• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

GunTypeCaliberAllowed
MP5SBR9mmNo
MP5SBR22Yes
AR15Rifle22Yes
AR15Rifle9mmNo
MP5SBR w/ pistol brace9mmYes
Colt AnacondaPistol44 MagnumYes
Glock 19Pistol9mmYes
Glock 19SBR9mmNo

I challenge anyone to try and justify this

It’s a club with elected officials and funded by members, as a member I have a right to question the rules.
No one is disagreeing with that though. You’ve been unsuccessful in getting a controversial rule changed. Now it is time for you to run against one of the elected officials, or find another club.

But coming on here being annoying AF doesn’t seem to be a winning strategy.

GunTypeCaliberAllowed
MP5SBR9mmNo
MP5SBR22Yes
AR15Rifle22Yes
AR15Rifle9mmNo
MP5SBR w/ pistol brace9mmYes
Colt AnacondaPistol44 MagnumYes
Glock 19Pistol9mmYes
Glock 19SBR9mmNo

I challenge anyone to try and justify this

You will enjoy this range.

No one is disagreeing with that though. You’ve been unsuccessful in getting a controversial rule changed. Now it is time for you to run against one of the elected officials, or find another club.

But coming on here being annoying AF doesn’t seem to be a winning strategy.

Then let’s all go the first Sunday of September and have a vote, it’s really that simple. I don’t even understand why is it even controversial

If we’re going to start setting up tents so people can shoot their PCCs in the cold, how about we just all meet at the clubhouse and drink some hot cocoa and play Call of Duty together? It’s cheaper and less gay.

View attachment 784242

But the CR56 AMAX is a rifle, we couldn’t use it at the indoor range. Can we setup the LAN party in tents at the outdoor range.

I hope everyone is safe from flooding.

Weather permitting, plate match this Sunday. Bring a good sense of humor, a favorable view on pitching in, and a centerfire handgun.

The first batch of dues notices / invoices / renewals are in the mail this afternoon. The rest should be in the mail by Thursday at the latest.

You should expect to see your newsletter and dues soon. As always, they are not due until December 31.

All dues are in the mail as of Thursday morning. The Raynham and Dighton post offices have been outstanding.

If you can't pay your dues, are OCONUS, or something else - please just send a quick message to [email protected]

NOT "information" - info.
Thanks - got mine in the mail this week.
Would be nice to have an electronic pay option (I always forget to put it in the range bag for drop off while i'm there)

>Would be nice to have an electronic pay option (I always forget to put it in the range bag for drop off while i'm there)

I probably write three checks per year at this point, and I'm in the same camp. That won't happen with the current E-board; several can coherently explain why they don't want to pay merchant / processing fees to take credit cards, deal with chargebacks, and the like. For me, it's acceptable to take the 3 minute detour to the post office and get a money order. Billpay *does* work, and the club has already has people paying via that method this cycle.

Because two people asked via PM - I'm not on the board. I am a range officer, but that just means I get called in to do weird s**t at odd hours.

>Would be nice to have an electronic pay option (I always forget to put it in the range bag for drop off while i'm there)

I probably write three checks per year at this point, and I'm in the same camp. That won't happen with the current E-board; several can coherently explain why they don't want to pay merchant / processing fees to take credit cards, deal with chargebacks, and the like. For me, it's acceptable to take the 3 minute detour to the post office and get a money order. Billpay *does* work, and the club has already has people paying via that method this cycle.

Because two people asked via PM - I'm not on the board. I am a range officer, but that just means I get called in to do weird s**t at odd hours.
It would be nice if the e-board would opt for electronic payments by offering a discount for cash or check, just as many gun shops do. Even just sending a check through the bill pay services would be fine as long as members remember to have their membership number on the check. Having to return the entire invoice is so 1980s.

We switched to online payments at Hopkinton Sportsmens and as far as I know we have not received a chargeback.

1903 - did we meet a few days ago?

Rob - you may wish to tell the E-board about this. On a separate note, we have at least 13 bounced checks.

Eddie - ......learn to read?

1903 - did we meet a few days ago?

Rob - you may wish to tell the E-board about this. On a separate note, we have at least 13 bounced checks.

Eddie - ......learn to read?
I deal with the board at my own club; I do not provide boards at clubs I am not a member of with unsolicited advice :oops:

But, you raise an interesting question - what is more likely? A chargeback or bounced check. My guess is the later. Chargebacks are several times more expensive that depositing a bad check.

Hi all. Happy Friday. Hope you can enjoy the unseasonably nice weather and get to a range.

This Sunday there will be the early renewal raffle. You don't need to be present to win, just have your dues paid by 5 minutes prior to the start of Sunday's meeting.

Back
Top Bottom