• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Congrats to Targetsports and shame on all the betas on page 1 crying to delete this, MA gunowners are some of the biggest babies. The reason they get away with so much here is there is never any pushback.

That has to be the greatest example of turning lemons into lemonade I've seen in a long time.

I really hope that TS's orders from Mass have surged since the "expose" was done by the antis.

Please beware of the Massachusetts Form 1 (income tax) Question 34 - Use tax due on Internet, mail order and other out-of-state purchases. Make sure you report enough to cover your purchases. I'm sure Maura will share that information with DOR once she gets the records through the discovery process in the lawsuit.

Congrats to Targetsports and shame on all the betas on page 1 crying to delete this, MA gunowners are some of the biggest babies. The reason they get away with so much here is there is never any pushback.

I'm happy as hell they have the stones to give that dimpled wanna be dictator the finger.
I hope more follow suit.
But I'm also well aware of who we're dealing with here and the bill is already being drafted to make online sales really illegal in MA as we speak.
Your not going to rub their faces in it openly and not get blowback in this direction as well.
Be ready for another fight coming up.

I wouldn't call everyone on page 1 a beta. In NES we tend to not post who ships to MA. You have been around since 2010.

That has to be the greatest example of turning lemons into lemonade I've seen in a long time.

I really hope that TS's orders from Mass have surged since the "expose" was done by the antis.

Please beware of the Massachusetts Form 1 (income tax) Question 34 - Use tax due on Internet, mail order and other out-of-state purchases. Make sure you report enough to cover your purchases. I'm sure Maura will share that information with DOR once she gets the records through the discovery process in the lawsuit.

Can't they quote the Tire Fair case where the court ruled that MA had no right to demand that sort of info from a non-MA firm? IIRC that was an SJC ruling wasn't it?

Easy to say when it's not you that needs to "push back". There is risk to pushing back, maybe you have unlimited funds for a prolonged legal battle, but most do not. I'm certainly willing to push back on "suitability" and frankly I think I'd win once it got past the district level of the fed courts, but I don't have the money. But please feel free to help me push back with $50k to get things started, probably won't take more than a couple hundred thousand total, but you can make payments. Now, are you still hot to push back.

The risk is why TS deserves our support, they are now a target with the AG taking aim. And this is why I'd like to see other vendors join in, nothing will reduce the risk more than numbers. A rational person might focus on bigger fish, but our AG is supremely arrogant, and believes in herself as flawlessly right. So its just a matter of time before she tries something. And the MA courts might side with her, but I don't see her winning on the fed level.

Serious question: do I have to pay MA use tax on ammo that I shoot in another state?

Frankly I think even the legislature banning mail order isn't going to fly because of interstate commerce. Unless a product is illegal in state there's not really legal grounds to block delivery. Outside of liquor, states don't have the authority, just the feds. A legislative ban would just lead to another Comm2A case with plenty of standing.

Serious question: do I have to pay MA use tax on ammo that I shoot in another state?
If bought in MA or was ever in MA (bought in NH, brought home to MA, then brought back to NH to shoot), legally the answer is yes. Do many people actually pay tax on stuff bought out of state? No. It would be a nightmare at the end of the year to go thru all your receipts (you keep every one of them don't you?) and list everything so you can calculate use tax due. Also if you buy something in another state that has a lower sales tax rate, you are supposed to pay the difference to MA. So the bookkeeping just became insanely complicated if you visit and buy in multiple states during the year!

ETA: If you bought it in NH, used all of it in NH w/o ever crossing into MA with the product, then no tax is due to MA.

Frankly I think even the legislature banning mail order isn't going to fly because of interstate commerce. Unless a product is illegal in state there's not really legal grounds to block delivery. Outside of liquor, states don't have the authority, just the feds. A legislative ban would just lead to another Comm2A case with plenty of standing.

I have to believe one reason for the change on mail/internet order wine sales was that many of us were doing it anyway. In that way it's apples to apples.

I have to believe one reason for the change on mail/internet order wine sales was that many of us were doing it anyway. In that way it's apples to apples.
Not unlike the pot trade I see, in the very recent past, dealing or possessing would get you jammed up and fined heavy and more.
Now I see anyone who has pot arrests in their past goes to to front of the line to get a business permit to grow and sell pot in MA.

State lawmakers have made clear they want opportunities provided in the legal marijuana industry for economically disadvantaged people — particularly residents of minority neighborhoods who were harshly impacted by the so-called “war on drugs” in recent decades.

The commission agreed to designate as yet undefined “areas of disproportionate impact,” and offer what it called priority review for applicants for cannabis business licenses from those communities.

