but the trigger itself feels comfy on the finger... I like the cheek weld, it's seems right in line with the top rail.... but I seemed to have the rail tilted slightly off center when I brought the gun up initially, have to work on that....

Attachments

• Tavor-1.jpg
    Tavor-1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Tavor-2.jpg
    Tavor-2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
Waaaawhoo.... shot it..... I'll keep it short and sweet... I love it..... got to the range late had like 10 minutes to shoot... rapid fired a 20rd mag... beautiful... that's it in a nutshell.. more to come with a more detailed review...

I'm waiting for the 9mm conversion kit, I think this will be fun to shoot in 9. That and I can shoot it indoors at my range now thats its cold.

Thanks guys.. love 9mm carbines, got a couple in other platforms... here's my first little upgrade. Looked at options for a rail on the frt lower, the best deal I found was this for about $25 vs other one for $95 ... the forward grip is for my FDE AR I'm building.. have to pick \up a black one..

Attachments

• Tavor-3.jpg
    Tavor-3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Tavor-4.jpg
    Tavor-4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Tavor-5.jpg
    Tavor-5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 58
Thanks guys.. love 9mm carbines, got a couple in other platforms... here's my first little upgrade. Looked at options for a rail on the frt lower, the best deal I found was this for about $25 vs other one for $95 ... the forward grip is for my FDE AR I'm building.. have to pick \up a black one..

You got the 9mm conversion? I was told its not ready.

Cant wait for a detailed range report, do you have 200 yard range handy? Would love to see how it hits at some distance greater than 100 yds. Congrats on the new tavor!

I was thinking.... ut-oh.... My Berretta Storm is a similar platform as the Tavor.... for 600-800 I'd get one of those for the 9mm platform vs paying the same or more money for just the Tavor conversion kit... I'd rather have 2 guns for the price of one and a half..

Attachments

• BerrettaStorm.jpg
    BerrettaStorm.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 73
I've been told that my 9mm conversion kit will ship this week. Magazines should be available "any day now".

Thanks for the update, I will ask on Monday to see if I can get mine. The mags are standard 32 round Uzi mags I think, so they can be purchased anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom