• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Hi all, I recently moved down to Foxborough and am looking to join this club. I've been a member at MRA for years and really value having an indoor pistol range that I can access in the evenings and also having access to a longer (more than 100 yards) rifle range. Any current members on here who might be willing to sponsor me? Happy to meet in person beforehand if you'd like

-Jordan
As long as you have your LTC you don't need a sponsor.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

As long as you have your LTC you don't need a sponsor.

You're somewhat wrong, and the membership admits some applicants without a LTC / FID.

Here is the real answer: In order to get in, one must be voted in by the membership. Full stop.

That is the way things function right now.

I could be a pedant and say that Section 9 [D] of the club bylaws state that applicants must be sponsored by a member in good standing [etc, etc] ... but that really *is* a leftover from when the club had nearly 200 members, and applicants really had to know someone.

Attachments

• nocomments-47-638.jpg
    nocomments-47-638.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks everyone! Dropped my application in the mail today and I'm looking forward to meeting folks in the next couple months

Yes, the driveway was plowed. A few people use the 50 yard ranges in Sunday.

Please don't push it if you drive a small car. The areas inside the fence do not get plowed.

Filling out my new application and need a sponser since the only person I know isn't exactly up to date on his fees would anyone care to be my sponser? I was a member a couple years ago and was busy with family stuff and let the membership run out I'm starting over. I am aware of all the rules and how things work so your name will not be tied to a douche for lack of better terms. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out and look forward to getting back in and meeting new people!

Just bought first house, realized never got letter for renewal and if i did it got misplaced in the move. dont want to get cut off. How can i submit paymenet asap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'd like to check out this range once my license comes in. Close to home and seems like a great group as well as nice facilities from reading here.

If anyone did or does find a glock stainless steel guide rod on the narrow 50 I wouldn't mind a shout out.... no idea what happened to it or if it was at the bench or walking back from down range... it's gone now though....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got my license after 5 months! Very interested in this club as i live in North taunton (norton) and mom lives in taunton.

I'm off the next couple days if anyone would want to go and show me the place, let me know!

If anyone did or does find a glock stainless steel guide rod on the narrow 50 I wouldn't mind a shout out.... no idea what happened to it or if it was at the bench or walking back from down range... it's gone now though....

Is that all that's left when they 'splode?

Is that all that's left when they 'splode?
No explosions... it ran fine last range trip...
Walked back from down range and put it in a case. Didn't clean it because it was only a few rounds.. took it back out to switch a conversion barrel and when it came appart... no rod????
The spring and inside screw cap was still in the gun but no rod? Just a veary confusing 'failure'...

It was actually lying on the ground a few yards from the targets. Saw your post the other day and came across this and figured this might have been it.

There is a spring cleanup work party scheduled for Saturday, March 11.

Starting at 9AM, we will clear debris from the impact areas.

If at all possible, please show up.

Work Party Canceled

Update -

Due to snow, the work party scheduled for Saturday, March 11 has been canceled.

Please tell your friends, no work party, range will be open as normal.

didn't the indoor used to use clips to hold the targets? the pins into the cardboard is a fail in my opinion, especially since the cardboard has been swiss cheese the last 2 times i went and i didn't see any fresh ones around. i've seen more than a few new targets just fall off the holder once cranked out beyond the red line.

not a huge deal as i spend more time outdoors but i'm wondering if i'm the only one that thinks the pins stink

Back
Top Bottom