Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Steel plate shoot this Sunday?

Yes. Sorry, I was going to post about that earlier but I've been busy.

Steel plate shoot this Sunday, it may be the last of the year.

The entire E-board was re-elected at October's meeting. A great deal of maintenance and improvement has been ongoing at both ranges. New HD cameras are up and operational.

The Leo Dennen Memorial shoot will be held tomorrow on the wide 100 yard range. Please bring a military issue rifle or sporter variant and 20 rounds of ammo.

On Wednesday, November 30 the club will host a blood drive from 11 AM to 4 PM. If at all able, please show up and donate blood.

Last edited:
Nothing negative to say about my club ..but, as a member, we need to take a breath on new memberships. Each time I go, extremely busy. Wait longer and longer. Feel pressed to leave the range to let the next party shoot. Indoor and outdoor. My opinion?

It's the downside of belonging to a great club.The outdoor range is like that every year at this time because it gets dark so early. I will say, however, that too often lately a few of us were unable to use rifles because of a single person down-range using pistols. I wish they'd revisit the rule against bringing targets closer to alleviate this problem.
If you want the ability to have closer targets, the club would probably have to put in a no clear sky system if it doesn't have one.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

It's the downside of belonging to a great club.The outdoor range is like that every year at this time because it gets dark so early. I will say, however, that too often lately a few of us were unable to use rifles because of a single person down-range using pistols. I wish they'd revisit the rule against bringing targets closer to alleviate this problem.

The area to the right of the 100 yard range would make a perfect 10-25 yard pistol area. It does seem that (murphy's law) when you want to shoot long guns everyone is using pistols, and vice versa. The crowds have been tough to beat this year.

Support, I love that Taunton is popular because it's so shooter friendly. Dedicated outdoor pistol range would be awesome.
So your out door range is a who gets their first system.
Am I getting this right.
If a pistol shooter comes and sets up he's 25 yards from the berm so everyone needs to shoot at 25 yards?

One club I belong to is supposed to have no pistols on the rifle range starting Jan 4th.
We have a bigger problem of bullets bouncing off the ground and over the berm vs people shooting high over.
We had a eye brow installed a few years ago and it's either poor weapon control or some looser being cute and shooting it intentionally but there's plenty of holes.

Am I getting this right.

Yes and no. We have a 300 yard range with restricted access and its own rules. We also have a wide and a narrow 50 yard range, and a wide / narrow 100 yard range. The wide 100 can accommodate several groups of shooters at any given time, and is for use at 100 yards only [see page 12 of range rules - http://tauntonrifleandpistol.org/TRPC Range Rules 3-0 2015.pdf]

The other ranges can be used at shorter distances. We obviously don't allow one group to shoot past another on any given range.

does anyone have a P320 or a VP9? I would like to shoot a few rounds each. I'm looking to buy my next pistol but I can't decide between the two. Can meet at the indoor range or outdoor if the weather is good.

Hi all - due to some maintenance on the indoor range, the indoor facility [clubhouse and ranges] will be closed until 3 PM tomorrow.

Outdoor ranges are still open until sunset [4:26 PM tonight, 4:27 tomorrow]

Sorry about that.

Hi all, I recently moved down to Foxborough and am looking to join this club. I've been a member at MRA for years and really value having an indoor pistol range that I can access in the evenings and also having access to a longer (more than 100 yards) rifle range. Any current members on here who might be willing to sponsor me? Happy to meet in person beforehand if you'd like

-Jordan

I don't believe you need a sponsor but bender could give you the definitive answer on that. I could show you around if you want. This is a great club and awesome people. I think the club is excepting applications for March now.

Back
Top Bottom