Applicants with a majority of owners who have lived in areas of disproportionate impact for at least five of the past 10 years would be offered priority review, as would any company in which at least 51 percent of employees or subcontractors have drug-related arrests on their records.

LESSON learned: to the brave go the spoils. And P.S. F.U. MAURA.

This is Maura’s war on ammo.

Last edited:
Not unlike the pot trade I see, in the very recent past, dealing or possessing would get you jammed up and fined heavy and more.
Now I see anyone who has pot arrests in their past goes to to front of the line to get a business permit to grow and sell pot in MA.

State lawmakers have made clear they want opportunities provided in the legal marijuana industry for economically disadvantaged people — particularly residents of minority neighborhoods who were harshly impacted by the so-called “war on drugs” in recent decades.

The commission agreed to designate as yet undefined “areas of disproportionate impact,” and offer what it called priority review for applicants for cannabis business licenses from those communities.

Applicants with a majority of owners who have lived in areas of disproportionate impact for at least five of the past 10 years would be offered priority review, as would any company in which at least 51 percent of employees or subcontractors have drug-related arrests on their records.

Govmint shouldn't be picking winners and losers. Affirmative action for pot heads ?

500 dollars ordered. not that much but a case of CCI standard velocity + some other goodies. get busy everyone! put a message in the box too.

Well depending what happens in the future maybe MA LGS can wake up and offer better options and prices or be smart enough to just accept fees for shipping items to them. With out the "my vendor" BS. For many years I tried to get several local gun shops to accept orders for me from vendors that only ship to FFLs . all they needed to do is provide FFL info and set a fee. At one time our small group where willing to pay 20% of our total order on bullets , primers, powder. Non of them wanted to even consider it.
Bravo TS I'm ready for the legal fund me thing to send some cash...also to comm2a
Exactly. This is the problem. And price gouging by some local shops.

Also, the great thing about ordering online is that locally there are many calibers such as those for some C&R rifles that are near impossible, if not totally impossible, to come by in MA shops.

I applaud anyone who faces adversity head-on. I sincerely hope they come out of this unscathed. Being that I am one who loves to spit in the eye of my opponent, I've learned the hard way that having an exit strategy is my best plan. Hasn't always been the case in my life. Fighting an economically unending opponent may not work out well. And the worst part is WE are funding the fight against ourselves in this Hellhole. I will stand and support TSUSA's efforts 100%, but I fear it won't end well for US. Here's to hoping Davey once again perseveres against Goliath.
Just like how every time Mad Maura decides to sue the Trump administration we are paying for it TWICE. Once through federal taxes, and once through local taxes. If Faker Baker had a backbone, maybe he would put his foot down... but we all now that is just a pipe-dream!

Just like how every time Mad Maura decides to sue the Trump administration we are paying for it TWICE. Once through federal taxes, and once through local taxes. If Faker Baker had a backbone, maybe he would put his foot down... but we all now that is just a pipe-dream!

We've been over this, the governor has no authority over the actions of the AG. Or are you suggesting that the governor should exceed his authority, just like the AG did, because it suits your needs at the moment?

We've been over this, the governor has no authority over the actions of the AG. Or are you suggesting that the governor should exceed his authority, just like the AG did, because it suits your needs at the moment?
But it seems the fence sitters in the Ma. general court like the feeling of the pickets up their butts.

Thank you Target Sports!

My concern is that since they've consulted with legal counsel and determined that Maura has no authority to ban mail order sales, she'll just talk to Deleo, Creem, and Linsky to get a bill written up banning online sales like what happened in CA. A great temp win for us, but I agree this should be kept discrete.

You took the words right out of my mouth. They resumed shipping weeks ago and I discreetly let my friends know; not sure that publicizing it is a great long term play.

Didnt CA just do this?

When MA could not figure out how to funnel the money through their planned dispensory system with just a few large investors they will still want every little guy to be permitted and licensed to collect the taxes and fees. I'm sure once the regulatory commission comes out with the final rules by July there will be stiff fines and penalties for those selling with out license and collecting the taxes. Del a hunt bailed out and now is advisor to several boards and still racking up the $

Last edited:
To give some perspective on expenses....

The AG demanded warranty records from Glock. Glock responsed by sending a team of 3 attorneys from GA (2 outside counsel, one Glock VP) to argue the case in Suffolk Superior court. At a few hundred an hour (including prep time); airfare and hotels I doubt Glock got off for less than $10K. At that was a simple hearing on a records request, not a trial.

Back
Top Bottom